The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Arctic Monkeys

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

Arctic Monkeys

Postby Slimm » Dec 23rd, '09, 23:23

Arctic Monkeys are an English alternative rock band from High Green, a suburb of Sheffield. Formed in 2002, the band currently consists of Alex Turner (lead vocals, guitar), Jamie Cook (guitar), Nick O'Malley (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Matt Helders (drums, backing vocals).

Arctic Monkeys achieved chart success with their second single, "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", which reached number one in the UK Singles Chart.[1] Their debut album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, released in January 2006, became the fastest-selling debut album in British music history, surpassing Oasis's Definitely Maybe and remains the fastest-selling debut album for a band.[2] It received critical acclaim, winning both the 2006 Mercury Prize[3] and the 2007 BRIT Award for Best British Album. It was also nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Alternative Music Album, but lost to Gnarls Barkley's St. Elsewhere. The band's second album, Favourite Worst Nightmare, was released on 23 April 2007, sold over 225,000 copies in its first week, and was nominated for the 2007 Mercury Prize. The group also picked up the award for Best British Album and Best British Group at the 2008 BRIT Awards. Their third album, Humbug, was released on 24 August 2009.

Any fans? Personally love their sound, its kinda abstract but still catchy in a way.

Arctic Monkeys - Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFmgPrKEzbg

Arctic Monkeys - Riot van
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j052-ROwPFM

If you want to check it out i suggest you download 'Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What Im Not'.
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Arctic Monkeys

Postby *MIRANDA* » Dec 30th, '09, 13:38

this band is awesome ..and im in love with his voice :wub:
AspirinE wrote:Miranda > space,matter and time > *

>> MA MYSPACE << >> MA DEVIANTART <<
>>igotsumcandyinmyvan<<
Chill A Nity You Boon Image
*MIRANDA*
Pill Popper