The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Strokes

A place to discuss music other than hip-hop.

The Strokes

Postby Slimm » Mar 1st, '10, 18:41

The Strokes are an American rock band formed in 1998 in New York City. They rose to fame in the early 2000s as leaders in the garage rock revival. The band's members are Julian Casablancas (lead vocals), Nick Valensi (guitar), Albert Hammond, Jr. (guitar), Nikolai Fraiture (bass guitar) and Fabrizio Moretti (drums and percussion).

Upon the release of their debut album Is This It in 2001, the group was met with much critical acclaim.[1] NME made Is This It their Album of the Decade. Since then, the band has maintained a large fan base, mostly in the UK, US, Canada and Australia. They have been on an unofficial hiatus since First Impressions of Earth in 2006. A number of members have embarked on a variety of side projects, although a fourth album is in preparation for release in 2010.

Cant wait for the new album, first album was a classic, 2nd album was dope as fuck, third wasnt of the same quality but fuck that.

Any fans?
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: The Strokes

Postby embm » Mar 1st, '10, 20:44

hell ya :y: :y:
last nite & someday :worship:
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slimm » Mar 1st, '10, 21:16

embm wrote:hell ya :y: :y:

Damn embm i didnt knew you had it in ya, props! :y:
w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l i c e a n d f r i e n d l y f i r e w o r l d p o l ic
Slimm
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby embm » Mar 1st, '10, 22:38

Slimm wrote:
embm wrote:hell ya :y: :y:

Damn embm i didnt knew you had it in ya, props! :y:

awww ty :flutter:
ya im totly diverse in music & movies....
;)
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby gvdz » Mar 1st, '10, 22:54

i dont like most of their songs but whatever happend sounds good :happy:
gvdz
Renegade
Renegade

Return to General Music