The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stay Wide Awake

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Stay Wide Awake

Postby infinite2hts » Oct 13th, '13, 21:49

-GoBerzerk- wrote: As impressive as the rhyming is, is anyone really COMPELLED or even interested to hear Eminem talking about fucking someone with an umbrella

I dont understand the point u r trying to make here. Em is playing a character in this song. Its a story telling song with fucked up content. No one is COMPELLING you to like the music. you can either appreciate/like the art or dislike/hate it.

-GoBerzerk- wrote: or someone "scratching like some dumb freak", or him playing hide-and-seek because of a "vacancy in [his] tummy" (why would he be playing hide-and-seek because of that?)

What is so confusing in this?
" There's a monster inside of me, it's quite ugly and it frightens me
But they can't see what I can see, there's a vacancy in my tummy
It's making me play hide-and-seek, like Jason I'm so hungry
"

Hide and Seek as in hunt and chase of his victims. Since the monster inside of him is hungry for blood and flesh, he wants to play hide and seek with his victims. Therefore Em is indicating the cannibalistic tendencies of the Serial Killer he is trying to portray in this song.

-GoBerzerk- wrote:
[b]The lyrics are almost entirely shit, [/b]which really undermines any of the skill he exhibited in constructing complex multis. I'd much, MUCH rather hear a moderate amount of multis with great lyrics than an insane amount of multis with shit lyrics ("Here I come with ax"?). The accent is painful in this one too ("It don't even maw-tawugh"), though I've adjusted to it more four years later. So what we have, much like the rest of Relapse, is a song with a lot of potential, but ruined by Eminem stubbornly sticking to a theme he couldn't effectively pull off just months after becoming sober. Despite some solid elements here, I'd have to say that this is pretty easily one of Eminem's most overrated tracks.

no point of discussion here if you think The lyrics are shit.
Clearly you dont understand the song and the meaning behind those lines or dont appreciate the characterization in it.
There is much more to this song than that beat, flow and multies.
infinite2hts
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews