The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Python Reviews - RELAPSE & RECOVERY (Coming in 3 Days)

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Python Reviews - RELAPSE & RECOVERY (Coming in 3 Days)

Postby Mr Change » Sep 2nd, '13, 03:36

PAINKILLƎR wrote:I already know I'm going to hate this review.

I could already tell when I read that he thinks Recovery was 'laughably' bad.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Satan » Sep 23rd, '13, 22:10

It's back on.

Relapse tonight.
I'm not a faggot, I enjoy vagina.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Sep 23rd, '13, 22:15

-GoBerzerk- wrote:It's back on.

Relapse tonight.

:worship:

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Satan » Sep 23rd, '13, 23:14

Preview for Relapse.

Insane
Ugh.

So basically, this is Eminem when he feels like he's in the "zone" like in 1999/2000. It's awful. The first bar is a Recovery punchline, and it's not even a decent or even passable one, it's almost as bad as the "steaks are high" punchline, tbh. Eminem had a self-aware feeling during those years, he knew what he was doing. This song wants to be the Brain Damage of the album, you can tell, and it fails. This is what soccer moms thought Eminem was in 1999, while he was actually far more skilled and intelligent than what they believed him to be. The way this is presented is irritatingly simple and bland, not generic mind you, but just bland. I, at first, thought he was just joking around with this, but he apparently wanted a song that would make you sick. Problem is, it tries way too hard to do this, instead coming across as an imitator's Eminem song, fresh from 1999. The last few bars of the first verse are not bad, and the hook is very well done. However, the second and third verse are grossly awful. The song doesn't gross anyone out, it just stupidly humilliating for Eminem. The concept is paperthin, and is nearly non-existent. Lines like "WOULD YOU RATHER GET FELCHED OR DO THE FELCHING" are so forced that you have to wonder what kind of advice caused him to go through with this song. The middle of the second verse is almost like a joke, but it's funny (unintentionally), he's basically talking in this badass serious voice about how he's playing ping pong WITH HIS OWN DING DONG! If using "wee wee" made late-20's Marshall sound immature, then nearly 40 year old Marshall saying "dang-dong" is just fucking awful. His artistic immunity was being destroyed by Encore, and his first instinct while coming back was to make a song about how his non-existent step-father molested him. Jesus. Brain Damage was based on a somewhat real event, just exaggerated with his genius skills to the point where it seems unrealistic. Insane is a made up story that has no focus, no integrity, and no use of skills. Also, of course, the rhyming and flow are not there to save him. Flow is as generic as the sheet of paper he wrote the song on. Rhyming isn't good either, and is also strangely generic (felching/belching/helping) (ping pong/ding dong/king kong).

2.5/10
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Satan » Sep 24th, '13, 02:40

Also, EMINEMBASE will hate this review.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Satan » Sep 24th, '13, 03:12

bigray wrote:Dude, you're more than 4 years late, no one give a shit about your opinion.

Actually, this is because of the sudden Relapse love that has everyone saying that Relapse is up there with his top 3 classics, and some people saying that it is a classic. Trust me, it'll be good.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Sep 24th, '13, 03:17

We don't want your shitty reviews m8.
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Satan » Sep 24th, '13, 03:22

PAINKILLƎR wrote:We don't want your shitty reviews m8.

lol the fuck did i do?
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Sep 29th, '13, 08:55

-GoBerzerk- wrote:Preview for Relapse.

Insane
Ugh.

So basically, this is Eminem when he feels like he's in the "zone" like in 1999/2000. It's awful. The first bar is a Recovery punchline, and it's not even a decent or even passable one, it's almost as bad as the "steaks are high" punchline, tbh. Eminem had a self-aware feeling during those years, he knew what he was doing. This song wants to be the Brain Damage of the album, you can tell, and it fails. This is what soccer moms thought Eminem was in 1999, while he was actually far more skilled and intelligent than what they believed him to be. The way this is presented is irritatingly simple and bland, not generic mind you, but just bland. I, at first, thought he was just joking around with this, but he apparently wanted a song that would make you sick. Problem is, it tries way too hard to do this, instead coming across as an imitator's Eminem song, fresh from 1999. The last few bars of the first verse are not bad, and the hook is very well done. However, the second and third verse are grossly awful. The song doesn't gross anyone out, it just stupidly humilliating for Eminem. The concept is paperthin, and is nearly non-existent. Lines like "WOULD YOU RATHER GET FELCHED OR DO THE FELCHING" are so forced that you have to wonder what kind of advice caused him to go through with this song. The middle of the second verse is almost like a joke, but it's funny (unintentionally), he's basically talking in this badass serious voice about how he's playing ping pong WITH HIS OWN DING DONG! If using "wee wee" made late-20's Marshall sound immature, then nearly 40 year old Marshall saying "dang-dong" is just fucking awful. His artistic immunity was being destroyed by Encore, and his first instinct while coming back was to make a song about how his non-existent step-father molested him. Jesus. Brain Damage was based on a somewhat real event, just exaggerated with his genius skills to the point where it seems unrealistic. Insane is a made up story that has no focus, no integrity, and no use of skills. Also, of course, the rhyming and flow are not there to save him. Flow is as generic as the sheet of paper he wrote the song on. Rhyming isn't good either, and is also strangely generic (felching/belching/helping) (ping pong/ding dong/king kong).

2.5/10

Truu, "Insane" is one of the most 'meh' Relapse tracks. I think 2.5 is a bit harsh though.

However; I would say "My Mom" is actually the song he intended to the 'Brain Damage' of the album; it's exactly like it... and, I think he succeeds greatly with "My Mom".
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Kill You » Sep 29th, '13, 09:02

bigray wrote:I don't think anyone has said that relapse is up there with his first 3 and if anyone thinks that who cares.

I have said that. Me and just a few others.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Sep 29th, '13, 09:07

lol @ no integrity.

It certainly wasn't focused or executed well, but I disagree with your stance on the premise being bad.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews