The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

C'Mon Let Me Ride verse

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: C'Mon Let Me Ride verse

Postby Sam. » Feb 6th, '13, 19:20

It was average, to say the least; not poor.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Feb 7th, '13, 05:48

It was fantastic. the HCTW verse flowed better to the beat (and the beat on that song in general was better), but CMLR actually reminded me of Em's old stuff, with subtle wordplay and shit, rather than just rhyming fuckloads of words.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eminemeatinm&m » Feb 7th, '13, 19:49

tha best from da lastear
#HatedemhomeboysfromTR
Eminemeatinm&m
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Feb 8th, '13, 04:32

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Snake897 wrote:It was fantastic. the HCTW verse flowed better to the beat (and the beat on that song in general was better), but CMLR actually reminded me of Em's old stuff, with subtle wordplay and shit, rather than just rhyming fuckloads of words.

Fantastic? That's a bit of a stretch. I liked it a lot, but it wasn't fantastic.

Content wise, yeah, its garbage, but lyrically, it just seems like the smoothest verse I've heard from Em in a long time.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby whiteamerica2 » Feb 20th, '13, 19:34

why didnt em ever do a verse on asylum.. some relapse shit :o would have been amazing
whiteamerica2
Soldier
Soldier

Postby JAGODA » Mar 29th, '13, 21:43

His voice is fucking awesome on it, sounds like his natural voice. I hope that he'll have the voice on the new album.
JAGODA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Blu » Mar 29th, '13, 23:34

Kill You wrote:Okay, are you gonna explain why or just make a claim and exit the thread? Anyone who isn't completely biased towards Eminem positively or negatively could listen to this verse and enjoy it. Most people believe this to be a good verse. I know you don't HAVE to fit in that category or anything but since your mindset is already "Eminem sucks right now" practically anything he does probably won't satisfy you.

You could try to turn it around on me and say "well, your mindset is always positive" but you would be wrong. I go into each Eminem verse with an open mind, if I don't like it I'll say it. If I do like it, I'll say that too. If a line is embarrassing I won't dismiss it. The difference between me and others is that I take a bad line and just forget it, because the lines surrounding it are good. EVERY rapper has at least one corny line in every rap and you don't see them being constantly torn apart. It's not right to call entire verses bad because of one line lmao. If that was the case most of his earlier material would have been called trash too because he used to put in random senseless lines A LOT. His recent verses REALLY aren't bad to me and to many people. It's not me brainwashing myself into thinking this shit is good, it genuinely sounds good to me. And this verse hits home in so many ways. It's like how people can listen to Lil B and call him good. You guys genuinely believe your Based God to be good and get defensive as fuck when people question it. Why can't we do that for Eminem, a rapper who is ACTUALLY a great rapper?

Why are you getting so defensive?

SliK's not the only one entering threads and making a claim only to not back it up. Besides, why should he? You're obviously in no position to debate how good the song is considering how angry you're getting.

Your points are that Eminem's voice and flow sound great. I'm really beginning to question how well you are all educated on "flow," because on every Eminem song review I see from a member here, they're always quick to point out how good the "flow" is.

"She's DI-stracted,
By my reflectors, man, I can tell she's a-ttracted,
MY WHEELS SPOKE TO HER!!!
My Schwinn is a chick magnet
Bagging up chicks like a bag of chips
With a bag of prophylactics as big as Mick Jagger lips"

Honestly, how does ANYONE enjoy a verse like that? Yeah, his voice sounds great, but Eminem's just randomly screaming at you and cutting off words. It's not entertaining, and it doesn't show signs of progression as an artist. It's just lame. He might not have any embarrassing lines, but the verse isn't enjoyable to listen to at all, and it doesn't take a genius to make a song about bicycle and turn it into a metaphor for sex.

I'd rather listen to anything off of Recovery. He isn't cutting off words nor screaming at me and some songs are actually very enjoyable to listen to i.e. "Seduction".

Also, I know you'll say that you and others enjoy it and therefore the song is great, but...I still stand with my position that the verse and song are mediocre.

Jay isn't making songs like this, Kanye isn't, Kendrick Lamar aka our Lord and Savior isn't making songs like this.
Almostlity wrote:Grow up faggots

EminemInsider wrote:Jesus Christ, HOW FUCKING STUPID ARE YOU PEOPLE?!?!?!?!?!
Blu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SliK » Mar 30th, '13, 01:43

Find one post where I've said Eminem sucks right now.. I might've said Numb or C'mon Let me Ride sucks but I have never said he sucks.

You seem pretty sure that I have, so if I have and you can prove it ill concede that point but to say that I say it allthe time is stupid and makes me think you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Ok, as for the verse.
I like his flow and his voice, but it has been that way since The Reunion so it was no surprise to me that he was using this style.
His lyrics were average as in they were unoriginal. Sex puns.. Oh haha I get it, his bike is his dick right? His wheels SPOKE to her, lmao!!!

His verse was alright though, I'm not saying it sucks, I just don think its great.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby UofLCard » Mar 30th, '13, 01:53

SliK wrote:His wheels SPOKE to her, lmao!!!

That pun was so overtly cheesy, it was good.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby SliK » Mar 30th, '13, 01:58

You know what, that's a great way to sum up the whole verse.

It was so overtly cheesy it was good. But it was by no means great.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Insidious91 » Mar 30th, '13, 23:44

I'm not going to like any Eminem verse that's below the level of his verse on Emulate. Unlike a lot of you, I don't settle for average sub par verses. Lol@people saying his flow is awesome.
Insidious91
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby LMShady » Mar 31st, '13, 22:28

The way he says "magnet" on this song is weird... anyone noticed that?
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone and the lights go out in that trailer park?
GUTS OVER FEAR
LMShady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Apr 1st, '13, 00:29

The verse is great... I didn't then & still don't feel the rest though.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby DaKane » Apr 5th, '13, 15:17

I think its a great verse and I like the beat.
BOOM SHAQ A LAKA
DaKane
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby infinite2hts » Apr 13th, '13, 16:16

am i stupid to be scared about the new album to have songs with this kind of subject matter?
infinite2hts
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Reviews