The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Airplanes Pt. II

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Airplanes Pt. II

Postby Rollimeo » Jun 2nd, '13, 22:32

infinite2hts wrote:
Rollimeo wrote:remember when that song leaked replayed it so many times
couldn't believe people at the time where saying royce had a better verse then em did

u mean bob?
nah his verse is good till em's part comes and then it feels so basic in compared to em's monumental poetry.

no mean royce's, on the bar exam 3 mixtape
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jun 6th, '13, 10:44

Well... when he comes in with "...PRETEND he even had a friend to say was his friend", that gave me goosebumps when I first heard it, and it still sounds awesome...

He should definitely do the calm to angry emphasis more often, as he's usually one or the other... but when he uses a variance like that, it catches you off-guard and gives a contrast that sounds amazing.

Like his 2012 Coachella performance of "I Need a Doctor", he starts out rapping soft-spoken and then comes in major angry with "YOU PICKED ME UP WHEN I WAS AT MY LOW-EST"

Sounds really fucking good. Is probably his best post'Relapse,pre'Recov verse I think too... I think "Drop the World" verse is more enjoyable maybe though.

Only thing I don't like about the "Airplanes II" verse is some of the lazy lines like "and just lazy as shit", that whole bit and using shit over and over just sounds like it was the first thing he wrote and he went with it, some lazy phrasing; compared to when he normally crafts and rewords.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby JAGODA » Jun 6th, '13, 14:07

"Alright let's pretend Marshall Mathers never picked up a pen
Let's pretend things would have been no different"

I love how he starts his verse. The whole verse is great, though.
JAGODA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Eedee » Jun 6th, '13, 18:05

Honestly... this is one of his best verses of his career. Not rhyming wise (even though he's pretty damn solid in this department) but in the whole fucking realm of flow/delivery/emphasis/concept/DELIVERY.... holy fuck.

Nothing can touch the emotion in this verse. Not even Rock Bottom.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Emadyville » Jun 6th, '13, 19:54

its def an amazing verse. plus when he goes into "pretend he even had a friend to say was his friend" and gets real angry, great switch. loved the emotion
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Mr Change » Jun 6th, '13, 20:27

This verse is incredible. The switch in emotion at the friend line is just amazing.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » Jun 7th, '13, 19:23

EminemBase wrote:
Only thing I don't like about the "Airplanes II" verse is some of the lazy lines like "and just lazy as shit", that whole bit and using shit over and over just sounds like it was the first thing he wrote and he went with it, some lazy phrasing; compared to when he normally crafts and rewords.

:y:
The only thing that irks me about it. Overall emotion were good, but that's not the way he usually does expresses his emotions. He does it with the catalyst of rhyming and flow. Flow was onpoint here, but the rhyming and other things...
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews