The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ridaz

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Ridaz

Postby mwm5952 » Jul 12th, '13, 03:14

Holy shit. This song is incredible. I don't know how much you guys like infinite the album, but I love that shit and this song is as close to infinite he's come since Rock Bottom on the SSLP.
the criminal cop killing hip hop filling minimal swat to cop millions of pac listeners
mwm5952
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Ridaz

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 03:23

mwm5952 wrote:Holy shit. This song is incredible. I don't know how much you guys like infinite the album, but I love that shit and this song is as close to infinite he's come since Rock Bottom on the SSLP.

Great song. But how the FUCK does this have ANYTHING to do with Infinite? Even better, how does ROCK BOTTOM even RELATE to Infinite?

And I don't understand what's good about Infinite. There's flashes of his future brilliance, but it's still Em developing his style.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Jul 12th, '13, 03:27

Biterphobia > Ridaz > Infinite
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 03:30

SliK wrote:Biterphobia > Ridaz > Infinite

Ridaz>Infinite Album

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mwm5952 » Jul 12th, '13, 03:36

Snake897 wrote:
mwm5952 wrote: Great song. But how the FUCK does this have ANYTHING to do with Infinite? Even better, how does ROCK BOTTOM even RELATE to Infinite?

They're songs that are rapped with a very similar style to the distinct style of Infinite, the album. His rhymes of three and four and five syllables are all packed very closely together and yet he makes the song go together. I just feel like infinite has a unique sound/style and the songs I mentioned could have been written in the same era.
the criminal cop killing hip hop filling minimal swat to cop millions of pac listeners
mwm5952
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 03:40

mwm5952 wrote:
Snake897 wrote:
mwm5952 wrote: Great song. But how the FUCK does this have ANYTHING to do with Infinite? Even better, how does ROCK BOTTOM even RELATE to Infinite?

They're songs that are rapped with a very similar style to the distinct style of Infinite, the album. His rhymes of three and four and five syllables are all packed very closely together and yet he makes the song go together. I just feel like infinite has a unique sound/style and the songs I mentioned could have been written in the same era.

Not even close. Just because he rhymed a lot of words don't mean shit. If we go by that standard, then Relapse was Infinite style too. So was Cold Wind Blows. Infinite was Em taking a bunch of complex words that rhymed and stuffing as many of them as he could into each bar without thought of structure or fucking anything. Ridaz had natural rhyming that worked with the structure of the song, and contributed to the story. His pronunciation of the rhymes also contribute to the "fighting" nature of the song. For example: LICKature marks/Ice PICK at your heart" everything feels sharp and just fucking great.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SliK » Jul 12th, '13, 03:41

Snake897 wrote:

Ridaz>Infinite Album

That's what I said.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 03:45

SliK wrote:
Snake897 wrote:

Ridaz>Infinite Album

That's what I said.

Fuck, I mixed it up :facepalm Sorry, I meant Ridaz > Infinite Eminem.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mwm5952 » Jul 12th, '13, 03:56

mwm5952 wrote:
Snake897 wrote:
mwm5952 wrote:Not even close. Just because he rhymed a lot of words don't mean shit. If we go by that standard, then Relapse was Infinite style too. So was Cold Wind Blows. Infinite was Em taking a bunch of complex words that rhymed and stuffing as many of them as he could into each bar without thought of structure or fucking anything. Ridaz had natural rhyming that worked with the structure of the song, and contributed to the story. His pronunciation of the rhymes also contribute to the "fighting" nature of the song. For example: LICKature marks/Ice PICK at your heart" everything feels sharp and just fucking great.

One, I'm not saying it's a perfect match. Two, no, Infinite has that feature, but its more than that too. It has very few words that aren't fit into rhymes. Like, he's keeping that to a minimum. It feels like that's his goal on songs like Infinite, Never 2 Far, It's ok, etc. I think that's really impressive. Rock Bottom definitely fits that style of song, and I think I read on here that it was written at the same time as infinite, it just happened to make the SSLP instead. And I feel like Ridaz was written with that same type of mind frame. It's not a perfect match as I said before, and he sounds better on Ridaz, but I feel like it was written in that same style.
mwm5952
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 03:59

mwm5952 wrote:One, I'm not saying it's a perfect match. Two, no, Infinite has that feature, but its more than that too. It has very few words that aren't fit into rhymes. Like, he's keeping that to a minimum. It feels like that's his goal on songs like Infinite, Never 2 Far, It's ok, etc. I think that's really impressive. Rock Bottom definitely fits that style of song, and I think I read on here that it was written at the same time as infinite, it just happened to make the SSLP instead. And I feel like Ridaz was written with that same type of mind frame. It's not a perfect match as I said before, and he sounds better on Ridaz, but I feel like it was written in that same style.

Once again, the problem with Infinite is that he thought of the rhymes first before anything else, which made the album generic and rather boring. Infinite doesn't even come close to Rock Bottom, dude. And how exactly was Infinite good?

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mwm5952 » Jul 12th, '13, 04:35

Snake897 wrote: Once again, the problem with Infinite is that he thought of the rhymes first before anything else, which made the album generic and rather boring. Infinite doesn't even come close to Rock Bottom, dude. And how exactly was Infinite good?

I'm not saying the album rivaled any of his first three studio albums, I'm simply saying Infinite definitely has a unique style to it. I just think it's impressive to have verses that have very little words that aren't fit into rhymes, and yet have the whole thing make sense. That limits what you can write about in a way, and he not only writes verses like that, but he has like 5 or 6 whole songs like that. I'm not saying everyone should like it, but I am blown away by it (although I have to say that Never 2 Far is far from boring or generic).

Rock bottom was apparently written during the same time, so I'm not surprised that it has that same feel to it. Rock Bottom is better than any song on Infinite, but it is written in a very similar style to songs on Infinite. And now I'm saying that Ridaz is written as close to that same style as we've heard since Rock Bottom.
mwm5952
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Snakebeast » Jul 12th, '13, 04:43

mwm5952 wrote:
Snake897 wrote: Once again, the problem with Infinite is that he thought of the rhymes first before anything else, which made the album generic and rather boring. Infinite doesn't even come close to Rock Bottom, dude. And how exactly was Infinite good?

I'm not saying the album rivaled any of his first three studio albums, I'm simply saying Infinite definitely has a unique style to it. I just think it's impressive to have verses that have very little words that aren't fit into rhymes, and yet have the whole thing make sense. That limits what you can write about in a way, and he not only writes verses like that, but he has like 5 or 6 whole songs like that. I'm not saying everyone should like it, but I am blown away by it (although I have to say that Never 2 Far is far from boring or generic).

Rock bottom was apparently written during the same time, so I'm not surprised that it has that same feel to it. Rock Bottom is better than any song on Infinite, but it is written in a very similar style to songs on Infinite. And now I'm saying that Ridaz is written as close to that same style as we've heard since Rock Bottom.

Infinite wasn't terrible, but it doesn't rival any of Em's albums (with the obvious exception of Encore). While it made sense, it wasn't good. For example

Ayo, my pen and paper cause a chain reaction
To get your brain relaxing, the zany acting maniac in action
A brainiac in fact son, you mainly lack attraction
You look insanely whack when just a fraction of my track spun

He just took a bunch of rhymes and stuffed them into every bar; not really saying anything except "I'm smart with rhymes, and therefore, I'm better". Very amateurish. Compare that to Ridaz:

It's sheer hustle, I bob, weave, deflate your beer muscles
We're tussling, the crowd's starting to cheer us and
Adrenaline's rushing through us just like a geyser gushing
Too much Budweiser in my blood, I'm strangling your windpipe for nothing

Em doesn't have to use complicated words to stick rhymes in every bar. Along with the natural rhyming and awesome flow, he manages to contribute to the story he's telling (his drunk white trash persona beating the shit out of somebody).

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Kill You » Jul 13th, '13, 14:59

I made this thread a long time ago...but yes, very enjoyable song.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Return to Shady Reviews