The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

You can't come back from "The Warning"

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: You can't come back from "The Warning"

Postby Whitefox » Jul 25th, '13, 11:43

Eminem looked like a butthurted man with this diss. But the diss itself was perfect.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SliK » Jul 25th, '13, 11:55

My comments on The Warning from a while back:
SliK wrote:I am listening to this song on repeat tonight. This song kicks ass. It sounds/feels like all of his disses, the way he just fucking tears them apart. That's the aggression everyone wishes would return to his music. He sounds a lot more genuine in that than any track on Recovery or HTS, despite all his yelling on both of those. It's the first track since his come back that made me genuinely happy. I actually think it is the only song since his return that has the same feel as his earlier work.
His rhyming, insults, humor, voice and flow are all top notch and he uses their studio session at the end, imagine doing that. This guy is amazing. It really makes me think he is in there somewhere. He doesn't really seem to have a personality anymore or something, like his whole life used to be transparent and we knew all about him, even in his work you could kind of follow his life. Not only the events but the maturity of his work increased and you could tell he was growing as a person.
Then he has a fucking overdose and we lose all contact and he comes back this fucking zombie who just stand there and explains how he used to be addicts to pills. And pills this and Vicodin that. Like the addiction, and overcoming it, is his personality or something. Fuck that, we have no idea what kind of person he is these days. Even in his albums, he switches persona to a serial killer, then a punchline king.
In The Warning his real feelings are on display. It's obvious that his emotions are driving him and his actual personality is on display for once.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » Jul 25th, '13, 20:13

I don't think the song(Obsessed) alone did spark this song. Remember, 2009, TW? Tim told Em that Nick had made it his mission to go after Eminem. Em didn't knew until then. Once he knew, he was thrown aback for a moment or so.

The Song did come out on 16th June, but the Video came out on July 15th online preceded by a 2 Min clip on America's Got Talent. There were pictures form the set that had made it way to the Media before the Video. So, Em was possibly pissed by now and when the Vid dropped and his doubts were confirmed he dropped the diss on July 30th. That's like 15 days, including making the beat, writing, recording and mastering.

But, is it just me or anyone else wanted Recovery to be on the same level as this one? I know I did.

This was the same fierce energy that he displayed when he destroyed Benzino, Canibus and others. The hunger to bate and kill was evident. Poor MC and Nick, they were at the receiving end of this wrath from the legend himself.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Sam. » Jul 25th, '13, 20:40

Dream on fellow stan. DREAM ON!
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby UnoDeuce » Jul 25th, '13, 23:32

I don't want to sound stupid but were those excerpts of Mariah actually her voice mails?
"But most importantly, hip hop isn’t dead no more you see
Cause Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for MCs
Unfortunately the little nigga's like 4 ft 3, the guys a fuckin' midget
His high is still really short to me" -Hopsin
(I love Kendrick, but this shit was too funny)
UnoDeuce
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Jul 26th, '13, 04:53

UnoDeuce wrote:I don't want to sound stupid but were those excerpts of Mariah actually her voice mails?

No, Mariah's voice was from a recording session they did together ("I'm sending our studio session down to mastering to make it loud").
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Jul 26th, '13, 19:11

Trimss wrote:Word guys. I've never hated Recovery but recently, I've grown to absolutely love the Relapse era that much that it made me dislike it.

He absolutely ETHERED Nick Cannon with that career line. It's just a 10/10 diss. :flutter:

Same with me, I still really enjoy Recovery but with each Relapse listen it makes me dislike Recovery more and more. Sucks but that's how it is. :'(

He was just so comfortable, so in-tune with himself and the music that he was making at that time. And then everyone had to bitch about that accent...
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Francesco » Jul 27th, '13, 13:56

Menzo wrote:Absolutely career ending or at least hugely career injuring.
You're right, they didn't do shit after Em dropped that diss...because he's right. I remember shortly after, I think Mariah was at an awards show, drunk/buzzed. We all laughed cuz it was like "The Warning" became a reality cuz of her alcohol addiction lmao.
Another good one is:
"Aww, did I say whore, Nick? I meant a liar too"
Ouch.

I agree with the OP & this...
"'The Warning'' definitely threw Mariah off the boat & ironically it was right on the wave her single which was buzzing.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby AbramIsaac » Jul 27th, '13, 20:55

Andy Samberg won.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jul 27th, '13, 22:18

Black?

She's nearly as white as me lmao.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Jul 28th, '13, 20:10

Menzo wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Black?

I know, lol. But I think by law, if you have any percentage of black in you, you're considered African American.

Well that's absolutely ridiculous.

That's racism in itself lmao... why are the 'black genes' or is the 'black heritage' prevalent over... the other, and more dominant genes :/

I just go by logic. Other people seem to define things for bizarre reasons.

Saying you're African American if you have even the tiniest black genes in you is absurd.

She doesn't look black to me. And Morgan Freeman was right about Obama too - not that his fucking colour should make a difference, but he's the first mixed-race president. His mother was full-on white. God, America and their racial pandering and irrational baiting, and fear... so annoying lmao.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby EminemBase » Jul 28th, '13, 20:14

Miller wrote:
Menzo wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Black?

I know, lol. But I think by law, if you have any percentage of black in you, you're considered African American.

As the great Steve Byrne once said "Whatever dilutes the water. Whatever messes up the whitey, that's what you are".

Doesn't make any sense lol.

That's like a depressive prick being light-hearted and kind 1 day out of 365 and describing himself as an empathetic and caring person. Surely the 'most' of what you are is what you are lmao.

If not that, then let's just choose our best quality which we rarely ever are and say that's what we are. "I'm usually always wrong, but I was once right about something, so I'm a genius yo".
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Trimss » Jul 28th, '13, 20:16

She's considered as the black queen of Rnb or whatever. I didn't say that myself motherfucking Base Gawd
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby superman11 » Jul 29th, '13, 21:20

raul-valente wrote:10/10 diss.

The rhyming made with excerpts of 'Mariah's Voice' is awesome, as the diss as a whole.

That made the whole thing 10 times worse, which when I got to that point in the song, I didnt think was possible.

She couldn't even come out and say he was lying anymore. It made me wonder what else he had on her.
superman11
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Trimss » Jul 29th, '13, 21:57

Just heard it again.. Wow. It's really on-par with his greatest disses.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Reviews