The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Say What You Say

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Say What You Say

Postby Satan » Oct 14th, '13, 05:13

Fucking hate this song lol
I'm not a faggot, I enjoy vagina.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Say What You Say

Postby mdemaz » Oct 14th, '13, 05:37

k

dat beat doe
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Satan » Oct 14th, '13, 05:39

mdemaz wrote:k

dat beat doe

The beat is atrocious. Literally just random leftover beat noises thrown together on a loop.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Oct 14th, '13, 05:39

Yeah, this and the D12 song are definitions of filler.
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Satan » Oct 14th, '13, 05:52

Basedshady wrote:It's shitty. TES ain't classic for a few reasons but this is the strongest thing against it honestly.

They should change your name to Pythoon aight nigga labelled with a whack single

TES is overrated tbfh. White America, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, and Til I Collapse were the only above average songs on the entire album. I know it's an overdone argument, but Em did go soft with this album. Business, Drips, Superman, Hailie's Song, When The Music Stops, and Say What You Say are all complete weak trash.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LK5 » Oct 14th, '13, 06:07

LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CrashBand » Oct 14th, '13, 06:10

lol @ implying "going soft" equals getting worse.

Superman and Hailie's Song are great lol.

But if you took Business, Drips, When The Music Stops, and Say What You Say out you'd probably have the goat album

White America 10/10
Cleaning Out My Closet 9.5/10
Soldier 9.5/10
Say Goodbye To Hollywood 10/10
Without Me 9.5/10
Sing For The Moment 10/10
Superman 8/10
Haillie's Song 9.5/10
Til I Collapse 10/10
My Dad's Gone Crazy 8.5/10

arbitrary rankings of course :sweating: but chuck that shit in class's tracklist thread
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Amadeo » Oct 14th, '13, 06:24

Hailie's Song is trash? :facepalm2 :facepalm2 :facepalm2

Eminem's verses for both himself and Dr Dre were superb on Say What You Say (particularly himself).

"He went soft on The Eminem Show" is a sheeplike, ridiculous opinion. I've seen no proper justification for it because there is none.

"SSLP and MMLP are great but TES sux" is a common opinion among idiots who want to look cool and different by bashing the more sincere, less sarcastic album of the Holy Trinity.
Amadeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trilla » Oct 14th, '13, 06:28

What's wrong with SWYS?

Some of Eminem's best lyrics are on that song.
mononym wrote:mononym approves Trilla

Tragic portrait of an artist tortured
Trapped in his own drawings

But in my head there’s a voice in the back and it hollas
After the track is demolished
I am your lack of a conscience

I’m your time that’s almost up that you haven’t acknowledged
Grab for some water but I’m that pill that’s too jagged to swallow
Trilla
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Satan » Oct 14th, '13, 07:06

chikachika wrote:
-GoBerzerk- wrote:
Basedshady wrote:It's shitty. TES ain't classic for a few reasons but this is the strongest thing against it honestly.

They should change your name to Pythoon aight nigga labelled with a whack single

TES is overrated tbfh. White America, Say Goodbye Hollywood, Sing For The Moment, and Til I Collapse were the only above average songs on the entire album. I know it's an overdone argument, but Em did go soft with this album. Business, Drips, Superman, Hailie's Song, When The Music Stops, and Say What You Say are all complete weak trash.

Actually Halies song, business, superman are some of eminems best songs, all GOAT songs.

And...

When the music stops > Under the influence

Hailie's Song, while emotionally having value, doesn't hold up 10 years later when she's a teenager, and his singing is atrocious. Business is him tiredly rambling about how crazy and zany he is, while trying to do a retarded "superhero" concept. Superman is just...lazy, tired, and too much of a boring concept for such a GOAT to be doing. WTMS has an incredibly sub-par Eminem verse and boring cookie-cutter D12 verses. Under the Influence is 9/10, WTMS is 6/10 at best.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Amadeo » Oct 14th, '13, 10:16

-GoBerzerk- wrote:Hailie's Song, while emotionally having value, doesn't hold up 10 years later when she's a teenager, and his singing is atrocious.

Is this a troll post?

If not:

It "doesn't hold up"? That's a retarded non-argument that EminemInsider has already dismantled.

If you used to think a song was good and now think it sucks, that's everything to do with you and nothing to do with the song. A song's quality doesn't change from the moment it's released. You changed. Into an idiot, it seems.

Current circumstances (especially uncontrollable circumstances like Hailie becoming a teenager) do not retroactively change the quality of a song made in the past. That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

I wouldn't call the singing on Hailie's Song atrocious. It's not technically perfect, but it has a lot of heart, and so does the song in general.

-GoBerzerk- wrote:Business is him tiredly rambling about how crazy and zany he is, while trying to do a retarded "superhero" concept. Superman is just...lazy, tired, and too much of a boring concept for such a GOAT to be doing. WTMS has an incredibly sub-par Eminem verse and boring cookie-cutter D12 verses. Under the Influence is 9/10, WTMS is 6/10 at best.

Under The Influence is nothing special, and I wouldn't even say it's better than most of these songs you're bashing, apart from the superior delivery.

Eminem's verse falls short of his usual rhyming standards around that time, and there just isn't enough humor or cleverness to make up for it. He simply sings with the beat's melody in the chorus. That is what you call a "filler" song. Chucked on the MMLP purely because he wanted to throw D12 a bone.
Amadeo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Satan » Oct 14th, '13, 17:32

Revolutionary wrote:
-GoBerzerk- wrote:

You're a fuckin idiot if you think those songs are only "above average".

Sing For The Moment is a strong contender for best Eminem song of all time.

I shoulda worded it better. I lud those songs a helluva lot, 10/10 for sure
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Oct 14th, '13, 17:34

Verses were good but the beat is what brings it down a lot.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mathers » Oct 14th, '13, 18:21

I really hate the beat and the hook.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemInsider » Oct 15th, '13, 03:26

OP is an idiot.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Reviews