The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rap God

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Rap God

Postby Francesco » Oct 18th, '13, 15:09

Everybody likes it at least... & a lot of us are crazy about it. People talk about it all over the place & has been shutting down many topics all over TR too.

Feel free to review it here... I'd love to sum up your opinions!

I like the beat, the hook & the first verse & totally love the second & third verses.
As I've said many times by now the song is definitely a game changer & one my my all time Em favorite ones already! :worship:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Re: Rap God

Postby Whitefox » Oct 18th, '13, 16:18

Fire song. A lot of people throw negative thoughts on the beat, but I like it. Especially on "Hall of Fame and "Columbine" parts - it makes me feel like Eminem is sitting somewhere in the sky and talking to me - Fucking Rap God lol. I've suddenly felt in love with the "looking boy" thing, I like how he says "Hey, looking boy, What you say looking boy? I got a "hell yeah" from Dre. looking boy" and of course " Basically boy you're never gonna be capable to keeping up with the same pace looking boy".
Fuck it. Everything is pretty dope for me in this song.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Oct 18th, '13, 16:20

i love the confidence in his voice, which has been lacking somewhat since his return, the rhyme schemes are dope, his flow switching is dope, the columbine reference is fucking epic due to the energy in his voice when it culiminates to "a nine".. he's got good self awareness on his career and where he's at now. he calls out everything and everyone against him more or less..the beat is great.. can't think of any cons tbh.. goat track. up there with his best stuff, coz i believe his early career can be matched and quite possibly, bested.. unlike some who are stuck in a timewarp :D
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Raul » Oct 18th, '13, 17:22

Aone10 wrote:Song is...godly.

I thought the beat could've been a bit more minimalist in some parts... but overall the production meshes well with Em's ferocity and flows throughout the song.

Top 3 since his comeback without a doubt.

MMLP2 gon be classic yo.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Oct 18th, '13, 20:45

His voice is clear and confident. His flows are all over the place and he's constantly switching it up on this song so it never gets boring. The different voices and personas he takes on is pretty funny and works well. His punchlines are a million times better in this song. Blows everything on Recovery out of the water (yes, including Going Through Changes) and is better than a lot of Relapse songs. And you all know how much I love the fuck out of Relapse, but this simply tops a lot of those songs. Plus the lyrics are pretty awesome, his rhyme scheme is nuts. He's just constantly hitting you with dope line after dope line. Nothing bad, no "window pane"-esque lines. The beat is awesome, I fucking love it. I don't know why people don't like it because it goes fucking hard as fuck. Just listen to that shit in a car and cream your pants.

I originally gave this an 8.5 but it's a 9/10 song. Very easily. It has shook the rap world up. He proves why he is the best in this very song. Yeezus may think he's comparable to Jesus, but Eminem is a Rap God.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Francesco » Oct 19th, '13, 13:47

Everybody likes it a lot so far... 9 outta 9 upped it!
It's hard to deny such record. :worship:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby momentsgolden » Oct 19th, '13, 14:44

I love the song, the verses, the flow and a good proportion of the lines.

On a sidenote.... I read alot of reviews of eminem "losing relevance" and "trying too hard to impress" and i feel so many people (including eminem himself possibly) would believe this without serious thought. He has been relevant since Forever and this is just him accelerating to greatness.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Oct 20th, '13, 14:58

momentsgolden wrote:I love the song, the verses, the flow and a good proportion of the lines.
On a sidenote.... I read alot of reviews of eminem "losing relevance" and "trying too hard to impress" and i feel so many people (including eminem himself possibly) would believe this without serious thought. He has been relevant since Forever and this is just him accelerating to greatness.

I totally agree... Em went faster when people expected him to slow down or even trip.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby TRickster » Oct 21st, '13, 06:14

Glad to see Rap God getting the respect it deserves, even the members over at SL enjoy it.
TRickster
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Oct 21st, '13, 06:28

And when those nutballs love something, you know it's good.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Francesco » Oct 21st, '13, 11:57

StayWideAwake wrote:I was just listening to Kill You right before Rap God and when I heard

"platinum and tragedies happened" I thought it sounded really similar to the way he pronounces
"(signed to) aftermath after the fact" The way he pronounces his As sounds a lot alike at that part

I thought he was trying to mirror some of his older songs doing that... the Brutal line totally sounds like the one in his verse on Luv Me.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby RSoares » Oct 26th, '13, 01:36

He does so many flows that it'll be similarities with his previous songs, for sure. After listening so many times to this song, the 'looking boy' part just kills me :worship:

Another thing that I'm curious about is how this song will fit in the album. We know Berzerk is prior to it, but after Rap God is... Brainless. Funny song - Rap God - Funny Song? :unsure:
RSoares
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OMEGA » Oct 27th, '13, 20:53

Fucking amazing song. I'd put it probably in the top 3 since his comeback.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Oct 29th, '13, 17:31

This fucking sounds even better now after we all heard The Monster... I've heard it so many times now & it's still fucking fresh & hypes the fuck outta me. :worship:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby ladelsofgravy » Oct 29th, '13, 19:24

To keep it concise, I'll say it's worthy of praise but not deification.
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Shady Reviews