The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

the warning...

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

the warning...

Postby Mxracer6y » Oct 19th, '13, 10:01

You know, ever since eminem has made his comeback with relapse... people have had mixed opinions.. it was hated, now its loved .. whatever..

So with relapse, then recovery, and any other tracks after that.. basically its raised questions on whether eminem has still got it... and by it.. we mean everything that made him who he was between 2000-2005... roughly

Personally I love relapse.. it reminds me of classic eminem that ive always loved... although i dont particularly care for the accents, they've grown on me.. only because im pretty sure ive come to the conclusion that i hate recovery, and that style.. and pretty much HATE everything hes put out after that.... in MY opinion (and i dont want to start fights or arguments or offend people) everything that hes put out after recovery is trash.... trash trash trash... I cant stand bad meets evil either.. his stupid shouting bullshit rapping about NONSENSE... literally raps bout retarded bullshit nonsense...oh and his STUPID GODDAMN METAPHORS I CRRIINNNGE WHEN I HEAR THEM!! ARGHH. but thats beside the point.. and seriously please dont address my opinions on this, as i know some people may disagree, and my point is not to start a argument over this

point of me making this thread is because I just recently listened to "the warning" again, hadn't heard it in a LONG time and basically forgot about it.... but wow...

I don't know if its just me, not sure what everyone elses opinion on this is .... but goddamn.. THIS is the eminem i miss... fuck, everything about this song i LOVE...wont go into specifics about what it is about this song that makes it so good..

anyways, being as good as it is... raises questions about when he wrote it... but judging by the content, and what he says... it was clearly after mariahs song.. which was rigth about relapse .. cant remember if it was RIGHT before, or RIGHT after... but REGARDLESS. Its very apparent in this song that he is still very capable of the same shit that has made him what he was between 2000-2005.

I would very easily put this song up there with some of his classic shit... sure, it may not be top 5 or top 10... but its EASILY up there in my opinion as one of his best songs(top 20?). Now if he wrote and produced this around relapse era... why the FUCK does he not rap like this now??? i dont fucking understand why he raps the way he does now.. with his corny ass metaphors that literally make me CRINGE when i hear them.... fuck someone needs to remind him to rap like this...

its 5 am here and i havent slept yet, and im very much retarded at this point... but i hope you guys get my point.... the warning is a great fucking song, he raps with NO effort, and flows as smooth as a babys bottom... he tells a story, and it just happens to rhyme.... which is what made eminem who he is. Its what we all fell in love with.... rap god gave me SOME hope... but im not too impressed with bezerk, and survival is just retarded as usual... so who knows what he will do... he just keeps doing down down down... although i do actually like rap god... its just not.. WOW, and ive been let down so many times since his comeback it sucks.. im so sick of being let down.. and thats probably because he set the bar so goddamn high for himself back his prime days... who knows... like i said, 5 am... retarded... hopefully you all dont think im completely retarded..
Last edited by Mxracer6y on Oct 19th, '13, 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
Mxracer6y
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: the warning...

Postby monobloss » Oct 19th, '13, 10:02

No. MMLP2 will be GOAT.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbth6oWH6j1rxaxdc.gif
Rollefsen wrote:
monobloss wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:FUCKIN' LEAK ALREADY!!!

It's not leaking bro. Never will. Well it will, on 5th nov.

I'm 100% positive it will leak before that. I'm so positive, that if it doesnt, I will never have Emma Stone in my sig again.
monobloss
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mxracer6y » Oct 19th, '13, 10:05

monobloss wrote:No. MMLP2 will be GOAT.

I DO hope so. I actually do really like rap god, some flashes of genius in there... who knows though... we will see.

I wish he would rap the way he does on the warning though... telling a story, that happens to rhyme and happens to have an amazing flow...
Mxracer6y
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby unbound88 » Oct 19th, '13, 10:12

Agree The Warning is great but Rap God is as well, why don't you like it that much?
Last edited by unbound88 on Oct 19th, '13, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
My laser disc'll make you take a razor to your wrist,
Make you Satanistic, make you take the pistol to your face
and place the clip and cock it back
and let it go until your brains are rippin out
your skull so bad to sew you back would be a waste of stitches
unbound88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby HonestFan » Oct 19th, '13, 10:14

What.....is....up......with.....these......
HonestFan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Shady50 » Oct 19th, '13, 11:47

Made a thread about this about a month ago. If he can make a song like The Warning he can put out a true sequel to the MMLP, if every song has that type of quality. I would definitely say that's the closest thing to the old Eminem that we're going to get. No shouting, awesome lyrics, and his flow is on point. I'm still blown away by that song tbh.

I Love Award...
Shady50
Soldier
Soldier

Postby skc_ » Oct 19th, '13, 12:15

just listen to the song the warning, ive never really listened to it before and i have to agree, its one of his best since his return. Great flow, no shouting, good beat, thats how he should sound.
skc_
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kill You » Oct 19th, '13, 15:33

While I love The Warning, you people have to accept that the old Em isn't coming back. He can show flashes of his old self in many of his songs, and for the most part he does. But he's just not the same. Appreciate that he can put out something like Rap God and still give his fans some dope music. Appreciate that he can make something so drastically different, yet still being Shady.

I think MMLP 2 Eminem will be the closest to old Eminem that we're going to get, so far.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby nicknem » Oct 19th, '13, 15:51

Agree. The Warning is amazing.

"Listen, girly. Surely you dont want me to talk about how I nutted early 'cos ejaculated prematurely and bust all over your belly, and you almost started hurling and said I was gross, go get a towel youre stomachs curling.
Or maybe you do.
But if Im embarrassing me, Im embarrassing you and dont you dare say it isnt true.
As long as the songs getting airplay Im dissing you.
Im a hair away from getting carried away and getting sued."

"You like this

Nope, not anymore dear"

True eminem
nicknem
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Francesco » Oct 19th, '13, 16:08

It was after Relapse... Em addressed Mariah's then new single Obsessed which supposed to be a jab at him & most of it Nick's letter which came as a reaction to Em's Bagpipes from Baghdad which was on Relapse.
The Warning is incredible all the way... no doubt about it

Where are you from homeboy?
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Sea triscuit » Oct 19th, '13, 16:42

between 2000 and 2005? He was not rapping nearly as good as the warning in 2005 and 2004
Sea triscuit
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Oct 19th, '13, 17:04

Disregard the genius 96-99 material, fucking kids...
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 19th, '13, 19:10

He raps about nonsense on the Slim Shady LP and on a lot of stuff around the time that came out, you just dont like his approach to his vocals, the content has absolutley nothing to do with it. Warning is amazing though and i wish he would rap that relaxed more often.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mxracer6y » Oct 21st, '13, 00:49

Kill You wrote:While I love The Warning, you people have to accept that the old Em isn't coming back. He can show flashes of his old self in many of his songs, and for the most part he does. But he's just not the same. Appreciate that he can put out something like Rap God and still give his fans some dope music. Appreciate that he can make something so drastically different, yet still being Shady.

I think MMLP 2 Eminem will be the closest to old Eminem that we're going to get, so far.

Well, i sort of disagree to a certain extent.

If 'The warning' came out after relapse, then he is obviously completely capable of being his old self. He still has his old self somewhere inside. He just keeps trying to do new stuff... i dont really know WHY, other than trying to please people i guess. For some reason he cares way to much about what people think, and he is obviously reading what people have to say also.

He obviously took alot of shit to heart after relapse came out... second guessing himself, and talking trash about it in his own songs... completely changed his style into something thats NOT him. Fuking coming out with that bullshit CD called recovery, which is by far his worst fucking CD ever. Its so anti eminem / slim shady its a joke. Metaphors that are so goddamn corny and retarded they sound like a 5th grader came up with them, and i completely cringe when he says them, and i am entirely embarrassed to listen to some of his songs

"You haters can make like bees with no stingers and drop dead"

Are you kidding me??? Drop dead? bees with no stingers? oh yea, thats fucking hard core shit right there... :facepalm

Recovery, and everything after it, including bad meets evil = 40 year old old guy trying to stay relevant. Trying to be something hes not, and should never be.

Some songs on recovery needed to be made, and we needed to hear them i suppose, but an entire album worth of that shit ? ehh....

But I think he goes off the deep end with his features on bad meets evil... the shit he says... is so fucking retarded it makes me want to kill myself. He sounds so fucking stupid.

Relapse ? = typical eminem / slim shady. (if he didnt include accents, relapse would be phenomenal. It would be flawless. It would be everything we want and expect to see from eminem. That outlandish crazy fuking shit that makes us all say "wwwwtffffff this guy is nutssss, but dammmn this song is sickkkk"

Anyways i got off topic for a minute... Eminem is still very capable of producing classic material. He is STILL capable of being his old self, and blowing us away with fascinating music. The warning proves this.

I also think songs like 'My Darling' and 'Careful what you wish for' are also brilliant. They all remind me of classic eminem. I will always include those songs on my playlist as mandatory. Right along mmlp, eminem show... etc

All the bullshit after, but still including recovery, i think has really discouraged his core fans.... I think we've forgotten what he is really capable of.... Rap God shows promise for sure... but isnt Survival ALSO on MMLP2??? IF survival is really on mmlp2... then he clearly has not gotten off that style of shouting the most random and retarded non nonsensical bullshit.... which is sad, and unfortunate... what does it all mean? Well we can expect more of it... more kmart and mcdonalds lyrics... stupid metaphors about not allowing broads to eat chips off your shoulder, or rhymes about pickles for nickles?? etc

OR who can forget the BIGGEST let down in the history of music and eminem.... TI feat eminem - all she wrote.... that fucking RETARDED beyond corny line about buying a gay teddy bear, for a BI POLAR chick... get it ??? BI(SEXUAL) POLAR(BEAR) !!!! LOL ..... NOT ... worst/funniest part is they drop the beat and pause the song for a second as he says that.... almost to mock him.. almost like the DJ was thinking.. omg :facepalm2 did everyone else just hear what i did ?

I sometimes cry myself to sleep thinking about how fucking AMAZING that song really could have been.... SHOULD have been...... eminem fucking NAILED the chorus, the beat was fucking amazing. TI nailed EVERYTHING.... goddamn it.
Mxracer6y
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mxracer6y » Oct 21st, '13, 01:03

Hey can an admin explain why this thread was moved to reviews???? I wasn't reviewing the song, I started a discusion about it, and in the process i gave my opinion about the song.. which could be consider a review sure??? But that was not the point of the thread by ANY means...

With that being said, can we please move it back to general discussion? Like i said, the thread was not intended as a review, it was intended to spark discussion about eminem still being capable of his old material. being his old self.
Mxracer6y
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to Shady Reviews