The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Foolish pride

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Foolish pride

Postby csw621 » Aug 28th, '14, 14:51

Mathers wrote:
DoYouEvenRelapseBro wrote:This song is atleast better than Recovery

Why do you mention ''Recovery'' in every post? For someone who hates it so much.

please don't feed the trolls brah
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 28th, '14, 15:43

Easily the worst song weve ever heard from him. Its not really fair to judge it the way we do with the rest of his music but its still pretty terrible. Beyond the content being incredibly shitty, the lyricism is shitty as is the flow.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DoYouEvenRelapseBro » Aug 28th, '14, 16:13

csw621 wrote:
Mathers wrote:
DoYouEvenRelapseBro wrote:This song is atleast better than Recovery

Why do you mention ''Recovery'' in every post? For someone who hates it so much.

please don't feed the trolls brah

I hate Recovery doesnt mean Im a troll smh
DoYouEvenRelapseBro
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby csw621 » Aug 28th, '14, 16:29

that doesn't make you a troll but posting about it every hour on the hour does
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Nitro » Aug 28th, '14, 16:40

still a better song than any of you could make
Nitro
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Aug 28th, '14, 16:53

^ so fucking true
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DƎRDYPK » Aug 28th, '14, 21:30

When it comes to racial songs...N!gg3r Hatin' Me >>>
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby DƎRDYPK » Aug 28th, '14, 21:34

Anythings better than Foolish Pride, that's for sure
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby yung rom » Aug 28th, '14, 21:46

Relevant-
Chaos Kid's letter to the Source in response to The Source Magazine February 2004 issue

"I don't know where to begin... to sum it up, this article is partly good, but the longer I think about it, it's mostly bad. You were concerned as to whether or not I feel you're article to be unbiased. Well, thank you for not portraying ME in a bad light but as far as maintaining an unbiased stance, you certainly failed. As a matter of fact, I am forced at this point to recognize that there are obviously some ulterior motives/personal hang-ups/political/racial agendas going on behind the scenes at The Source and this is making it impossible for you to present the issue of these tapes in a true light that would give a full spectrum of perspective. I am presenting a solution to this problem:

I will write a 'letter to the editor' which you will agree to print in the next issue of The Source which will present the most vital facts surrounding the issue of these tapes. I will do this as to give you an opportunity to present the WHOLE truth of the story BEFORE I go to other, larger publications and media sources, some of which, are bound to print the WHOLE truth. If you agree to print my 'letter to the editor' and I am satisfied with the way you print it (in other words, unedited) then I agree NOT to go to other publications with the truth. Let's review these facts I'm talking about and I'm sure you will agree that the most vital part of what I said was left out and how this could possibly damage the Source's credibility as being an unbiased, fair and accurate source of information:

1: Most importantly: YOU DID NOT GIVE THE BACKGROUND OF THE TAPE. Here are the facts which I specifically remember telling you REPEATEDLY in the interview as being the MOST IMPORTANT FACTS and REASON WHY I did the interview in the first place: 1) these songs were NOT WRITTEN - They were FREESTYLES. 2) This freestyle is one of the HUNDREDS OF FREESTYLES we did over the years. 3) The NAME of these freestyle sessions we called: SUCKERIN' RHYMES. 4) The WHOLE PURPOSE of Suckerin' Rhymes was to be as goofy/stupid/ignorant/wack
as possible - to be a 'sucker M.C.' - hence the title: SUCKERIN' RHYMES. 5) The REASON WHY we did these freestyle sessions was so we could 1: TO HAVE A FUN TIME 2: TO LISTEN TO THE RECORDINGS AFTER WE WERE FINISHED AND LAUGH AT OURSELVES 3: TO WARM UP AND GET READY TO HAVE A REAL RECORDING SESSION WITH SONGS WE ACTUALLY HAD WRITTEN AND INTENDED TO RELEASE TO THE PUBLIC.

As you can see, if you were to present the tapes in THIS LIGHT, THE WAY I INTENDED IT TO BE, people would have a much more accurate and broader perspective by which to judge for themselves the motives and sentiments of Marshall Mathers when he recorded these songs. Here are some other CRUCIAL FACTS you left out:

2) Based on the above information, it is my BEST OPINION THAT MARSHALL MATHERS IS NOT A RACIST. ALTHOUGH THE SONGS WERE IN BAD TASTE, THEY WERE NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY OR EVEN HEARD AND DO NOT REPRESENT THE TRUE SENTIMENTS OF EMINEM.

3) Although you did mention that it was a 'joke', without the above information, this does nothing to put things in their proper perspective. Everone knows that someone can tell a racist joke and most likely the reason they're telling it in the first place is because they are racist!! BUT - when you take ALL of the information into consideration - the fact that these were: SUCKERIN' RHYMES AND THE PURPOSE WAS TO REPRESENT WACKNESS and my personal testimony that WE WERE THE VICTIMS OF BEING CALLED RACIST NAMES - '******', ETC.. FOR BEING INVOLVED IN HIP-HOP MUSIC BY IGNORANT-ASS WHITE PEOPLE AROUND US AND THAT THESE RECORDINGS IN MY OPINION WERE REPRESENTING THAT IGNORANT MENTALITY FROM A FIRST PERSON POINT OF VIEW BUT WAS SARCASTIC - NOT MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY AS THE OPINIONS OF MARSHALL MATHERS, it puts things in a much different perspective. Example: an actor can play a racist character in a movie about, say, the horrors of the Klan, but in real life that does not make him a racist. In fact, the reason WHY he probably did the movie in the first place is because he hated racism and wanted to expose the inhumanity and devastating effects of racist behavior!!

4) As we know however, these songs were freestyles, not written and did not have that kind of serious intention behind them as they were never meant to be heard in the first place. So, based on the above information, it is my BEST CONCLUSION THAT THESE SONGS WERE DONE OUT OF ANGER FROM EXPERIENCING WHITE RACISM AND UNDERSTANDING HOW IRRATIONAL, IGNORANT AND WACK IT IS AND SPEWING SOME OF THE VENOM BACK HE'S HEARD OVER THE YEARS - SOME OF IT DIRECTED AT HIM - ONTO THE MICROPHONE.

Another point I made in my interview which you neglected to report is:

5) In my personal experience with Marshall, during the time these recordings were made, HE NEVER USED THE WORD '******' OR ANY OTHER DEROGATORY NAMES OR MADE ANY DEROGATORY REMARKS ABOUT AFRICAN-AMERICANS IN CASUAL CONVERSATION WITH ME. In fact, we personally had conversations talking about how we hated racism and racists and both had REAL songs denouncing racism!!

Now, regarding some of the other 'facts' you got wrong:

6) Marshall did not move to Warren in his early teens. He lived in the city of Detroit. The Northeast side between 7 and 8 mile which is still predominantly black. He never lived in Warren. He would, however, frequently get kicked out by his crazy mom and would sometimes spend a few nights at a time in Warren between 8 and 9 mile at Manix and Buttafingaz' house. His girlfriend also lived in that area, so I assume he would spend some nights over there as well. However, most of the time his girlfriend would spend the night at HIS house in Detroit where he had his own room. He first went to a Detroit High School where he had some problems so for awhile he went to Lincoln High School between 8 and 9 mile in Warren. He did this by giving the school a false address within the school district. This is where he met Manix and D.J. Buttafingaz who were also attending Lincoln at the time. After awhile Lincoln High School found out that he wasn't a Warren resident however and he had to go back to Detroit schools where he attended once again for a period of time before being kicked out or dropping out (I don't remember which). All the music was recorded in Warren during this time over at Manix and Butta's house but Marshall DID live in Detroit.

7) MARSHALL DID NOT FORM BASSMINT PRODUCTIONS. IT WAS MA WHO CAME UP WITH THE NAME AND HE IS THE MAIN FOUNDER.

8) Going back to the tapes, I think it is important also to mention that THE FIRST VERSE OF 'FOOLISH PRIDE' IS ABOUT RACIAL UNITY!! Neglecting to report this fact is very shameful and again, shows a biased ulterior motive in presenting the story. You are not presenting the whole truth.

9) OK, as I'm looking at the article here, you did mention that they were freestyles, but without giving the history of the SUCKERIN' RHYME, this does nothing to put things in their proper perspective.

10) Some of the 'quotes' you used of mine seem pieced together. If it's not a direct quote from beginning to end, you should make your readers aware of that.

Overall, as I have said, a much better job could have been done. I don't know what kind of internal politics is going on at The Source which is forcing you to present things in this manner. However, as I have said, I will give you the opportunity to correct things. I would like to write a 'letter to the editor' which you will agree to print in the next issue of The Source clearing things up. If you do not agree to print it, I will be forced out of concern for THE TRUTH to go to other mainstream publications. I will also be forced to site as one of my reasons for going to them the irresponsible fashion in which The Source has 'reported' the issue. This is not a threat. This is the inevitable, natural consequence of irresponsible journalism. If you wish to correct the situation, please let me know within the week so I can make a responsible decision regarding my next course of action.

peAce, anarchy, equality, justice -
snAfu
aka
chAos Kid."
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Aug 28th, '14, 22:35

rip chaos
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Blackquill » Aug 29th, '14, 00:23

It really annoys me that to this day this song is still brought up by people trying to dismiss Eminem and his entire career by claiming he's a racist.
Blackquill
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby UofLCard » Aug 29th, '14, 01:24

Chaos Kid is such a sad story.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Mr Evil » Aug 29th, '14, 01:25

At least this gave us Yellow Brick Road
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Aug 29th, '14, 01:31

UofLCard wrote:Chaos Kid is such a sad story.

Didnt know all of that happened with him sending a letter to the source and what not.

What happened to Chaos Kid though?
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Aug 29th, '14, 01:33

TheBoss123 wrote:
What happened to Chaos Kid though?

He committed suicide a few years back.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Reviews