The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

"Asshole"

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: "Asshole"

Postby Sofi1993 » Oct 31st, '13, 15:13

I do like the song and skylar sounds great in it :y:
Sofi1993
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Oct 31st, '13, 15:15

Awesome track.
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby LK5 » Oct 31st, '13, 15:51

Hook and lyrics are cool but beat is shit.
LK5
Soldier
Soldier

Postby eturnal2013 » Oct 31st, '13, 15:54

Don't like the chorus much but the verses are niceness.
eturnal2013
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Cortex » Oct 31st, '13, 18:45

Didn't think much of it the first time around, but after listening to it a few more times, I've fallen for it :wub:
"The thought of retiring is making me want to set your daughter on fire with a soldering iron"
- Eminem, 2014
Cortex
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby whtcrack » Oct 31st, '13, 19:32

I actually really like this song... The beat is not my favorite, but it doesn't ruin the song for me. I love his flow and voice on Asshole. I'm not a fan of So Much Better, I feel like it's just a mix of "Reunion" and "A Kiss" from BME.
whtcrack
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mathers » Oct 31st, '13, 19:38

I actually liked it, it was way better than I thought it would be.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Crazee » Oct 31st, '13, 19:43

On good speakers, the beat sounds fine. You can hear the additional production by Em imo.
Crazee
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Oct 31st, '13, 20:05

It's certainly bad but it doesn't bother me like that
11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby OneOneSix » Oct 31st, '13, 20:10

Got no problem with the beat and I think Skylar's hook is soooooo dope. Em's rapping is vicious. This song is awesome.

I can enjoy every song on this album in some way, but I think Asshole is the most under rated by this forum and Stronger Than I Was the most over rated.
KNOCK MADNESS - OUT NOW
Jimmy Conway, on someone placing a bid on Eminem's old home wrote:Koolo will probably buy it and have an orgy with all the studio leak worshipers in it and then burn it down because not enough people answered his "Do you like me buying this house" poll.
"Everybody want the key and the secret to rap immortality like I have got.."
OneOneSix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Cinderella Stan » Oct 31st, '13, 20:15

Menzo wrote:I don't mind it and it's awkwardly comforting to realize that Alex Da Kidd could have easily submitted an even worse beat...

Of course he could, lol. Beat may be a little bad, but it's one of the greatest ADK will ever make, so congrats to him for giving his best for Em :y:
...as the world turns and I keep growing older
I'll be living this hip hop till hell freezes over...
Cinderella Stan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Oct 31st, '13, 20:19

Cinderella Stan wrote:
Menzo wrote:I don't mind it and it's awkwardly comforting to realize that Alex Da Kidd could have easily submitted an even worse beat...

Of course he could, lol. Beat may be a little bad, but it's one of the greatest ADK will ever make, so congrats to him for giving his best for Em :y:

Wow
That guy's so bad
11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Postby whore to a chainsaw » Oct 31st, '13, 20:25

EminemBase wrote:The worst beat on the album is Alex Da Prick's beat. Surprise surprise.

This song feels like the only true dud to me too...

It still fits due to the whole album being like a fucking acid trip though. But Em's rambling on it is pretty bad, I can't believe he thought that babble was worthy of MMLP.

I'm really surprised to see you saying this.

I know I'm new here but I've been lurking around this site for years and your posts have always stood out to me the most. You have no idea who I am but I'm someone that really appreciates and has a lot of respect for your opinions. On top of that, I agree with nearly every one of them.

I've noticed a lot of the people on this site, while loving the consonants and sucking the digit of MMLP2 (and righteously at that) seem to share a particular disliking... Well, no. Not a disliking in most cases, but it does feel as if this is the track that is simultaneously getting the most negative reception from the more "hardcore" members here... as in, the ones who CLEARLY put a lot of thought into what they say and don't go around mentally masturbating their ignorance up and down the forums and ejaculating cringe-worthy, less-than subjective negative opinions about x or y based on garbage reasoning while making the implication that what they're saying is objective. (I'm sure you know the types.)

I'm seeing a lot of really well-read, evidently in depth types of thinkers posting about how they feel negative thoughts towards this song.

I genuinely do not understand why this song is receiving these types of criticisms.

Although, I suppose it goes back to something deeper than your average human mind can comprehend.

We can't decipher or verbalize what the different combinations of notes we hear in ANY melody are speaking to our subconscious minds... our individual subconscious minds that are individual due to any number of variables that makes each person who they are. Perhaps when these un-decipherable combinations of notes/melodies speak to each of our subconscious minds (like when a song has nothing to do with anything in your surroundings... but at that time those note combos are somehow explaining or a representation of everything that you're feeling or that is going on in your life at that time... eventually corresponding with certain memories, girls, experiences in the future when you re-listen) the variables that make us individuals somehow alter what said melody speaks to one person in comparison to what it speaks to another.

But then again... I DO believe that there are OBJECTIVELY GOOD melodies and OBJECTIVELY inferior ones to the good ones.

It really is amazing when you think about how incredible this whole concept is.

Anyways, it's going to look like I just smoked my first fucking joint or something, lmfao.

I'm getting side-tracked here. TL : DR version - "Holy shit, you don't like this song either?"
whore to a chainsaw
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Hamza1972 » Oct 31st, '13, 20:46

Asshole is the worst Eminem track ever
Hamza1972
Soldier
Soldier

Postby unbound88 » Oct 31st, '13, 20:52

I haven't heard any of the tracks enough to really judge but it did seem like a bit of a weak spot, def. a bonus cut coulda been put it it's place, no need to force a Skylar track on there just cuz they fuckin.
My laser disc'll make you take a razor to your wrist,
Make you Satanistic, make you take the pistol to your face
and place the clip and cock it back
and let it go until your brains are rippin out
your skull so bad to sew you back would be a waste of stitches
unbound88
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Reviews