The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

CanadaPure's Full MMLP2 Review

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

CanadaPure's Full MMLP2 Review

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 31st, '13, 22:17

1. Bad Guy - What an interesting way to kick off an album. I thought the concept was really cool, with the twist from a typical Eminem "murdering someone" story track into what it actually was. I even liked the beat selection, it was really simple. If anything held Bad Guy back though, it was parts of the first half. The execution in those parts were okay, but could have been better IMO. The back half, concept, and ending are fantastic though. 9.5/10

2. Parking Lot (Skit) - I ain't reviewing a skit yo! I'll give it a "skit/skit" rating.

3. Rhyme or Reason - I personally loved this song. It was so different and I tend to gravitate towards really weird music. This song has a lot of reply value to me so far, just because it's such a different sound than I'm used to. This song really doesn't have any shortcomings for my personal tastes. The King of Nonsense delivers. 8.5/10

4. So Much Better - It's like puke but not a giant pile of shit! Nah, it's a great track. It's kinda got a mix of TES and Encore vibe to me going on. The hook is fantastic, the beat is good, and the verses made me laugh. But on a scale of one to ten, shiieeett, it's not the holy grail. 8.5/10

5. Suvival - I'm actually surprised, it did fit the album a little bit better than I would have expect. However, I still kind of felt like he just threw this on so he'd have an anthem for shows. I still enjoy Survival, but it fell short comparatively. 6/10

6. Legacy - I think Legacy might actually be my favorite song on the album. There are no parts of it that I dislike, even then female chorus fits perfectly with the song. The beat is beautifully sad and the verses are wonderfully executed. For me, this is a 10/10.

7. Asshole - I actually thought this was a really cool song. The beat is typical ADK shit where it sounds like he recorded TNT exploding and then put some instruments behind it, but I still thought it was cool. Skylar was good on it, but she didn't feel out of place, but she didn't feel necessary either. How do magnets work? 7/10

8. Berzerk - I don't really have much to say. Simple and fun song. Maybe I've just overplayed it. 6.5/10.

9. Rap God - Something I also don't have much to say about anymore. Beat was... It was a beat! I like how much different it sounds, which can be said for most things on this album I guess. 8/10

10. Brainless - Another song that was perfectly executed to me. I loved the verses, hook, and beat a lot. The concept in this, like Legacy, might not be as strong as Bad Guy, but I thought the execution was better. 10/10 (to me... at least :oops: )

11. Eminem Sanging (Aka Stronger Than I Was) - Wat. It was certainly unique? I don't really even know how to say anything about this song, because it was just so unexpected. UHHH. UUUUUHHHHH. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't even figure out how to rate this. ?/10

12. The Monster - I see its place on the album now, and it fits with Strong Than I Was. I still don't particularly enjoy it though. Not a fan of the production, Rihanna isn't bad but the chorus is way too long for me. It's just the definition of meh to me, at least Em was decent. 5/10.

13. So Far - I'm still not even sure that this song actually exists, it's so fucking weird. I thought it was fucking hilarious. I'm pretty sure Em broke into Yelawolfs "Love Story" vault and stole one of his songs, added some shit, and then ran off laughing. I love it, it's all over the place and fun to listen to. Em's been watching too much Duck Dynasty. 8.5/10 :laughing:

14. Love Game - Fit really well with So Far, another fun track. Not really what I expected from a Kendrick and Em collab, but I liked it. Nothing really special, but it was a good listen. 8/10

15. Headlights - I don't think it's really fair to rate this, because the point of it obviously wasn't to be a mind blowing rap song. Really didn't like the hook at all, but whatever. ?/10

16. Evil Twin - Closed strong. Not really much else to say because I thought reviewing this shit would be fun but now I'm bored as fuck. 8.25/10 or maybe 23/29, I'm not sure which.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Re: CanadaPure's Full MMLP2 Review

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 31st, '13, 22:19

UHHHHHHHHH
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 31st, '13, 22:20

Basedshady wrote:Whew struggle review

Whew I know.

Got bored 3 tracks in.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Notalius » Oct 31st, '13, 22:37

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Cinderella Stan » Oct 31st, '13, 23:30

CanadaPure wrote:1. Bad Guy - What an interesting way to kick off an album. I thought the concept was really cool, with the twist from a typical Eminem "murdering someone" story track into what it actually was. I even liked the beat selection, it was really simple. If anything held Bad Guy back though, it was parts of the first half. The execution in those parts were okay, but could have been better IMO. The back half, concept, and ending are fantastic though. 9.5/10

6. Legacy - I think Legacy might actually be my favorite song on the album. There are no parts of it that I dislike, even then female chorus fits perfectly with the song. The beat is beautifully sad and the verses are wonderfully executed. For me, this is a 10/10.

11. Eminem Sanging (Aka Stronger Than I Was) - Wat. It was certainly unique? I don't really even know how to say anything about this song, because it was just so unexpected. UHHH. UUUUUHHHHH. UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't even figure out how to rate this. ?/10

13. So Far - I'm still not even sure that this song actually exists, it's so fucking weird. I thought it was fucking hilarious. I'm pretty sure Em broke into Yelawolfs "Love Story" vault and stole one of his songs, added some shit, and then ran off laughing. I love it, it's all over the place and fun to listen to. Em's been watching too much Duck Dynasty. 8.5/10 :laughing:

:y:

Good review overall.
...as the world turns and I keep growing older
I'll be living this hip hop till hell freezes over...
Cinderella Stan
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Nov 1st, '13, 00:52

Great review... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Return to Shady Reviews