The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rhyme Or Reason

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Rhyme Or Reason

Postby The Asshole » Nov 10th, '13, 04:00

Probably my personal favorite song on the album. I know many people prefer Bad Guy but the flow, perfect use of the sample in my opinion, touch of comedy and wordplay make me love the song. Replayed the track 4 or 5 times after hearing it.
The Asshole
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Catastrophic » Nov 10th, '13, 06:26

I always crack up on the chorus when he says "Marshall or Shady" & the "I don't have one" lines, Marshall did not destroy this beat at all, in fact he made it better, the 2ND & 3RD verse is another great example of how well he can still place his anger like back in the old days, I have to admit it did take me a few listens to enjoy this track but it become one of my favorites on the album, 10/10.
CATASTROPHIC - Involving or causing sudden great damage or suffering.
Catastrophic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby walend » Nov 10th, '13, 10:40

love the parts where he says "dad"...-beat-..."yeah" , He really makes the beat alive, very very good song, this currently is my most listened track on album
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky
Eminem
Nirvana
VW Golf GTI
Painting & Paint
^^^^^^ Basically my intrests
walend
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Nov 10th, '13, 11:00

It fits perfectly on the album... rhyming is great all the way. Solid all the way in general.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Kill You » Nov 10th, '13, 13:03

Revolutionary wrote:This song is what perfection really means.

Really at first I thought Brainless was my favorite but nope...it's this song. This song is so vintage Eminem.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mathers » Nov 16th, '13, 12:46

Top 5 on the album.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Fleka » Nov 16th, '13, 13:02

I love the song.
But, in the second verse, "...No, if he had, he wouldn't have ended up in these rhymes on my pad
I wouldn't be so mad, my attitude wouldn't be so bad, yeah Dad
I'm the epitome and the prime..." I kinda feel he fucked up, like he stopped it from flowing. He could have wrote that better.
Fleka
Role Model
Role Model

Postby emusic » Nov 16th, '13, 13:36

Kill You wrote:This song is mad underrated. It is so great. The beat is chill as fuck and the Jame Bond samples elevate this song to new levels. Em and Rubin did a great job with that beat. And then the content, about his dad, whew. He actually starts to blame his dad instead of his mom for his craziness, which would actually be closer to the truth. He gets personal on this song while remaining "Eminem" and funny.

Such a great song. One of my all time favorites.

But It's NOT about his dad!

The content is about content.

He mention his father JUST as a lead-in to the subject, and as something to hold the song together. The song is about having great lyrical ability, and aimless content, or evil content. He uses his father to say "he is what caused me to have this crazy skill and made me use its power in evil or whatever."

This subject shows how self-aware he is. He is often criticized for having no content, Having immoral content, Or the same ol' content, With admission of his high skills, And having a huge following that listens to him, and not using his skill power for good.

It's called Rhyme or Reason for a reason.

Even with song like My Mom, some people think it's about his mom "oh, he's old and still talks about his mom". it's not. It's about why he is, the way he is, or why he became an addict, his mother is just a lead in.

I heard someone say when hearing ROR: "he still has daddy issues"

WTF??! missed the point completely,
emusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kill You » Nov 16th, '13, 16:56

Not fully about his dad but you're right he does use his dad as a starting point in many of his verses.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 16th, '13, 17:46

emusic wrote:
Kill You wrote:This song is mad underrated. It is so great. The beat is chill as fuck and the Jame Bond samples elevate this song to new levels. Em and Rubin did a great job with that beat. And then the content, about his dad, whew. He actually starts to blame his dad instead of his mom for his craziness, which would actually be closer to the truth. He gets personal on this song while remaining "Eminem" and funny.

Such a great song. One of my all time favorites.

But It's NOT about his dad!

The content is about content.

He mention his father JUST as a lead-in to the subject, and as something to hold the song together. The song is about having great lyrical ability, and aimless content, or evil content. He uses his father to say "he is what caused me to have this crazy skill and made me use its power in evil or whatever."

This subject shows how self-aware he is. He is often criticized for having no content, Having immoral content, Or the same ol' content, With admission of his high skills, And having a huge following that listens to him, and not using his skill power for good.

It's called Rhyme or Reason for a reason.

Even with song like My Mom, some people think it's about his mom "oh, he's old and still talks about his mom". it's not. It's about why he is, the way he is, or why he became an addict, his mother is just a lead in.

I heard someone say when hearing ROR: "he still has daddy issues"

WTF??! missed the point completely,

well said :b: :b:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby kkaniff » Nov 16th, '13, 17:53

Reminds me of Symphony in H.
It's weird how MMLP2 has so many 10/10, contenders for top 20 Eminem songs of all time.
Also, dope extended metaphor in that banana/walks of life.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby cheeseburger » Nov 16th, '13, 18:08

Ive been pretty quiet on this album for reasons i dont know. It left me speechless.
I didnt get what I was expecting. I was pretty struck by it all and couldnt find words.

Now however I can say that this album is what Kanye was trying to make with Yeezus.

And I LOVE Rhyme or Reason. Its my favorite song. Brainless comes second, then Rap God. After that its pretty much a tie of all.
Still havent gotten into the bonus songs. But from what ive heard I love Groundhog Day the most out of them.

Is my opinion loveable? :wave:
Why Yelawolf rocks
The Chevrolet Slim Shady
Theres no way you can save me
cheeseburger
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Nov 22nd, '13, 08:21

This song is really fresh.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Francesco » Nov 27th, '13, 02:41

This is my thing today... fucking awesome.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Kenneth Kaniff » Nov 27th, '13, 03:16

"What's your name?"
Shady.

"Who's your daddy?"
I don't give a fuck.

:flutter:
Kenneth Kaniff
Closet Cleaner