The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

I just love Eminem a lot, ok?

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

I just love Eminem a lot, ok?

Postby EmsTruFan » Nov 3rd, '13, 06:13

Now that I’m 5 posts in and don’t need this foolish approval to see my posts, I’m actually gonna try and make a quality thread :flower:

I wanted to talk about Eminem’s album… I’ve been listening to it the past few days and it’s taken a while for it to really sink in for me, like what the album is and where it stands in my perspective.

I love Eminem, as I’m sure many of us do, it’s a fuckin’ Eminem forum. And it’s such a trip to think that it’s been almost 15 years since My Name Is came out. And in between that time, so much shit has happened from a professional and personal standpoint, all the controversy, mainstream success with 8 Mile, Proof’s death, drug addiction… It’s crazy to think that I’ve been following this man’s career for so long. And he made such an impact in my adolescence, that I honestly would not be the person I am if it wasn’t for his music. Sounds corny, but it’s true… Oh so TRU. Lolz.

The MMLP2 is really a unique album because, while I enjoyed Relapse and Recovery, they both seemed like individual projects to me. They were albums with Eminem songs and while some of them showed glimpses of his life, they also felt a little disconnected with the rest of his discography.

I love how MMLP2 reflected on not only the MMLP but also his life and career as a whole. From the references to certain lyrics, the thematic elements in his songs… In a recent interview, Em said that the SSLP, the MMLP, and TES all captured these specific moments in his life, so it’s really hard to top or even compare those albums. I don’t think MMLP2 necessarily topped them, but enhanced them in a nostalgic, reflective sort of way, which is exactly what I think Em was going for.

I want to talk about Legacy in particular, because when I heard it, I almost got emotional mannn, no lie :'( There are some people who were just born to do stuff, ya know? Like, Kobe Bryant was born to play basketball, Michael Jackson was born to sing and dance, Leonardo DiCaprio was born to act… All those people grew up working on their craft at early ages, and it’s essentially all they know how to do. And I feel the same way with Eminem. I used to have all these conversations with people as to why Eminem was my favorite rapper and what makes him different from Jay-Z, Kanye, Drake, etc. (aside from ya know, skills, duh) but I honestly feel that Em is one of the few people who loverap and only rap. The others love it too, but not in the same way as Em… Jay’s become a businessman, Kanye an “artist,” Drake’s an actor/singer… Eminem has always just been about rapping. It really is all he knows how to do. So in Legacy, when he talks about his childhood and growing up as this weird troubled kid, but then realizing his talent and what he was born to do, and then defending himself as being one of the greatest to do it... It was this reflection on his life, his talent, his career, his legacy… Shit hit me deep. As a fan, who has stuck with him when shitty music was being put out, when there were rumors of him dying in a hospital, when fans and critics were saying he was washed up and needed to retire, it was incredibly moving to hear that song.

Anyway, I was gonna type more and say some shit about Headlights and So Far (probably the other two most reflective songs on the album), buuttttt, I'm outta time, haha. I used to be an active member on this forum from 2006-2009ish, but I deleted my account. Listening to the MMLP2 got me in a really nostalgic mood. I’m a huge Eminem fan and always will be, as this album sorta re-emphasized that. Happy Stanning y’all.
Don't judge me by my post count.

I was an old member of TR. I also type walls of texts. Please like me.
EmsTruFan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: I just love Eminem a lot, ok?

Postby Inhansed » Nov 3rd, '13, 08:52

fucking goat. :'(
Deal with it.
Inhansed
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Iris2 » Nov 3rd, '13, 10:50

I get what you're saying. Eminem is the only artist that pushes rap as far as it can possibly go.
Iris2
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby monobloss » Nov 3rd, '13, 21:05

Agreed
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbth6oWH6j1rxaxdc.gif
Rollefsen wrote:
monobloss wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:FUCKIN' LEAK ALREADY!!!

It's not leaking bro. Never will. Well it will, on 5th nov.

I'm 100% positive it will leak before that. I'm so positive, that if it doesnt, I will never have Emma Stone in my sig again.
monobloss
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady Reviews