The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bad Guy

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Bad Guy

Postby rap_unzelwcornrows » Nov 12th, '13, 15:02

Bad Guy is definintly my favorite song on the album,
I love how he explains what Stan and Mathew Mitchell mean to him.

To me the third verse represents the double standards he presents through the whole album,
With his use of the word faggot and his hostility towards women,
I also think it represents how this album is trying to cater to so many audiences, from his old fans, prospective new ones, and the hip hop community.

Any thoughts on this song as a whole or how it begins the album?

I also represent anyone on the receiving end of those jokes you offend
I'm the nightmare you fell asleep in and woke up still in
I'm your karma closing in with each stroke of a pen
Perfect time to have some remorse to show for your sin
No, it's hopeless, I'm the denial that you're hopelessly in
When they say all of this is approaching its end
But you refuse to believe that it's over, here we go all over again!
Last edited by rap_unzelwcornrows on Nov 13th, '13, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
rap_unzelwcornrows
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Bad Guy

Postby csw621 » Nov 12th, '13, 15:06

:coffee:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kill You » Nov 12th, '13, 19:32

Not the best imo but still really good and a 10/10 song.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby rap_unzelwcornrows » Nov 12th, '13, 20:12

Kill You wrote:Not the best imo but still really good and a 10/10 song.

Yeah there's that one part on the begining of the second verse that's really poor I'll give you that.
rap_unzelwcornrows
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Francesco » Nov 12th, '13, 23:52

My second fave one outta the album after Rap God... 9/10 IMO. That outro is fucking ridiculous... :worship:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby OMEGA » Nov 12th, '13, 23:55

GOAT song. Incredible concept and delivery, and the fact that is a sequel to fucking Stan makes it even better.
OMEGA
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Nov 13th, '13, 00:00

StayWideAwake wrote:
Francesco wrote:My second fave one outta the album after Rap God... 9/10 IMO. That outro is fucking ridiculous... :worship:

Absolutely unbelievable. I know it's early...but that has to be worth mentioning in a conversation of his most powerful verses.

I'd never bother to compare it to other verses to be honest... but it's definitely very very powerful.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Drax207 » Nov 13th, '13, 00:05

As a Stan I'll always remember the day the album leaked. I downloaded it quickly, sat, put the headphones on and clicked "play" on Bad Guy". I've never been so hype about something Em-related in my life, my expectations were really high and I couldn't help it tbh !

For the five first minutes I was like "Nice flow, nice beat, man it's a good intro song, can't wait to read the lyrics and the other songs" and then the bridge started and I chilled, the mood of the song drastically changed and after the "Here we go all over AGAIN!" I freezed and I got a tear in my eye for the rest of the song.

And when I watched the lyrics, realising it was a sequel for Stan and how deep that last verse was, it was even better.

Thing is, I've rarely been as much affected by an Em song. So yeah, "powerful" is the perfect word for this verse.

The song as a whole is perfect, But I got to admit that I often skip the 5 first minutes. Not because I dislike it, but because the last 2 minutes are GODLIKE
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Nov 13th, '13, 00:22

StayWideAwake wrote:
Francesco wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:Absolutely unbelievable. I know it's early...but that has to be worth mentioning in a conversation of his most powerful verses.

I'd never bother to compare it to other verses to be honest... but it's definitely very very powerful.

You probably know by now I'm not the "compare to his old material" type guy usually either, I just mean that that's the kind of verse you bring up years from now when looking back at all of his material.
Edit: My eyes watered. Can't lie. It was too much to handle at first haha

I was just saying... my first reaction was crazy too.
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby rap_unzelwcornrows » Nov 13th, '13, 01:38

StayWideAwake wrote:
Francesco wrote:My second fave one outta the album after Rap God... 9/10 IMO. That outro is fucking ridiculous... :worship:

Absolutely unbelievable. I know it's early...but that has to be worth mentioning in a conversation of his most powerful verses.

I totally agree I feel kinda like Stan and the rest of Bad Guy all exist to set up that last verse, so powerful
:worship:
rap_unzelwcornrows
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Francesco » Nov 13th, '13, 14:25

rap_unzelwcornrows wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:

I totally agree I feel kinda like Stan and the rest of Bad Guy all exist to set up that last verse, so powerful
:worship:

It actually does that exactly... :y: I felt the outro of Bad Guy is the culmination of Stan & Bad Guy itself... the boiling point. It feels like it tapped all that greatness right there!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby RSoares » Nov 13th, '13, 15:19

My fav on the album :D

Last 2 minutes are the best Em couple of minutes since his comeback. Like he said, it's like everything came up on him at the same time, by the time he decided to revisit MMLP
RSoares
Soldier
Soldier

Postby rap_unzelwcornrows » Nov 13th, '13, 18:22

It actually does that exactly... :y: I felt the outro of Bad Guy is the culmination of Stan & Bad Guy itself... the boiling point. It feels like it tapped all that greatness right there!

Haha like a climax ;)
And the amount of time between both songs is cool cause it's like we've waited for Matt to grow up
Last edited by rap_unzelwcornrows on Nov 14th, '13, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
rap_unzelwcornrows
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Francesco » Nov 14th, '13, 02:14

rap_unzelwcornrows wrote:
Francesco wrote: It actually does that exactly... :y: I felt the outro of Bad Guy is the culmination of Stan & Bad Guy itself... the boiling point. It feels like it tapped all that greatness right there!

Haha like a climax ;)
And the amount of time between both songs is cool cause it's like we've waited for Matt to grow up

This is exactly what I meant... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 14th, '13, 04:42

as soon as the whole stan voice and "mmlp2 publicity stunt" came on, i shouted out "oh my god", then when the powerful fourth verse came on, i was tearing up throughout. what more could a stan ask for.. that fourth verse is still powerful to me now, even after multiple listens.. absolute goat track and genuis sequel to the original :worship: :worship:
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Next

Return to Shady Reviews