The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eedee's MMLP2 Review

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Eedee's MMLP2 Review

Postby Eedee » Nov 22nd, '13, 08:40

01. Bad Guy

Honestly, I was driving and focusing on the road the first time I heard this, so I didn't get the whole Stan sequel until I got home and read the forum. It blew my mind. Listened again and finally got it. Lol. GOAT song. That 4th verse is fucking great. 10/10

02. Parking Lot (Skit)

K

03. Rhyme or Reason

Interesting song to say the least. Sounds really fresh. Lovin' it more and more that I listen to it. 8/10

04. So Much Better

Honestly, the first listen, the songs blended together. I guess that's good? Idk. Now that I can differentiate between the songs, this song is great. So much anger and passion. 8/10

05. Survival

Loved this from the first listen way back in August. Fits so well on the album. 8/10

06. Legacy

WHEW. This song. That is all. Fuckin' great. 10/10

07. Asshole

"My soul's escaping through this asshole that is gaping" ADK came through with a weirdly awesome beat. It's like a clusterfuck, but a clusterfuck that works. Em's additional production helped. Those bells >>> 8/10

08. Berzerk

I overplayed this tbh. But it's still fun, good, and refreshing when I don't skip it. 7/10

09. Rap God

Holy shit, this song goes hard. I find myself randomly humming or saying parts from it. I feel like the beat was perfectly chosen for it. I have no qualms with the beat. 10/10

10. Brainless

The only thing keeping this song from being a 10/10 for me is the fucking hook. This fucking hook. So lackluster. Verses/beat were great. Plus that yelling. Gets a slide while Recovery's doesn't? Idk. Whatever. Good song overall. 8/10

11. Stronger Than I Was

Loved it from first listen. Still love it. My most played song. I'm a sucker for emotional songs though. Perfect track, in my eyes. 10/10

12. The Monster

Loved it from first listen too. Em goes hard, some of you overlook that and dismiss it for a poppy track with Rihanna. She fit great and Em honestly spits some of his best work on this album here. 10/10

13. So Far...

WTF. That's all I could think when I heard this song hahahahaha. Funny as hell. Weird as hell. Great as hell. 9/10

14. Love Game

Honestly, I had no idea the song switched from So Far to this. Seamless transition. Em goes fucking hilariously hard in the first verse. That blow-job sequence was fucking genius. Kendrick's parts brought the song down. When Em opens with such wit and great rhyming, then Kendrick comes on and his mediocre rhyming and boring delivery, just ugh.... But Em saves it with his second verse LOL, fucking brilliant. 8/10

15. Headlights

Was NOT expecting this. Great fucking hook. Mesmerizing beat. Impeccable delivery and great concept/story/execution. Such a perfect song. The atlas part just fucking crushed me. Such passionate delivery and devotion to his kids. 10/10

16. Evil Twin

Hot damn, he goes insanely hard here. So many clever lines and punches. The hook was great too, albeit only used once. 9/10

BONUS

17. Baby

Should've replaced Brainless IMO. Better hook, better beat, verses go harder... 10/10

18. Desperation

Not a fan of the hook, JNC was wildly misused here. Verses are the saving grace. Beat is solid. 7/10

19. Groundhog's Day

Not a fan of the voice/delivery. Sounded forced as fuck. Finally getting used to it. Great flow/rhyming/delivery though. 9/10

20. Beautiful Pain

GREAT beat. GREAT hook. GREAT writing. Some not so great deliveries/flow (freakin, deep end!) (LIVING HELL!) But still. Classic song. That bridge is amazing. 9/10

21. Wicked Ways

Beat and hook caught me off guard. They're really good! Em rode that beat so well, hot damn. 9/10

OVERALL

Classic album. Em goes hard throughout the whole album, so many quotables. I think a few years down the road, this album will be considered a GOAT. This is Em in 2013. Not a sequel. Once people understand this, they'll consider this album among the greatest.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Re: Eedee's MMLP2 Review

Postby CanadaPure » Nov 22nd, '13, 08:55

21. Wicked Ways

Beat and hook caught me off guard. They're really good! Em rode that beat so well, hot damn. 9/10

Eedee fell off because his opinion is different than mine.

:(
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Eedee » Nov 22nd, '13, 08:57

CanadaPure wrote:
21. Wicked Ways

Eedee fell off because his opinion is different than mine.

:(

I ludda CP cream
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » Nov 22nd, '13, 09:06

Whew, powerful review.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Nov 22nd, '13, 09:16

^ GOATs
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Notalius » Nov 22nd, '13, 09:52

monster 10 ? you are probably listening to Roar everytime you go through a break-up.

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mathers » Nov 22nd, '13, 11:03

Monsters 10 and Brainless 8?
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 22nd, '13, 11:40

nice review but i think the brainless hook is definitely classic em. and yeah em spits great on monster, DAt third verse is awesome, overhated track
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Francesco » Nov 22nd, '13, 14:27

Great review homie... :y: Very very close to how I'd rate the songs...I'd give Berzerk 8/10 though. Good job anyway!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Kill You » Nov 22nd, '13, 22:12

Brainless gets a slide because he's actually not dishing out shitty punchlines doe. No one cares about the yelling as long as the lyrics are ACTUALLY angry. Recovery was fake anger. MMLP2 has real anger.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Raul » Nov 22nd, '13, 22:20

Powerful review. 7 for Berzerk, tho :'(

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Kill You » Nov 22nd, '13, 22:21

Wait wat, The Monster was a 10 and Brainless only an 8? Eedee...:'(
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 23rd, '13, 00:35

This review was made by a choosey chumpion tbh

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby rockbottom » Nov 27th, '13, 08:42

Some mind blowingly horrendous opinions listed in this review tbh.
rockbottom
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Eedee » Nov 28th, '13, 03:07

rockbottom wrote:Some mind blowingly horrendous opinions listed in this review tbh.

:wave:
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Next

Return to Shady Reviews