The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Snake's Fabulous MMLP2 Review

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Snake's Fabulous MMLP2 Review

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 28th, '13, 05:37

Bad Guy

Whew. Beautiful track. A lot of people hate on the first part of this track, but I personally love the slow buildup (the "bury this bitch alive" part was particularly ejaculation-worthy) despite its....flaws (EXI---------------STED). With each verse (aside from the aformentioned "get-it" rhyme scheme) the story builds up and gets more and more angry, with the third verse being Matthew kidnapping and killing Eminem, all the while making references to old Em songs. And, of course, we have the orgasmic second part, which really gets the Stan juices flowing, with the exception of the boner killer that is the "toilet's clogged" line. Great song, few flaws.

9.8/10

Parking Lot

Good to know Em shares my rather rational fear and hatred of dogs (especially the ones that bite).

Rhyme Or Reason

A track that I didn't know about at first. At times, Em's flow was a bit choppy (see the beginning of the third verse), but this is a very good track. Some hilarious imagery (the Michaelangelo line is pretty fucking awesome) and he talks a bit about his dad too, which I thought was interesting. FANTASTIC hook, which is really surprising, considering most of it is sung by Em (who, despite what alot of you say, is not a good singer). Overall, great track, a bit choppy at times.

9/10

So Much Better

While I love this track, I don't understand why it gets so much fucking love. It's basically Puke if it was good, which is great and all, but passion and Shady-esque yelling don't make up for some rather bad lines (the puke and smurf lines as well as the part where he randomly talks about oinking and pigs). Of course, this is still a great track, though the hook is kind of iffy (once again, not a huge fan of Em's singing). LOVE the last part of the last verse and the lesbian punchline. Fucking hilarious.

8.5/10

Survival

This track, despite what people say, sounds like a Recovery leftover. Though, if it was a Recovery leftover, I'd wonder why Em would keep it off Recovery, because it's honestly better than 90% of the album. It's a good song that gets you pumping, but it is honestly the only song on MMLP2 that doesn't fit.

7.5/10

Legacy

Probably one of my favourite tracks on this album. No, I don't find the flying saucer line corny at all. It sound ridiculous because that's the point. It's being compared to the idea of someone beating Em (which he is pointing out as ridiculous). Love the storytelling, love the voice changing, don't completely love the hook, but it's a good one (could've been a bit shorter, the ehhhh thing could've went away, and maybe there shouldn't have been one at the end of Em's third verse).

10/10

Asshole

This is the track everyone hates, which I don't understand. Yeah, okay, beat's a bit loud. But that's it. Skylar does a surprisingly good job on the hook and keeps the fast-paced song going. The ICP reference was hilarious and the verses were great. I actually like the beat, though I wish it was a bit toned down (Some of Em's yelling wouldn't have gone amiss here actually). Great song.

8.5/10

Berzerk

Despite the weak second verse (which I still believe was intentionally done) this is a great song to bump, and it's probably one of the best lead singles I've heard from him. Unlike his other lead singles, I actually don't skip it when it comes on during my album listening. Lot of replayability. Love the chorus, love the beat.

8/10

Rap God

Loved this song when it first came out, and now I love it even more because of the video. Of course, there are flaws that stop it from being a 10/10, for example the gay-looking boy part, while funny, really wasn't necessary, and the whole Ray J tangent, which seemed like filler to make the song longer. Kind of random. That aside, love this song.

9.5/10

Brainless

I love this song, not only because of the way he rhymes, flows, and still manages to tell a coherent story throughout the track, but because it (to me at least) seems like a Slim Shady version of Legacy, where he talks about the bullying he received and how he dealt with it (in this case, with weapons). Love the way he ends each verse. Hook is kind of meh for such a great track, though. And the "mid-oc-------tober" thing bugs me a bit as well. Nonetheless, great song.

9/10

Stronger Than I Waughs

What. What the flying fuck, Em? Do you HAVE to have a song on EVERY SINGLE ONE of your post-Encore albums that's just doesn't fit and is just SHIT compared to the rest of the tracks? I mean, Beautiful/Underground, Won't Back Down, Lighters, and now this?

So Em decides to sing the first two verses of this song. As I stated before, Marshall Mathers cannot fucking sing, and you are delusional if you think he is able to. Surprisingly, they're actually listenable aside from some parts where he raises his voice. Not bad for a 40 year old white rapper who probably fried his vocal cords by yelling on 90% of all songs since Relapse. Not a bad hook. Beat is the definition of meh. It would all be saved if he delivered a great verse like he did on Hailie's Song. But no, he fucking doesn't. It's not bad or anything, in fact, it's good, but not good enough to save this song. It would've been had he omitted these fucking atrocious lines

"I'ma be late for the pity party
But you're never gonna beat me to the fucking punch again
Took it on the chin like a champ
So don't lump me in with the chump-ions"

5.5-6.5/10 (depends on my mood)

The Monster

Unlike you flip-floppy bastards, I didn't despise this song then flip around when I heard MMLP2. I listened to it a couple of times and decided that Em's verses were great (even the yodelling fits in), Rihanna's hook fit, and the beat was the epitome of donkey shit. An opinion I hold to this day. His third verse is absolutely fucking AWESOME, and his verses are actually what holds this song together.

8/10

So Far

The only negative I can find in this song is that the switch from The Monster and So Far is so abrupt (this album was in dire need of a skit where Paul tries to get Em on social media and/or Em enters a game of COD Ghosts and is ambushed by swearing 8 year olds).

Besides that, perfect song. Actually absolutely perfect. I can find nothing to complain about. Hilarious, great beat, great hook, funny bridge and intro. Great use of samples (especially in regards to sampling his own songs)

10/10

Love Game

Severely underrated. Kendrick actually does a comedic verse for once, which is great, because thus far, I really haven't seen him just get relaxed and fuck around on a verse. Good first verse from Em (absolutely hilarious) which Kendrick somehow manages to top (the Sherane part :laughing: ) but somehow Em manages to top even THAT with one of the best verses on the album imo. Really wasn't expecting something like this from these two, and I still want a more serious song, so I guess you can count that as a negative.

9/10

Headlights

Hated this song on first listen, skipped it when I heard the oh-so-rousing vocals of Nate Ruess. On second listen (since all of you fuckers seemed to jizz everytime you heard it) I fucking loved it, and it slowly grew on me. Both of Em's verses are great, and Nate actually does a fantastic job on this song. Gives me chills every time I hear it. The plane part and the part leading up to it made me a sad Snake :'(

10/10

Evil Twin

Great song with enough quotables for half an album. Some weak parts stop it from being a 10/10 track (the lmfao and the gay lawyer parts)

9.7/10

Overall:: 9/10

Album Comparisonn:

SSLP: 9.2/10
MMLP: 10/10
TES: 9.5/10
Encore: 3/10
Relapse: 7.5/10
Relapse (with Refill): 8/10
Recovery: 5/10
MMLP2: 9/10

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Snake's Fabulous MMLP2 Review

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Nov 28th, '13, 05:46

PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby mdemaz » Nov 28th, '13, 07:10

Whew, powerful.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Despicable » Nov 28th, '13, 11:35

Rap God and Bad Guy are 10/10 tracks.
Cry babies,maybe my way that i use words is loose
but you turds better be careful how you choose yours
Cause feelings scar,but egos bruise worse
And the truth hurts,shit no wonder youre sore losers
Despicable
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Notalius » Nov 28th, '13, 14:12

powerful bruh ~

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Nov 28th, '13, 17:16

Good read. Nice review.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Eedee » Dec 2nd, '13, 09:02

I disagree wholeheartedly about STIW but we've been over this lol
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Snakebeast » Dec 3rd, '13, 02:42

Rap God and Bad Guy are some of the best tracks on MMLP2, only they're brought down a bit by some corny lines.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby shadyblogger » Dec 3rd, '13, 02:56

I'm just glad there wasn't any severe corniness left over from Recovery
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ganjakush56 » Dec 5th, '13, 18:22

Snake897 wrote:Bad Guy

Parking Lot

Good to know Em shares my rather rational fear and hatred of dogs (especially the ones that bite).

[

FUCK DOGS, we should be eating them imo, they must taste good. Dogs are nice pets sometimes (i had one dog that bit my face) but they, in general, are crazy animals.
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trimss » Dec 5th, '13, 18:23

ganjakush56 wrote:FUCK DOGS, we should be eating them imo, they must taste good. Dogs are nice pets sometimes (i had one dog that bit my face) but they, in general, are crazy animals.

nigga you're retarded
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Dec 5th, '13, 18:29

Trimss wrote:
ganjakush56 wrote:FUCK DOGS, we should be eating them imo, they must taste good. Dogs are nice pets sometimes (i had one dog that bit my face) but they, in general, are crazy animals.

nigga you're retarded
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby ganjakush56 » Dec 5th, '13, 19:48

Trimss wrote:

nigga you're retarded

ugh too much weed :smoking:
Dimethyltryptamine ;)

Ego: the pathology of human consciousness
ganjakush56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kpprasa » Dec 7th, '13, 02:26

Good Review. Thought Brainless and RoR should be higher imo and So Far slightly lower along with Bad Guy and Evil Twin being a 10/10
That lawyer part broke up some serious rhyming and was a nice interlude and I agree with you on the LMFAO part, but the rest of the song is SO good that I can overlook that.
I walk around like a space cadet, place your bets
Who's likely to become a serial killer? Case of tourettes
Fuck, fuck, fuck! Can't take the stress
I make a mess as the day progresses
Angry and take it out on the neighbors hedges like this is how I'll cut
Your face up bitches with these hedge trimming scissors with razor edges
Imagination's dangerous, it's the only way to escape this mess
And make the best of this situation, I guess
kpprasa
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby unmissingpiece » Dec 7th, '13, 21:22

I agree with most of this, but I'd have the last 6 songs a bit lower. And Brainless is 10/10 for me.
unmissingpiece
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Shady Reviews