The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

MMLP2. By Mr. kkaniff.

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

MMLP2. By Mr. kkaniff.

Postby kkaniff » Dec 28th, '13, 20:04

Well, fuck it. Everybody's doing one, so here's my MMLP2 review.
What do you do when you're Eminem; fresh off the world-wide success of Recovery, the 11x Platinum, record breaking, hip-hop answer to Adele's 21. What do you do when you have the hip-hop album with the most impact on the mainstream since Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III but have to deal with the growing dissatisfaction of your core fans?
Well, if you're Eminem, you think back to the time when you were in a similar position.
After the unlikely success of the Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers was faced with a thorny problem; how to make a record that would appeal to the legion of new fans he had got all of a sudden without alienating his core fan base? The answer, the Marshall Mathers LP, was a piece of art, blending the cutting wit and psychosis of Slim Shady with the human anger and frustration of Marshall Mathers and adressing universally relatable themes. The result is one of the greatest records of all time.
Almost 13 years later, he's faced with the same problem; he's the most popular music artist, maybe even human being, on the planet again, everyone from Nicki Minaj to Madonna would love a collaboration, and his chart topping, multi-platinum single with Rihanna is the third most viewed music video of all time.
He has to make a record to follow this up, a record that;
- Restores the faith of his core fan base
- Appeals to the millions of his new fans
- Is a reflection of his mind state at that particular time, in the tradition of every Eminem album.
- Is relatively simple so the idiot critics will actually understand it and not dismiss it out of hand like Relapse (the fuckin' half wits).
Now, 2 months and 3 million records sold later, with critical acclaim from casual fan and obsessed Stan, with both the top "pop" song and the most lyrical, hip-hop purist orgasm giving, technical song in the world, it's clear as fuck that Eminem succeeded. Brilliantly.
Well, fuck. My fingers ache and I haven't even started yet.
Part 2, the actual review, will come (see wut I did there?) when the pain stops.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Re: MMLP2. By Mr. kkaniff.

Postby StanBase » Jan 7th, '14, 15:34

k.
Rollefsen wrote:this guy is THE Spongebob.

Menzo wrote:one of my lowkey favourite 'newcomers' atm.

cement wrote:youre that real nikka
StanBase
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady Reviews