The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Almost Famous

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Almost Famous

Postby Shpongle » Feb 5th, '14, 15:14

Top 3 of Recovery, if not my favourite from the album :8)
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Feb 5th, '14, 16:16

slims wrote:i love the beginning and the last verse

The beginning is the best part & the last verse is very solid IMO too... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Notalius » Feb 6th, '14, 16:09

one of the few 10/10 songs since his return

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 6th, '14, 20:23

Notalius wrote:one of the few 10/10 songs since his return

:worship: hell yea
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby SSJSim2 » Mar 12th, '14, 07:15

Reading it on RapGenius made me think, woah. Shady's definitely back. This shit ain't a gimmick. He wasn't fucking around when he said he's back.
"I stuck my dick in this game like a rapist, they call me Slim Roethlisberger (sp?)" Great way to open the track.
"Dick's too short of a word for my dick. Get off my antidisestablishmentarianism, you prick!" A TAD bit corny but still hilarious. I thought for sure it'd be a trending quotable on social media.
"Y'all are Eminem backwards, you're mini mes." Blew me out the water. I was like, damn, how has he not been crowned yet? (Little did I know...)
"The bullies become bullied, the pussies get pushed. Then they better pull me, take me back to ninth grade and school me cuz I ain't looking back, only forward" Kinda long, sorry. But basically a fuck you to the "I miss the old him" tards.

Another thing I thought was dope in that song is how he takes postmortem and rhymes it with a complete different set of words than he did in Lose Yourself. Another shot at the people who "want the hold him back". So, lyrically, it's great... BUT.
I really dislike the delivery. Stans can understand what's coming out of his mouth, but the general hip-hop audience can't. Really disappointed how he wasted such good punchlines by shouting them out. This guy keeps screaming. Blabbity blabbity blooh blah. I ain't hear a word you said... HIPPITY HOO BLAH! It's the track I bump the least in Recovery due to that. I wish he would've recorded more tracks in that album with his On Fire, Not Afraid, So Bad, and even the Untitled flow.
Sorry, running on no sleep so bear with me if my sentences run in circles. But my point is, lyrics... Great. Delivery... Yuck. Production... Dope.
SSJSim2
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews