The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Anger Management DVD is so frustrating

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Anger Management DVD is so frustrating

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Feb 20th, '14, 05:52

I watched it for the first time last week

Every hook on that good damn performance had the recorded album version of it being played as em's actual vocals had been muted

That's so frustrating man, you can see at some points on the DVD that Em was with a sore throat, but the decision to put the recorded audio on the dvd is lame as fuck, he still was able to give a nice performance, his verses are OK, and proof was there to help him, so why the fuck would you do that? I'd understand the recorded audio being played as a support, second layer vocal on the hooks, but shit looks pretty bad with the album version hook making the cut while you can clearly see eminem rapping that shit live

Shit is way more embarassing when 'When the music stops' came in
EVERY D12 member except Bizarre was lip syncing on the DVD
I understand they were out of the album tune, but it's a live performance, god dammit, almost every rapper does that
Swift is totally crazy on the stage while the album version of his verse is being played, ridiculous lol
Proof is not as crazy but his verse looks just as stupid, since he's doing something with his voice on the album version of it

Another thing, half of My Dad's Gone Crazy is not shown, they decided to play the credits as the song goes through. Lame. We can see how the show ended on SFTM video, and it's amazing, with a lot of dudes on the stage, why the fuck would you cut that out to prevent us from watching em finish his performance.

Stage looks awesome but was bad illuminated. You can barely see some of it. It's frustating cause it has so many aspects to it, since it has a theme. The camera game could be A LOT better too. Circus figures were getting in the stage during the whole show, and it's something that was not well explorated by the producers.

Basically, they threw away the prime Em DVD due to some lame decisions
Live in New York is dope but he it's 2005, I don't need to elaborate any further. Plus it wasn't in detroit.
All Access Europe could be dope with his whole set during that tour being the DVD, with every song being in a city the tour has passed by. Nah. We got a doccumentary.
Up In Smoke isn't his show too.
And considering we will possibly never get a new em dvd, it just makes me more mad when I think about how frustrating the Anger Management Tour DVD was.

Thoughts?
11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Anger Management DVD is so frustrating

Postby DetroitSkills » Feb 20th, '14, 06:10

im still mad home n home dvd isnt happening
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Anger Management DVD is so frustrating

Postby Shuttle Destroyer » Feb 20th, '14, 06:21

DetroitSkills wrote:im still mad home n home dvd isnt happening

Definitely
It's a shame rap artists are not releasing performances dvds anymore
There would be so many great ones to whatch!
Kanye for instance could have put out two great DVDs with his glow in the dark and watch the throne tour

Em vocals were fucked up during the recovery era put I would love that dvd
They could really develop a great concept for a mmlp2 era dvd and release it, but I doubt they would do that
11/05/2010 - Jockey Club, São Paulo
Rap God wrote:You never seen heard smelled or met a real MC
Who's incredible upon the same pedestal as me

Like F1? Join us >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=165403
How about FM14? >> http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=165391
Shuttle Destroyer
Soldier
Soldier

Return to Shady Reviews