The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Things Get Worse

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Things Get Worse

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 16th, '14, 03:45

Menzo wrote:
Aone10 wrote:You guys are bugging out.

You can argue how intricate his rhymes are now, but no way he has topped his 2001-2003 efforts with MMLP2. It's as close as he's gotten, but let's not get carried away here..... 2001-2002 Em is easily one of the greatest rappers of all time.

You guys need to revisit Devil's Night, TES, 8 Mile OST, and find you some jesus.

I didn't say he surpassed himself in those years.

But you implied he comes awful close to those years...
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 16th, '14, 04:14

ok they do come close

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Aone10 wrote:
InsaneTRex94 wrote:Why does it matter what a human being who is not you thinks about something like music though?

What good would a forum be for if we can't discuss opinions (especially with SWA and Menzo, as they are my 2 favorite members and some of the few who can hold a discussion here without resorting to stupidity)?

I was referring more to Blogs because he seems to get almost offended or scared of disrepecting Eminem's older material when anyone says something about his newer material coming anywhere near the idea of his new material being possibly as good as his old material.

But then I guess that's still me caring about a human being who's not me so just disregard whatever I posted.

I found the remix:
http://grooveshark.com/s/Things+Get+Wor ... t2UC?src=5

EDIT: I really fucked my grammar but my brain's scrambled and I don't want to fix it.

Good point
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 16th, '14, 04:41

StayWideAwake wrote:Trex got me thinking. Aone, I think you said this a while ago that Hip Hop is one of the only (if not the only) genre where the fans shit on the legends because they like another one. Not talking about Eminem at all, there's also this weird vibe where it's not okay to give huge praise to music. Let's say for example I want to say American Gangster is a 10/10 album. I love it. It kicks ass. Someone is going to insist that I can't praise the album that way. Do classic rock fans get pissed at each other for giving an album too much praise? I've been wondering this.

Again, I'm not talking about the new vs old Em shit. Just hip hop albums in general.

I was having this convo a while back as well. I too can't think of another genre like that. I don't really think rock fans do that tbh.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Raul » Sep 16th, '14, 13:05

If someone says MMLP2 > SSLP (like Noddy), I would consider it a reasonable opinion. I rate both SSLP and MMLP 8.5, so they are tied for me.

But TES and MMLP are on another level, they are surely better than MMLP2 imo. They're nearly flawless.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Sep 16th, '14, 14:01

Aone10 wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:Trex got me thinking. Aone, I think you said this a while ago that Hip Hop is one of the only (if not the only) genre where the fans shit on the legends because they like another one. Not talking about Eminem at all, there's also this weird vibe where it's not okay to give huge praise to music. Let's say for example I want to say American Gangster is a 10/10 album. I love it. It kicks ass. Someone is going to insist that I can't praise the album that way. Do classic rock fans get pissed at each other for giving an album too much praise? I've been wondering this.

Again, I'm not talking about the new vs old Em shit. Just hip hop albums in general.

I think that happens more so with hip-hop because it's general audience is probably the most immature out of any genre. I can't stand the average hip-hop fan.

I dont think that this is the reason. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that rap has rather specific criteria for what makes an artist a dope rapper. I think theres a much larger emphasis on lyrics than there is in any other genre of music. Not to say lyrics arent important in other genres, that obviously isnt true, but its especially important for rap music. Essentially unless the rapper is also producing the beat, their words, the way they say them etc. is up for a lot more scrutiny simply because theres a lot more critique available for them.

Words are the basis for what makes a rapper good or not. They can sound nice on a record, but if they dont have lyrics they're pretty much worthless as far as rappers go, because the words are what the rappers directly effect. Theres something that feels more concrete and objective to me about critiquing lyrics as opposed to a specific guitar rhythm or a drum pattern or something like that. I think this is because sounds dont have any real meaning( though this could totally be up for debate) beyond what the listener intrinsically takes from it. Words have concrete definitions, making it feel more objective at least to me.

I also think that because its still music, if we dislike a flow or a beat it can totally eclipse a rational analysis of lyrical content. I think rap lyrics are held under a microscope that other genres of music arent held under. This to me makes it easier to say a song sucks when theres no objective premises for thinking so. You can dislike something and still appreciate it, but I feel this is harder for people when they're listening to rap.

I just woke up, 4 hours of sleep so hopefully I dont sound completely ridiculous lol.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Sep 16th, '14, 20:12

Aone10 wrote:
TheBoss123 wrote:
I dont think that this is the reason. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that rap has rather specific criteria for what makes an artist a dope rapper. I think theres a much larger emphasis on lyrics than there is in any other genre of music. Not to say lyrics arent important in other genres, that obviously isnt true, but its especially important for rap music. Essentially unless the rapper is also producing the beat, their words, the way they say them etc. is up for a lot more scrutiny simply because theres a lot more critique available for them.

Words are the basis for what makes a rapper good or not. They can sound nice on a record, but if they dont have lyrics they're pretty much worthless as far as rappers go, because the words are what the rappers directly effect. Theres something that feels more concrete and objective to me about critiquing lyrics as opposed to a specific guitar rhythm or a drum pattern or something like that. I think this is because sounds dont have any real meaning( though this could totally be up for debate) beyond what the listener intrinsically takes from it. Words have concrete definitions, making it feel more objective at least to me.

I also think that because its still music, if we dislike a flow or a beat it can totally eclipse a rational analysis of lyrical content. I think rap lyrics are held under a microscope that other genres of music arent held under. This to me makes it easier to say a song sucks when theres no objective premises for thinking so. You can dislike something and still appreciate it, but I feel this is harder for people when they're listening to rap.

I just woke up, 4 hours of sleep so hopefully I dont sound completely ridiculous lol.

Everything you said made perfect sense and I agree with you. I'm speaking more from the standpoint of the typical hip-hop fan just being close minded to certain artists or trains of thought due to their immaturity.

Think about all the people that bash on someone like a Kanye West or a Tech N9ne without giving them a proper chance. Both have their flaws (Kanye isn't necessarily a genius when it comes to rapping and Tech N9ne goes overboard, sacrificing making sense at times) but that's not to say both of them make bad music, they are both talented artists in their own right and have proved that they are more than capable of making good music, and if it's not your preference, you should be able to acknowledge that they are good at what they do instead of saying they suck.

But you have fans with retarded predispositions that cause them to automatically bash on something... that's what I mean by immaturity. Fans of other genres tend to give things a chance and give credit where it's due.

But next to mainstream pop music, hip-hop probably has the youngest audience.... so there you have it.

:b:
Im not sure I entirely agree that Hip-Hop has the most immature audience, but in certain aspects it definitely does. But I pretty much agree with what youre saying. :y:
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Francesco » Sep 17th, '14, 12:07

It's pretty good & it's one of my fave ones outta the leaked one as well. I like it when Em name drops celebrities.

I love the way he delivers this bit...

You faggots wanna 'rassle?
I shove a fucking jar of Vaseline up inside your asshole
And rope it shut with a lasso
Couple of crushed Lexapro broken up with the capsule or paxil
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Mr Evil » Sep 17th, '14, 12:24

Some genius lines
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 17th, '14, 12:29

I noticed there's like 2 different versions of the song... The version on EPIC and the leaked version sound different, like, there's more instruments on the leaked version.

Has anyone noticed that?
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Raul » Sep 17th, '14, 12:52

Francesco wrote:I love the way he delivers this bit...

You faggots wanna 'rassle?
I shove a fucking jar of Vaseline up inside your asshole
And rope it shut with a lasso
Couple of crushed Lexapro broken up with the capsule or paxil

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews