The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Ricky Ticky Tock

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Ricky Ticky Tock

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Oct 4th, '14, 02:40

I like it... Anyone else?
Jump around.

TES>MMLP, Encore>Recovery, MMLP2>SSLP, Relapse>All
AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Ricky Ticky Tock

Postby Atone » Oct 4th, '14, 04:49

Amazing thread, 5 stars, you deserve a trophy for such a well worded thread, outstanding performance, i wish i could be just like you

but yeah, song is cool, not my fav from Encore, but it's a good listen
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Josh » Oct 4th, '14, 04:55

the only Bonus song that ain't a 10/10 Song

in comparison to the rest of Encore its very good tho
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Oct 4th, '14, 05:07

joshimura wrote:the only Bonus song that ain't a 10/10 Song

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 4th, '14, 05:12

Is this a review? Dam 10/10
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Oct 4th, '14, 14:49

Here's my review guys:

This, the third of the bonus tracks for Eminem's Encore album, is an overlooked CLASSIC. His most lyrical, with his most captivating flow? Perhaps not, but there are almost no songs in Eminem's discography (or anyone else's for that matter) that sound quite like it, or evoke the same emotions. It is built masterfully in the way a freestyle might be, with no breaks for a chorus, only "straight spittin" for two-and-a-half minutes, yet the subject matter is like that of a normal Eminem track, with references to many of his thoughts and feelings about the rap game or his own life woven in. For the most part, Eminem's freestyles, even the CLASSIC ones, rely heavily on bars upon bars upon bras, most of them with little true meaning. Some may argue that Rabbit Run, a CLASSIC in itself, actually sounds fairly similar to this song, (similar structure, serious topics), but there are distinct differences. Rabbit Run, as "real" as it is, is spoken from the perspective of a fictional character, whereas Ricky Ticky Toc feels as if it should have much more impact, as it is an unrestricted look into the mindset of an actual person. Truthfully, Rabbit Run may represent the thought process of an earlier, but very real, Eminem, but the fact that it was released so long after Eminem's thought process truly was how it was portrayed in the song takes away from some believability. Long story short, Ricky Ticky Toc has an advantage over Rabbit Run because it is, without doubt, coming from the mouth of Eminem, not a fictional character. The only other song that has some similarity is Monkey See Monkey Do. Yes, it is a song very like Ricky Ticky Toc, but rhymes and delivery of the latter, while not perfect, are still a league above those of the former. No other tracks, with all of Eminem's work considered, come close to sounding like Ricky Ticky Toc. As an aside, the instrumental, simplistic but effective, helps to perfectly capture the "I can do this all day" tone that Eminem was surely shooting for with such a song. This tone is also achieved through Eminem's seamless transitions between the various topics throughout; he clearly can keep a song going for as long as he chooses, and can keep a cohesive sound whether there is one included topic or ten. All of this allows listeners of Ricky Ticky Toc to feel beautifully arrogant and empowered. It is truly a wonderful song, and some may even consider it a CLASSIC.
Jump around.

TES>MMLP, Encore>Recovery, MMLP2>SSLP, Relapse>All
AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby csw621 » Oct 4th, '14, 15:51

This song definitely stood out to me when I first heard encore.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Oct 4th, '14, 20:36

Egh, lame track, tbh. The weakest of the Encore bonus songs.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Crazee » Oct 4th, '14, 21:06

I always thought it sounded like the Invasion "freestyles"...stylistically and lyrically, it's comparable to Invasion 2 and 3. It just got repackaged as an album song.
Crazee
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr Change » Oct 5th, '14, 01:07

This song sucks
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Music_box » Oct 5th, '14, 05:12

Mr Change wrote:This song sucks

Just like any song from encore
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 5th, '14, 05:45

AAAAAAAAAAND wrote:Here's my review guys:

This, the third of the bonus tracks for Eminem's Encore album, is an overlooked CLASSIC. His most lyrical, with his most captivating flow? Perhaps not, but there are almost no songs in Eminem's discography (or anyone else's for that matter) that sound quite like it, or evoke the same emotions. It is built masterfully in the way a freestyle might be, with no breaks for a chorus, only "straight spittin" for two-and-a-half minutes, yet the subject matter is like that of a normal Eminem track, with references to many of his thoughts and feelings about the rap game or his own life woven in. For the most part, Eminem's freestyles, even the CLASSIC ones, rely heavily on bars upon bars upon bras, most of them with little true meaning. Some may argue that Rabbit Run, a CLASSIC in itself, actually sounds fairly similar to this song, (similar structure, serious topics), but there are distinct differences. Rabbit Run, as "real" as it is, is spoken from the perspective of a fictional character, whereas Ricky Ticky Toc feels as if it should have much more impact, as it is an unrestricted look into the mindset of an actual person. Truthfully, Rabbit Run may represent the thought process of an earlier, but very real, Eminem, but the fact that it was released so long after Eminem's thought process truly was how it was portrayed in the song takes away from some believability. Long story short, Ricky Ticky Toc has an advantage over Rabbit Run because it is, without doubt, coming from the mouth of Eminem, not a fictional character. The only other song that has some similarity is Monkey See Monkey Do. Yes, it is a song very like Ricky Ticky Toc, but rhymes and delivery of the latter, while not perfect, are still a league above those of the former. No other tracks, with all of Eminem's work considered, come close to sounding like Ricky Ticky Toc. As an aside, the instrumental, simplistic but effective, helps to perfectly capture the "I can do this all day" tone that Eminem was surely shooting for with such a song. This tone is also achieved through Eminem's seamless transitions between the various topics throughout; he clearly can keep a song going for as long as he chooses, and can keep a cohesive sound whether there is one included topic or ten. All of this allows listeners of Ricky Ticky Toc to feel beautifully arrogant and empowered. It is truly a wonderful song, and some may even consider it a CLASSIC.

review 7/10 song 0/10
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Change » Oct 5th, '14, 05:46

Music_box wrote:

tbh
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 5th, '14, 05:46

Mr Change wrote:
Music_box wrote:

tbh

dam