The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Renegades Royce version vs. Jay-Z version

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Which one is better?

Original version with Royce >>>
58%
The version with Jay-Z is better
42%

Total votes : 33

Re: Renegades Royce version vs. Jay-Z version

Postby watevermannnn » Jan 26th, '10, 08:52

EminemBase wrote:Well the 2nd version sounds better simply because it was a finished product.

But Royce's verses shit on Jay's no doubt. Royce is a much better lyricist. Better flow too.

All Royce did was emulate a flow that Em already did, but some how made it less polished. Nothing he said was note-worthy in the track, in fact, I think he ruined the track. He came off sounding like a kiss-ass to Em.

"Talk about his mom, he won't even give you the finger" :coffee:

I don't understand dudes like Royce. They got good delivery, voice, and flow. But they have no fuckin' creative direction in their music. It was just more Royce verses. So what? They're all forgettable. How in almost 15 years into the game, this dude could not put out a decent album?

Also, Jay went hard as hell on this track. He had a lot of multi-rhymes and was wayyyy more meaningful than Royce. And please don't give the argument that Em murdered him. Name an MC that could outshine Em on this track. Probably none. I hate Nas for even bringing that shit up in Ether. What was the point? Getting out shined by Em on a track is like saying Em is wack or something. I don't get it? :shakehead:

"I drove by the fork in the road and went straight"
"Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it" :worship:

Anyone who likes the Royce version more than the Jay version is a stan. I don't care how ignorant that sounds, fuck it. Royce version was unfinished too, the beat was horrible.

I don't understand that mentality where if you're underground, you're more appreciated. If Jay was a underground dude, would people be more appreciative? It's like saying AZ is better than Nas. OKAY, we get it, AZ ain't as famous, but people still think it's cool to favor the less famous.
watevermannnn
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews