The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Stimulate

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

Re: Stimulate

Postby BabyBLue91 » Jan 21st, '10, 15:34

Love this song, love the beat, love the lyrics.. it has a different feel that I've never heard before.. cant really explain but for some reason it still gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
BabyBLue91
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Jan 21st, '10, 15:59

Amazing song, I'm not sure it should of made The Eminem Show though...

Not because it's not good enough but it feels very spacey and... Just wouldn't fit I don't think. Every song on The Eminem Show fits to me, the whole album is complete and coherent... I think it would stick out.

But man just think, if songs like that aren't making it, that amazing... Just imagine all the other shit we haven't heard. I mean "Till Hell Freezes" over got left off SSLP... wtf.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby AbramIsaac » Jan 21st, '10, 16:09

I wish Em did a whole concept album of spacey shit like Stimulate, as it's one of his best songs imo.

The lyrics, beat, chorus, all of it...so strange, and creative. That's what I'd like to hear, but I know that it's not in the cards. It's ok though, Relapse was a nice creative concept album, and I believe R2 will be awesome. So...I'll just have to try and not kill myself to end the thoughts of a "Stimulate"-like album. :(
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jan 21st, '10, 16:45

AbramIsaac wrote:I wish Em did a whole concept album of spacey shit like Stimulate, as it's one of his best songs imo.

The lyrics, beat, chorus, all of it...so strange, and creative. That's what I'd like to hear, but I know that it's not in the cards. It's ok though, Relapse was a nice creative concept album, and I believe R2 will be awesome. So...I'll just have to try and not kill myself to end the thoughts of a "Stimulate"-like album. :(

It actually is pretty likely. I don't know about spacey shit but... Just Blaze and Mr.Porter production.

And he's trying to make classic songs you can play over and over as apposed to hear once and the jokes over. So we're likely to get very substantial songs like this as apposed to random psycho shit.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby AliJack » Jan 21st, '10, 16:47

EminemBase wrote:
AbramIsaac wrote:I wish Em did a whole concept album of spacey shit like Stimulate, as it's one of his best songs imo.

It actually is pretty likely. I don't know about spacey shit but... Just Blaze and Mr.Porter production.

And he's trying to make classic songs you can play over and over as apposed to hear once and the jokes over. So we're likely to get very substantial songs like this as apposed to random psycho shit.

in one post you love it, the next you dont..?
AliJack
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Jan 21st, '10, 17:08

AliJack wrote:
EminemBase wrote:

in one post you love it, the next you dont..?

Could you point out where I said I disliked it...

I said we're like to get substantial songs like "Stimulate" as apposed to psycho shit.

I said psycho shit meaning, psycho music. Shit being used in the general sense as in "check out this shit" not in a detrimental sense.

I called it random psycho shit... That's what it is. That doesn't indicate an insult to it, just calling a spade a spade. I do love it.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby AliJack » Jan 21st, '10, 17:11

shit usually designates a negative connotation. to normal people. :flower:
AliJack
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Alaine » Jan 21st, '10, 17:25

deff one of my favorites, I wish we could have some MMLP or TES re-release with additional songs instead of a re-release of Relapse :shakehead:
Alaine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » Jan 21st, '10, 17:30

AliJack wrote:shit usually designates a negative connotation. to normal people. :flower:

Not really. Depends what context.

If I said "Instead of that shit from Relapse". That would of looked very negative.

But when I said "random psycho shit". The fact I said shit after psycho and random before psycho.. That would denote the general sense of the word ie. check out this shit. Anybody with a brain anyway.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby dR3 » Jan 21st, '10, 18:50

My lyrical content is constantly under fire
No wonder why I constantly bomb back
To combat attacks with constant concepts
From lyrics constantly took out of context

What else can I say? Masterpiece... :worship:
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby KillahBee » Jan 21st, '10, 20:31

Fuckin' classic track! Has a real stoner feel to it :smoking:
One of my all time favorite songs :worship:
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Sh.., Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, see Malcolm
You see Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome
See Jesus, see Judas; see Caesar, see Brutus
See success is like suicide
Suicide, it's a suicide
If you succeed, prepare to be crucified
[/i
- Jay-Z

I'm on my balcony, seeing through the eyes of Tony
KillahBee
Renegade
Renegade

Postby UofLCard » Jan 22nd, '10, 07:26

I'm saddened how underrated Stimulate is.

Feeling good when I should be ashamed
Sh*t, I really should've fell but I stood
See I came like a flame in the night
Like a ghost in the dark; there's a ray, there's a light
There's a hope, there's a spark

I love that part^^

dR.dR3 wrote:
DerdyPK wrote:I'm pretty sure.....
but "Stimulate" still shoulda been on there
instead of ending up on a single cd & a bonus disc with the 8 Mile soundtrack :shakehead:

It should've replaced Drips, I fuckin' hate that song :shakehead:

Agreed. My least favorite song on TES.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Previous

Return to Shady Reviews