The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

When I'm Gone

Here you can review anything related to Slim Shady

When I'm Gone

Postby dR3 » Mar 25th, '10, 14:28

I want to hear (well read) your opinions on this song.

I think it's got a good concept, his delivery is really emotional and when I first heard it, it gave me goosebumps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYNFfgrXTI
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Re: When I'm Gone

Postby Alaine » Mar 25th, '10, 15:18

yeah I still feel emo sometimes when I heard it these days. The video definitely fit. One of the first .songs that get me to know Em, I thought it was his real daughter when I first saw the video lol
Alaine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby embm » Mar 25th, '10, 15:29

gr8 emotional shit :worship:
gets me evry time
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Shadysapathy » Mar 25th, '10, 16:14

great sad song :y:
Shadysapathy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wic Kid » Mar 25th, '10, 16:19

One of the most emotional songs he has ever done. Not too lyricly challenging, nor it should be. It would have just ruined the greatness of it. Which is exactly what happened with Deja Vu IMO.

Overall, a marvelous track.

"With great power comes absolutely no responsibility."
Wic Kid
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby hype » Mar 25th, '10, 16:28

i love it when he sings the chorus in this black space, nothing else there, just him. :y: it created a good effect i think, as if he wasn't on earth.

really good video though, has always been one of my favourites.
hype
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MikeNUFC » Mar 25th, '10, 17:23

Nice and emotional but it bores me. After about 6 listens everything about it just bored me. I hate the beat, dont mind the chorus but it's just FAR too cliche for my liking. Thats what I didnt like about Beautiful - cliche songs do not suit Em whatsoever - there just embarrasing for me.

Wic - I agree that it doesnt need to be too lyrical on a song like this but I don't think Deja Vu is bad becuase it's lyrically. To me, it's not that emotional or self pitying unlike WIG and Beautiful and being lyrical makes it way better than it already is.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wic Kid » Mar 25th, '10, 17:32

MikeNufc wrote:Wic - I agree that it doesnt need to be too lyrical on a song like this but I don't think Deja Vu is bad becuase it's lyrically. To me, it's not that emotional or self pitying unlike WIG and Beautiful and being lyrical makes it way better than it already is.

Different tastes, I guess. Dont get me wrong, I still think that Deja Vu is, along with Stay Wide Awake, lyrical peak of Relapse. I just dont feel that much emotion in it (except in the chorus), which I assume was the main goal of this song. It's like...its true purpose kinda got lost in all that complexity, in a lyrical sense. But thats just me.

Wic Kid
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby MikeNUFC » Mar 25th, '10, 17:33

Wic Kid wrote:
MikeNufc wrote:Wic - I agree that it doesnt need to be too lyrical on a song like this but I don't think Deja Vu is bad becuase it's lyrically. To me, it's not that emotional or self pitying unlike WIG and Beautiful and being lyrical makes it way better than it already is.

Different tastes, I guess. Dont get me wrong, I still think that Deja Vu is, along with Stay Wide Awake, lyrical peak of Relapse. I just dont feel that much emotion in it (except in the chorus), which I assume was the main goal of this song. It's like...its true purpose kinda got lost in all that complexity, in a lyrical sense. But thats just me.

I see what you mean. I think the lack of emotional delivery was on purpose to show how down and fucked up he was at the time.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Wic Kid » Mar 25th, '10, 17:36

MikeNufc wrote:
Wic Kid wrote:

I see what you mean. I think the lack of emotional delivery was on purpose to show how down and fucked up he was at the time.

Well, Mike...that actually makes a lot of sense...

Wic Kid
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby GoodGirlsGetGutted » Mar 25th, '10, 18:44

Oy, it's a masterpiece.
It probably conjures the most vivid imagery out of everything I've heard from him.
Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
-Matthew 7:12

-Chaos zawladnal światem po raz kolejny-
GoodGirlsGetGutted
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Pllumi » Mar 26th, '10, 13:08

he puts in that song his emotions with a great delivery, love it :worship:
Pllumi
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Olorin » Mar 26th, '10, 17:22

that's a great song, he just lets his emotions go lol. he had a nice concept, a vid that perfectly fits the song. great sad song by em
Olorin
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Banks » Mar 26th, '10, 17:41

Lyrics and beat perfect, the way he pronounces each word is really good!
Banks
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Norway kills » Mar 26th, '10, 22:37

What I hate about the song, is that he is like "I have to leave the game - my family needs me", but the real reason for leaving was that he was fucked up on drugs...
Norway, blah, blah, murder, blah, blah, blood.

RUH! RUH! LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON! :<
Norway kills
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Reviews