The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Check my Paper please

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Check my Paper please

Postby Willy » Mar 22nd, '11, 03:50

so, I had to take a time management survey, and write a paper on my results.....i am not the best writer, but I try to always put a little bit of me in whatever i write, makes boring assignments enjoyable. anyways, would be really great if you could criticize the paper, help a brother out :y:

William xxxxxxxxxxx
H263

Honestly, I knew before I took this that I was going to get a terrible score, that accurately reflected my lifestyle. I am the biggest procrastinator in the universe. I open books but never read them, I grab pencils to throw them, and spend many late nights using my homework time to play video games. My life is one distraction to another, and I enjoy it, but it does interfere with me achieving my potential, as far as grades go.

So I took the survey, and surprisingly did a lot better than I thought, scoring well into the double digits with a 59. Basically I did poorly in every area, with “Goal Setting” leading the pack with a nine out of 20. Obviously, there is a ton of room for improvement, and a big step in the right direction for me would be to fix my sleeping habits. The last three nights my friend and I have played Halo so much we were awake when the birds started chirping. One night we topped the bird chirping madness by staying up until Wright reopened at seven for breakfast. This causes me to oversleep my whole day away, miss my classes, and fall behind in the race for success. I do not want to keep falling behind in the race for success. So, an immediate remedy to this is simple: go to sleep earlier.

By going to sleep earlier, I will be able to maximize my output. I will have more time to do homework, hang out with friends, exercise, and other important things. This one fix will be a catalyst for improving my life as a whole, for I will have more time for productive use. Now it simply comes down to using my time productively. Sadly, this is also a huge problem for me, that stems from my years in high school. My high school did not push me to work hard at anything, yet I received top grades. So, the only thing I learned how to do really well is not work hard. I am good at that, and carried the skill over to college. First semester went much like my high school, smooth sailing. Second semester I find myself dodging icebergs. Classes are getting harder, motivation is dwindling, and work is piling up.

In order to combat the increasing workload, I need to conquer my issues with procrastination, schedule my time wisely, manage my interruptions, plan my work, put important things first, and set goals. Might as well give me a dull sword and ask me to kill a fire-breathing dragon with spiked, metal plating covering every inch of the fiery beast’s body. There is no way I can change my lifestyle. It is far too much an integral part of my existence. I thrive on being nocturnal. Some of my best work occurs when I am on the edge of insanity battling due dates and exhaustion. My proudest moments are under the moon’s watch, with controller in hand, and I’m certainly not going to let a survey slow the free-fall to my untimely demise.

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Check my Paper please

Postby FreeSpeech » Mar 22nd, '11, 04:50

Red=delete Black=Add

I only got like halfway through, but hope this helps. If you're in high school, you're a pretty good writer. Way better than a lot of people I know in college...

Honestly, I knew expected before I took this that I was going to get a terrible score, that accurately reflected my lifestyle. I am the biggest procrastinator in the universe. I open books but never read them, I grab pencils solely to throw them, and spend many a late nights using my homework time to play indulge in video games. My life is consists of one distraction to after another, and I enjoy it, but it does interfere with me achieving my potential, as far as grades go.

So I took the survey, and surprisingly did a lot better than I thought predicted, scoring well into the double digits with a 59. Basically However, I still did relatively poorly in every area, with “Goal Setting” leading the pack with finishing dead last at a nine out of 20. Obviously, there is a ton of room for improvement, and a big step in the right direction for me would be to fix my sleeping habits. The last three nights my friend and I have played Halo so much we were awake when the birds started chirping. One night we topped the bird chirping madness by staying up until Wright reopened at seven for breakfast. This causes me to oversleep my whole day away, thus missing my classes, and falling behind in the race for success. I do not want to keep falling behind in the race for success. So, an immediate remedy to this is simple: continue on this productive-less path, and the first step is fairly obvious: go to sleep earlier.

By going to sleep earlier, I will be able to maximize my output. I will have more time to do homework, hang out with friends, exercise, and other important things. This one fix will be a catalyst for improving my life as a whole, for I will have more time for productive use. Now it simply comes down to using my time productively. Sadly, this is also a huge problem for me, that stems from my years in high school. My high school did not push me to work hard at anything, yet I received top grades. So, the only thing I learned how to do really well is not work hard. I am good at that, and carried the skill over to college. First semester went much like my high school, smooth sailing. Second semester I find myself dodging icebergs. Classes are getting harder, motivation is dwindling, and work is piling up.

In order to combat the increasing workload, I need to conquer my issues with procrastination, schedule my time wisely, manage my interruptions, plan my work, put important things first, and set goals. Might as well give me a dull sword and ask me to kill a fire-breathing dragon with spiked, metal plating covering every inch of the fiery beast’s body. There is no way I can change my lifestyle. It is far too much an integral part of my existence. I thrive on being nocturnal. Some of my best work occurs when I am on the edge of insanity battling due dates and exhaustion. My proudest moments are under the moon’s watch, with controller in hand, and I’m certainly not going to let a survey slow the free-fall to my untimely demise.
#TRYeezus
FreeSpeech
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Check my Paper please

Postby Willy » Mar 22nd, '11, 06:35

Hey I appreciate it, and actually freshman in college. This is for one of my health classes where I just wanted to write down my thoughts rather than worry too much about grammar, but I will most definitely change what you marked.

Thanks

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Return to College Crib