The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Audio Engineering

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Audio Engineering

Postby Nick419 » Apr 27th, '12, 04:35

I currently am a student at Specs Howard School of Media Arts in Southfield Michigan which is a suburb of Detroit (my school is actually on 9 mile lol) and I am majoring in Radio Broadcasting. However it is a one year course and I am only receiving a certificate of completion (so it is a trade school in a sense). Due to my young age (19) I would like to continue my education and receive a degree. I am currently highly interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Audio Engineering Technology as it ties into my current major and follows the career path i wish to pursue (plus i can transfer my credits for degrees such as this). So i was curious to see if anyone on here has any opinions and/or experience in this field. I have been doing some research on the web and it's kind of vague on information. I've found sites that say that the average salary is 88 grand or more a year and the job outlook is high and is continually growing. Than I've seen sites that say the pay is around 30 g's and the market is terrible. I realize passion/ambition has a lot to do with any media related career but I'm not concerned with that as I wouldn't of gone to a media arts school in the first place if i didn't have it.
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Re: Audio Engineering

Postby Spyder » Apr 27th, '12, 05:13

no experience in this beyond cool edit lol
so i cant help your decision.

but i feel atleast IMO, this serves better as a hobby u can no the highlights of in order to mix your own music.
ive taken telecommunications and that shit was the driest most boring subject on the planet.

alot of sine and cosine and all that
so its gonna be a tough career anyway
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Nick419 » Apr 27th, '12, 05:19

Well I currently have an audio production class and we have to use audio boards and Adobe Audition and its my favorite thing i do at school which is why i was looking into it
RIP Big proof~Broken hearted, my soul's like a open target
And I'm ready to leave Earth
You step to my death next year on my T-shirt
Nick419
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Spyder » Apr 27th, '12, 06:07

ya man who knows ya might like it

but u have to learn the tedious little things that u prob wont use lol

hope it works for ya
ImageImageImage
Spyder
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Ticalrecords » Apr 27th, '12, 15:44

yea i've heard the pay is low thats cuz you gotta be somebody's apprentice for a while. if you can get good enough to have apprentices then yea your making six figures. idk tho lol
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Apr 27th, '12, 17:50

This is my back-up if journalism doesn't work out for me. It sounds good to me, so if you feel like it's something you should do, go for it.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Return to College Crib