The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Science and Medicine

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Science and Medicine

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » May 30th, '12, 20:16

Is anybody here into/studying something concerning Science (mainly thinking of Biology, Chemistry, Physics) or Medicine (including technician, physiotherapists, veterinary medicine)?
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Science and Medicine

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » May 31st, '12, 19:21

Cool. Did I get that right? You have your Master and are now working for your doctor title? How many years did you have to work for it?
When I was in kindergarten I wanted to become a pharmacist :)

Anyway, I'm (hopefully) going to graduate next year as Veterinarian, so as interesting as Biomedical Engineering is, I've already decided. I just wanted to see if there is anyone else here interested in science and medicine.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jun 2nd, '12, 20:14

I noticed when I read the other thread. Freshman year is always tough, I promise that you'll enjoy what's coming after that more. You finally see more of the actual subject you chose and start connect the things you've learned in your first year.
What's your favorite subject so far?
Last edited by JustEnjoytheMusic on Jun 3rd, '12, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby JustEnjoytheMusic » Jun 2nd, '12, 20:26

Revolutionary wrote:Probably Physiology or Anatomy, Histo has been a pain in the ass to be honest with you.

Histology only gets interesting once you have Pathology. I didn't get into Histology before my second and third year, but then it really got to me. Once you learn the basic abnormalities and you are able to differ healthy from pathological tissue, then it's another world.
It gets really cool once you can recognize a tissue simply from looking at it... As I work with different kinds of animal species that isn't always as easy as you'd think. I once participated a course where you only got the name of the species and an object slide with tissue and you had to recognize tissue and what was wrong with it... Difficult but extremely fascinating.

Anatomy is interesting, I just always forget innervation and all those muscles. Do you learn only the anatomy of humans, by the way?

My problems with physiology I've already stated. It's a fascinating subject, especially when it comes to specie-specific differences, but I'm telling you that learning those potassium channels was a nightmare.
JustEnjoytheMusic
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby SliK » Mar 12th, '14, 09:10

Psychology is pretty interesting.
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby slims » Mar 12th, '14, 10:28

I'm majoring in biology and i'm taking my first bio class. It's kicking my butt.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TranSlucEnt » Aug 26th, '14, 05:50

Health Information Technology :y:
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier