The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

College Freshman ~ Making Friends

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

College Freshman ~ Making Friends

Postby metsfan1121 » Nov 8th, '14, 06:24

Alright this is a pretty lame thread but you guys are actually intelligent once in awhile so I figured why the hell not. I started college this past September and would like some advice on the best ways to make friends, because as I spend my friday night browsing TR I think being a little more social would be a good idea. It's not like I don't have any friends, but the ones I have all commute while I dorm there, so after class unless they stay with me to chill, I'm alone. In my dorm building I have sorta friends who I say hi too and eat meals with now and then in my building but that's about it. For what it's worth, I don't really like parties, and I don't drink or do drugs so that's out of the question. That's about it... Tips?
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: College Freshman ~ Making Friends

Postby Solace » Nov 8th, '14, 16:13

Do you talk to people in class? Talk to people in class. And join clubs, maybe do some around campus volunteering.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby TonyTilt » Nov 8th, '14, 16:25

You should honestly try drinking though.
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Nov 8th, '14, 17:43

bigray wrote:
TonyTilt wrote:You should honestly try drinking though.

Ya and smoke.

My man :shifty:
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby TonyTilt » Nov 8th, '14, 17:46

I download my books, and study in my apartment!

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby metsfan1121 » Nov 9th, '14, 07:09

First off, thank you guys for giving honest opinions and not being obnoxious trolls like 99% of the internet. I'll try to address everyone's comments (this forum needs multi quote badly)

@ True Wiz - The main reason that I don't like parties is that I don't do drugs/drink. Also, being that I don't have friends that party, I'd be "that guy" that goes to a party alone.

@ Revolutionary - Meeting people in class has been my best method so far, that's how I know the few friends that I do have. I'm pretty big into sports so maybe I'll try finding someone into that too. My personality, to me at least, is the best that it's ever been if that makes sense. People generally seem to like me, but not enough to invite to things I guess? I see them around and say hi and eat meals with them though. I'm not awkwardly shy like I used to be, I'm a pretty funny dude at times, and I'm super polite if that counts for anything.

@ Solace - Class is great but it's all the same people, who I'm pretty much friends with, because my major is tiny. I'm in a few clubs and talk to people at them but never outside the clubs.

@ Tony Tilt & Bigray - I'll have a beer or a shot on occasion but I never really have the desire to get past one or two drinks. And as far as smoking/drugs, I have a medical condition that makes it pretty dangerous so I'd rather not even try.

@ Calandre - I feel like making friends in the library would be tough because it's so quiet. And I'd feel rude starting a conversation with somebody if they're reading/studying.
metsfan1121
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Mr.DGAF » Nov 14th, '14, 03:59

partying definitely isn't the only choice. talk to people in class. if you live in a dorm, talk to your suitemates. go to the gym, join clubs, attend school oriented programs, etc.

a lot of people are the same way you are man, just gotta make an attempt. once you make a few friends the list'll grow by association alone.

also I think the drinking thing will end up changing haha.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Return to College Crib