The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

*Talk about your job thread...

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Re: *Talk about your job thread...

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jan 29th, '10, 01:18

^its ok sophie, we cane do nothing together :happy:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Mr. Chambers » Feb 3rd, '10, 22:29

i work in a restraunt as a dish boy.....
ahem

i work with a 40 something year old guy who owns an older mustang and spends most of the night making fun of the other co-workers that we work with..
i work with 2 high skool drop outs...one quit becuz he had fines to pay...and couldn't go to skool and work full time..so..he quit skool
the other...well..just quit becuz he didn't like it..and he is easily the slowest worker in the world
3 high skool students.....1 is cool....oen is the 2nd slowest worker of all time...and the other one..ironically (excuse the racism and stereotyping) is an american born mexican...who doesn't do shit.......
and a kid who has the worst temper i have ever seen..i mean anytime a rack of dishes come out the machine he goes crazy....
the waitresses are bitchy...stupid...and rude
the cooks sit around and crack jokes all day and fuck up on food.....the owner is a cheap douche....the owners wife is a bitch....none of the managers/supervisors seem to like me
and not to mention...we had a kid who got whiplash...yes...whiplash...for 6 months...yes 6 months and got to do the easiest job...not to mention he would call off of work 5 minutes b4 his shift started during this 6 months...and JUST CUZ HE WAS THERE LONGER THEN ME....got the promotion.....

and i usually spend 4-5 days in a row in an all silver room thats hot and boring with 2-3 other guys washing dishes.....

so much WIN!
Mr. Chambers
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Yah-hah » Feb 7th, '10, 22:29

Damn that sucks homie
you job FTW

"Red hand I use to reach deep in my dark quiver,
Arrow so big the fuckin bones in ya arm splinter
Fuckin crazy I'll stick my hand throgh ya hearts center,
With sharp scissors the words Native Pride gets carved in her,
"-Yah-hah

Trimss wrote:Your dog is cute, your tattoo fucking rocks, you can fight and your baby have a big dick.
Your life is cool bro lol :y:

Nundea Mekeze comin soon May 4th
Yah-hah
Renegade
Renegade

Postby dR3 » Feb 11th, '10, 20:44

chambers wrote:i work in a restraunt as a dish boy.....
ahem

i work with a 40 something year old guy who owns an older mustang and spends most of the night making fun of the other co-workers that we work with..
i work with 2 high skool drop outs...one quit becuz he had fines to pay...and couldn't go to skool and work full time..so..he quit skool
the other...well..just quit becuz he didn't like it..and he is easily the slowest worker in the world
3 high skool students.....1 is cool....oen is the 2nd slowest worker of all time...and the other one..ironically (excuse the racism and stereotyping) is an american born mexican...who doesn't do shit.......
and a kid who has the worst temper i have ever seen..i mean anytime a rack of dishes come out the machine he goes crazy....
the waitresses are bitchy...stupid...and rude
the cooks sit around and crack jokes all day and fuck up on food.....the owner is a cheap douche....the owners wife is a bitch....none of the managers/supervisors seem to like me
and not to mention...we had a kid who got whiplash...yes...whiplash...for 6 months...yes 6 months and got to do the easiest job...not to mention he would call off of work 5 minutes b4 his shift started during this 6 months...and JUST CUZ HE WAS THERE LONGER THEN ME....got the promotion.....

and i usually spend 4-5 days in a row in an all silver room thats hot and boring with 2-3 other guys washing dishes.....

How much do you earn, is it worth it? :'(
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby GoodGirlsGetGutted » Feb 14th, '10, 11:44

I'm unemployed in the winter. As soon as Mr. Sun melts the snow off the roofs, I'll be right back up on 'em, doing what I do best.
Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
-Matthew 7:12

-Chaos zawladnal światem po raz kolejny-
GoodGirlsGetGutted
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ShaBruv » Feb 16th, '10, 16:08

lol im only 16 i work in an italian resturant which is good cuz ya get a free meal at the end of each shift
I know you want to retaliate but you won't dare,
Cause you fuckin with some ****** like this who just don't care.

Props to Satire
ShaBruv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BabyBLue91 » Feb 16th, '10, 21:26

I'm a receptionist, I get soo annoyed of my job though because of my boss.. doctors suck! but I learn to deal with it for as long as I can
BabyBLue91
Soldier
Soldier

Postby gutawafang » Feb 25th, '10, 06:53

TruEmFan wrote:I work in an office. I sometimes deal with uploading content to our website, filing, mailing, FaceBooking, doing other random shit on the computer...

Pay is fuckin' good though, and my boss and supervisor are pretty nice too. :)

Nice to hear that, really. :b:
ADD ME ON PS4: gutawafang
Currently playing: Destiny
TR Rap Battle Record: 23-8
gutawafang
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Emadyville » Jul 8th, '10, 12:33

I started my new job 2 days ago, and I absolutely hate it, and against my nature I might actually just quit today because I cannot stand it that much :'(
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Flamez » Jul 16th, '10, 21:57

training to be a Corrections officer..might work there for a year or two before jumping into the Marines
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby WakeUpShow » Aug 8th, '10, 05:13

I'm 14 and i cut lawns :wave:
i only worked 3 hours today and made 112 big ones
WakeUpShow
Role Model
Role Model

Postby fopower » Aug 24th, '10, 21:17

Well now I feel spoiled because I don't have a job...

The last (and first) job I had was last summer when I was working in Neuroscience lab at University. It was actually pretty cool. We were studying the effects of cocaine on the brain and I was helping out in an experiment that would examine the correlation between cocaine use and anxiety. So I would go up to the animal facility everyday and inject either a placebo or a cocaine solution in to the abdomen of white lab rats. It was a bit intimidating at first because the rats were pretty frickin huge, and most of them became pretty agitated and agressive after the first few weeks of being repeatedly handled and injected with cocaine.

We tested their anxiety levels by comparing the level of anxiety rats had before a cocaine history and after a cocaine history , as well as comparing them to the placebo cases. Oh, and the anxiety levels were tested by observing them on 'plus mazes' and 'light-dark boxes' in dark rooms.

There's more but I don't want to bore you...
"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike" ~Albus Dumbledore
fopower
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mcZu » Aug 24th, '10, 21:23

fopower wrote:Well now I feel spoiled because I don't have a job...

The last (and first) job I had was last summer when I was working in Neuroscience lab at University. It was actually pretty cool. We were studying the effects of cocaine on the brain and I was helping out in an experiment that would examine the correlation between cocaine use and anxiety. So I would go up to the animal facility everyday and inject either a placebo or a cocaine solution in to the abdomen of white lab rats. It was a bit intimidating at first because the rats were pretty frickin huge, and most of them became pretty agitated and agressive after the first few weeks of being repeatedly handled and injected with cocaine.

We tested their anxiety levels by comparing the level of anxiety rats had before a cocaine history and after a cocaine history , as well as comparing them to the placebo cases. Oh, and the anxiety levels were tested by observing them on 'plus mazes' and 'light-dark boxes' in dark rooms.

That's pretty interesting. I wish I had the opportunity to work in such a lab.
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby fopower » Aug 24th, '10, 22:58

mcZu wrote:

Thanks. Sometimes it felt a little demanding, like when a rat would jump out of my hand and I would have to chase it around the room and catch it by the tail from under the shelves, or when I would have to test 5 batches of rats in a row, only taking breaks to refill the syringes. But, it was certainly a unique experience.

I think the hardest thing for me to do was when I had to remove the brains of a couple of rats. It was supposed to be a practice session, since I was supposed to de-brain the used rats after the experiments. However, when the grad student that was training me saw the expression on my face as I was peeling away the skull from the brain of a rat I had decapitated, he took pity on me and didn't ask me to de-brain anymore :sweating:
"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike" ~Albus Dumbledore
fopower
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mcZu » Aug 24th, '10, 23:07

fopower wrote:
mcZu wrote:

Thanks. Sometimes it felt a little demanding, like when a rat would jump out of my hand and I would have to chase it around the room and catch it by the tail from under the shelves, or when I would have to test 5 batches of rats in a row, only taking breaks to refill the syringes. But, it was certainly a unique experience.

I think the hardest thing for me to do was when I had to remove the brains of a couple of rats. It was supposed to be a practice session, since I was supposed to de-brain the used rats after the experiments. However, when the grad student that was training me saw the expression on my face as I was peeling away the skull from the brain of a rat I had decapitated, he took pity on me and didn't ask me to de-brain anymore :sweating:

Haha, at least you had a good experience. I don't know if I can decapitate an animal, hehe. Depends on the situation, I guess. So you're studying medicine, I presume?
"Truth is limitless in its range; if you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt."
- Lupe Fiasco

Follow Me!

McZu's Blog!
mcZu
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to College Crib