The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The way the teachers grade.

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

The way the teachers grade.

Postby Raquel » Jan 24th, '10, 21:31

Ayte let's discuss it.
How do you think they should grade. Like what they should care more about.

IMO, they should care more about the knowledge than the behaviour and the homework.

Last year I had a 9.something (over 10) from the exams and the oral presentation in English. But i had an 8(over 10 lol) in my final grades. Why's that? Cuz of my ''nevermind english'' behaviour, my horrible notebook and cuz sometimes i didn't do the homework.
And I was really pissed.
My maths teacher is doing it how i like. The final grade is based on the exams, for example if your average mark on the exams is a 9 you will have a 9 or more than a 9 if appart from the 9 n the exams you have a clean notebook and good behaviour. So the grades are basically based on the knowledge
Sooo, it would be like the average mark of all your exams,presentations... and then you can improve that grade with your behaviour. Kno what i mean?

So, what ya think?
Raquel
Renegade
Renegade

Re: The way the teachers grade.

Postby Sophie » Jan 25th, '10, 14:03

Well..the homework is good when the knowledge is good..kinda like a circle no? If you don't have the behavourial skills (ie you're always talking in class etc), then you won't have the knowledge & won't do the homework.

They have to take everything into account i think..cus if you don't do the homework then the knowledge doesn't show, same as if you don't pay attention in class then the knowledge doesn't show.

But idk, i think every country grades different. For example i have no idea on the 10 thing etc you're talking about lol..we do A*, A, B etc..and that's just (as far as i know) based on that particular piece of work.

I have no idea if that made any sense, but..yeah that's what i think :-k
Chill a nity you boon.
Sophie
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raquel » Jan 25th, '10, 15:47

^Yeah that makes sense.
The 10 is like the higher mark you can have, like an A i suppose.
I know what ya mean, but for example ,in my case, if i don't do my enlighs homework and in class,I don't talk, but im looking throw the window but then i have a really high mark on the exams and presentations,i deserve that high mark n my final grades. I have the knowledge. Maybe i didn't get that knowledge in class, but i have it anyways.
:-k
Raquel
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Emadyville » Jan 26th, '10, 01:14

Raquel wrote:^Yeah that makes sense.
The 10 is like the higher mark you can have, like an A i suppose.
I know what ya mean, but for example ,in my case, if i don't do my enlighs homework and in class,I don't talk, but im looking throw the window but then i have a really high mark on the exams and presentations,i deserve that high mark n my final grades. I have the knowledge. Maybe i didn't get that knowledge in class, but i have it anyways.
:-k

Yeah I know what you're saying, but I think the purpose for school grades is to show that you do what you are told (meaning the work). So in real life, for instance for your family (wife/husband/kids) and in your job, you do what is needed to get done, if that makes sense.

To me it's almost like it's showing that you can meet deadlines, you understand what you are supposed to do and you do it, if you're supposed to do the hw and you do not, you didn't are not earning what you can. I agree if you do well on exams and don't do homework you shouldn't be penalized on your grade, but if the hw is graded then yes you should, tho the tests should be weighted much higher.

it's like for a class I had last semester, I was there everyday, took pages and pages of notes, and I knew the material very well and felt like I was well versed on the subject, but on the multiple choices on tests I bombed them, but did well on the essays and received a B- for the class. That's kind of similar, but you can see there are always dilemmas in the grading process. Grades don't necessarily reflect your knowledge as much as it does your work and effort.
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby GoodGirlsGetGutted » Feb 14th, '10, 12:01

Oh boy.
You're bringing back some really bad memories, Rachel.
But this is a topic I'm very passionate about.
I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, notebook checks.
Y'know, when the teacher collects your binder or folder and checks for order completion and notetaking.
AND FUCK NOTETAKING
If you benefit from taking notes, fine, but it doesn't work for me. I honestly find it to be distracting. My teachers never got it. They'd ask me why I'm not taking notes. And, the smug cunts that they are, they do it in a way that makes their insidious inquiry sound anything but rhetorical.
So I agree with you completely. The grade should be black and white, based ONLY on test performance. Yes, I believe homework should be left to the student's responsibility and never collected or checked.
Absorb - Apply - Repeat
That's all it should be about.
Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
-Matthew 7:12

-Chaos zawladnal światem po raz kolejny-
GoodGirlsGetGutted
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Banks » Feb 14th, '10, 12:20

most of the time the teacher says that evaluate the behavior of the student's time to take some notes ... I really think this is not done, there behaved students who end up staying in recovery because not reached a sufficiently high, missing very few teachers make you recovering ...
Banks
Soldier
Soldier

Postby AliJack » Feb 14th, '10, 12:59

GoodGirlsGetGutted wrote:Oh boy.
Y'know, when the teacher collects your binder or folder and checks for order completion and notetaking.
AND FUCK NOTETAKING
If you benefit from taking notes, fine, but it doesn't work for me. I honestly find it to be distracting. My teachers never got it. They'd ask me why I'm not taking notes. And, the smug cunts that they are, they do it in a way that makes their insidious inquiry sound anything but rhetorical.
So I agree with you completely. The grade should be black and white, based ONLY on test performance. Yes, I believe homework should be left to the student's responsibility and never collected or checked.
Absorb - Apply - Repeat

Win.
AliJack
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SajN » Feb 14th, '10, 13:16

I just deleted all the spam posts.
Don't let it happen again ... !
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Raquel » Feb 14th, '10, 17:26

GoodGirlsGetGutted wrote:Oh boy.
AND FUCK NOTETAKING
Absorb - Apply - Repeat

AMEEEEN G :worship:

I hate the notebooks checks too.
Once i failed a subkect just cuz of the notebook... I mean i had a 5.75/10 n the average mark and ma teacher checked my notebook and told me...ayte raquel, you got a 4/10, you failed the subject...

It was really unfair...
Raquel
Renegade
Renegade

Return to College Crib