The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

English Article - Crime or Computer Games

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Re: English Article - Crime or Computer Games

Postby Anim » Apr 14th, '10, 20:15

@Sajn: I think they're worse of in both Sajn....

@Emady: I'm not sure about exact number, but the maximum punishment is 21 years (which is rarely given unless a very serious crime is commited).

The maximum punishment for rape is 10 years.
Possession and sale of cannabis can give you a punishment of up to 6 months.
Murder gives a minimum of 6 years in prison, and in most cases of 1st. degree murder is punished with 21 years.
A man who robbed a money transport in 1998 got 6 years.
In 2008 two women was caught with five bottles of liquid cocaine and they both and they both ended up with a little over five years in prison.
The guy we in Norway call "Lommemannen", who is a guy who went around with a hole in his pocket and got kids to reach down in is pocket and thouch his dick (did this to hundreds of kids), is expected to get something around 4-5 years.
Anim
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Apr 14th, '10, 20:17

Damn, only 21 years for murder. See here you'd get life in prison or the death penalty :smoking:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby SajN » Apr 14th, '10, 20:21

Emadyville wrote:Damn, only 21 years for murder. See here you'd get life in prison or the death penalty :smoking:

Norway is very against death penalty, because we believe in human rights :smoking:
! Is He Nuts? No, He's InSajN !
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Emadyville » Apr 15th, '10, 14:07

SajN wrote:
Emadyville wrote:Damn, only 21 years for murder. See here you'd get life in prison or the death penalty :smoking:

Norway is very against death penalty, because we believe in human rights :smoking:

Isn't it kinda contradictory tho, just in the sense that he/she took away someone else's right to life? Just saying, even for murder one cause (I'm assuming it has the same basic foundation in Norway as here) that it was premeditated.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby SajN » Apr 15th, '10, 17:07

Emadyville wrote:
SajN wrote:

Isn't it kinda contradictory tho, just in the sense that he/she took away someone else's right to life? Just saying, even for murder one cause (I'm assuming it has the same basic foundation in Norway as here) that it was premeditated.

I don't have much insight in this, so I can speak for Norway. I am sure Anim can.

Ok, here is the last part, my dear friend :flower:

As we see, there are different factors that lead to the crime. Most criminals develop as teenagers because they start to lack the caring for authority and caring for self-satisfaction. Education has been mentioned as a factor, but other huge contributions are gangs. The students who are in gangs are most likely to break the law than those who are not. This is because inside a gang, they develop their own “rules” which are the essence of the gang, and to stay there you have to follow them. These gangs are created, organized and operated by illegal activities, and it becomes an “everyday-habit” very fast.

Later on, the criminals eventually get children. These children are not brought up in so-called normal homes. They are surrounded by one or more criminals, and there is no surprise that they develop thoughts that are like their surroundings. This applies of course not to everyone, but it happens on a regular basis. The same can be said about people who grow in poor areas and so-called “ghettos”. With no support from the government and no good educational system, the people who are weak will turn their back to the society and commit crimes to survive.

As a conclusion, it is fair to say that there is not only one factor to a crime. Something does not happen by itself, there is a reason behind it. One or more incident in the childhood shapes the future and the mindset of a person. Bad childhood can lead to bad education, which will then lead to getting no jobs and facing economical crisis. These are all a part of the reasons for crime. Poor areas are also big contributors, because the people there have not many resources to come out and do something with their life. They instead become a part of the criminal gangs, or act alone.

I personally believe that troubles inside a home, like poor parenting skills, and no one to tell the children what is right and what is wrong, is one of the biggest factors for why somebody commit a crime. The family problems leads to many other problems like, as I have mentioned before, low education and no support.
SajN
The Almighty
The Almighty

Postby Anim » Apr 15th, '10, 19:25

Emadyville wrote:
SajN wrote:

I think one of the main reasons are that killing the murderer won't do any good, it won't make a difference at all other then keeping him from committing another crime in the future. But this is something we can do without resorting to take the life of another human, by keeping him in prison until he is rehabilitated(in some cases a convict can be kept in prison longer then what their punishment requires if there is reason the believe that the offender will commit the same crime again upon release).

Norwegians also like to give people second chances, and giving a person a lifetime penalty kinda undermines that.
Anim
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Apr 18th, '10, 06:56

^^^ ah I see, thanks for that. We have something similar in regards to keeping you longer, but it can go both ways.

If you get convicted of murder, but enter a plea of insanity and win, you're still charged with the murder, but you go to basically a mental instituition for lack of a better term. You technically only have to stay 6 months, but often you stay for life. If they feel you are rehabilitated you are let free. So you're not really given a sentence in terms of length, but you have to stay at least 6 months.

You can see the difference in this, as first degree murder is usually life in prison or execution (which doesn't happen for about 10 years anyway, big horrific cases usually like 6-7 years), while first degree murder with insanity you technically only have to stay 6 months. Kinda fucked up, but I understand why. I should note that, not only is this plea rarely use, it's even more rare to win this argument in court. I can only think of one big case, being Ed Gein, who chose the insanity plea and won.

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby SajN » Apr 30th, '10, 14:25

Got top grade (with a little minus but it's alright) :smoking:

Thanks Emady!
SajN
The Almighty