The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Your Major

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Re: Your Major

Postby Rollimeo » Sep 23rd, '10, 09:29

Bistnal wrote:
Bistnal wrote:Wanted to be a civil engineer, but now, i'm not so sure anymore. Gonna be doing some serious thinking/researching this summer on what i'll be doing.

So I decided on Biochemistry. Really interesting field IMO and has some really good career growth/opportunities as well as salary (depends on what I do with it though, has really diverse career options w/ this major). Gonna see how I am in a year, and might just go Pharmaceutical route with it.

that sounds interesting but what other jobs can you get other then pharmaceutical and examining corpse
Rollimeo
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bistnal » Sep 26th, '10, 18:58

rollin4em wrote:
Bistnal wrote:
Bistnal wrote:Wanted to be a civil engineer, but now, i'm not so sure anymore. Gonna be doing some serious thinking/researching this summer on what i'll be doing.

So I decided on Biochemistry. Really interesting field IMO and has some really good career growth/opportunities as well as salary (depends on what I do with it though, has really diverse career options w/ this major). Gonna see how I am in a year, and might just go Pharmaceutical route with it.

that sounds interesting but what other jobs can you get other then pharmaceutical and examining corpse

lol pre-med doesn't have to be just corpses :p I could be a researcher....or just redundant and get a phD and be a professor. Either way, it leaves with a few career options. And I have a couple years to decide on specifically where I want to go career wise.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby dR3 » Sep 26th, '10, 22:39

This is my last year of high school, so I'm gonna start with the 5-year Dentistry studies next year.
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby ChristinaE12 » Sep 26th, '10, 23:40

Not going through schooling or anything seeing as I don't need to, for the most part. But soon as I get my shit settled and everything... I'm going to hopefully be a welder. Long as I can find a decent enough job anyhow.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sablesilk » Sep 27th, '10, 00:08

3rd year English major and I'm double minoring in Psychology and Religious Studies. I'll most likely go into publishing, but I've become really interested in clinical therapy so....
"Ever notice how similar my hair is to Mr. T's? The only difference is mine is a little more 'mo,' a little less 'hawk.'"

Sablesilk
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Bistnal » Sep 27th, '10, 17:18

dR3 wrote:This is my last year of high school, so I'm gonna start with the 5-year Dentistry studies next year.

You're gonna play in people's mouths? :p j/k, it's a good career, friend of mine's mother is a dentist and she makes quarter million yearly and seems to love her job so :y:
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby trinell05 » Dec 11th, '10, 01:15

I graduated last year with Criminology as my Major and Urban Studies as my minor. I was really interested in going to law school, but I really needed to take a break and work in the real world first. There are also so many different types of law that you can go into, and I just can't decide. I'm not sure if I want to be in the courtroom because I've never liked the feeling of the rooms and the people who work there have this weird overrated view of themselves. I hated how they would actually snicker at the accused during arraignment. In the real world, I could never treat people like shit. Online, different story, lol.

I also was very interested in being a parole or probation officer. I'm so frustrated with our criminal justice system's way of "rehabilitating" people, that I thought that I could do some great things for people who needed guidance while on parole or probation. I figured that growing up where there wasn't much opportunity and being able to use a lot of the resources that aren't really known about, would make me a great asset for helping people who were like me, I guess. I don't know. I still have a lot of maturing to do before I feel comfortable enough to basically be someone's way to freedom or back to jail or prison.

I remember being given a list of all of the careers associated with my major. I don't know if I could ever make up my mind about what I want to be with that many choices.
IcedSlim Shady wrote:why half of you, on this forum, are so dickhead?

"I'm a preachin', twerkin,' bible-readin' mothafucka."
I Wish That I Could Be A Holmie 4 Life.
trinell05
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to College Crib