The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Math

Talk about what you have learned in school/college/university, and discuss with others.
Or you can simply talk negative about your teachers/boss.

Re: Math

Postby Brood » Nov 14th, '10, 00:01

definitely my worst subject
Brood
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby trinell05 » Dec 11th, '10, 01:20

I used to be really good at math in middle school. But once I got to high school, the math program was changed to some weird shit where you would write a paragraph explaining your answer, and you would get the same credit, whether it was right or wrong. I thought that was the most ridiculous bullshit and was most likely a way to scam the school board into thinking that my failing school was competent or something, lol. But they didn't realize that state exams didn't want paragraphs, lol. Pretty much all of the students failed the state tests at my high school. They didn't even teach us algebra correctly.

Now in college, I was so nervous to take "normal" math again because I had been so out of practice, but I found a math class that taught us how to create games, and I excelled in that type of math because I was finally able to apply it to something I liked. I guess that was the key. I didn't even realize I was using math half of the time, which was fucking awesome, while other students took college algebra, failed, and had to do remedial classes.
IcedSlim Shady wrote:why half of you, on this forum, are so dickhead?

"I'm a preachin', twerkin,' bible-readin' mothafucka."
I Wish That I Could Be A Holmie 4 Life.
trinell05
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby toxicbuffy » Dec 15th, '10, 22:43

i love it when i can understand it
Go Habs Go
toxicbuffy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bistnal » Dec 16th, '10, 00:37

toxicbuffy wrote:i love it when i can understand it

Same. I've noticed that with me recently. I overall can't stand math, but when I understand it, I love it. Like Trig, I actually really like it because I find it really easy to understand, but shit like logs..I can't stand them lol.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Willy » Dec 21st, '10, 10:17

I'm Asian, so math comes easy to me. Breezed through all the highest levels of math and one thing has remained consistent throughout all my years with numbers: my flaccid penis.

Math is so fucking boring. This is my first year of college, finally got done with finite, and I don't think I have to do anymore math my whole life. I could not be happier. Math blows. :y:

Fuck Willou
Willy
Soldier
Soldier

Postby missangie » Jan 12th, '11, 21:54

WilyMo021 wrote:I'm Asian, so math comes easy to me.

Hate the stereotype but I'm Asian too and I love math :happy: . I guess I'm really nerdy... I loved calculus my senior year of high school. :sweating: Now I'm thinking about majoring in math, with a minor in economics.
"I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may." - Fight Club

"Play with matches, you get burned." - Pulp Fiction

"Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt." - Slaughterhouse-Five

Autumn 2010 - Cincy Park
missangie
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby classthe_king » Mar 29th, '11, 18:44

classthe_king wrote:I'm taking the highest possible math class offered at my high school this year as a junior and they're giving me the option to get bused to a college to take a college math class next year which would be my senior school year but I don't know if I'm goona do it :-k

I talked to my counseler about it and she told me if I did it I couldn't play football because I wouldn't get back in time for practice so I don't think I'm goona do it, however I could go into College as a Junior in math so idk.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Bistnal » Mar 29th, '11, 21:06

Revolutionary wrote:Physics and Math are my worst subjects.
Chemistry & Biology FTW :wub:
P.S. I'm only capable of understanding what i am currently learning I'm in my last year in High School so if you ask me about something i studied at Middle-School, i will not be able to answer you.
I always get high marks in math, but after i finish the book and get tested, i forget everything I've learned.
But with Chemistry and Biology, it's much easier...I don't know, maybe because i love those subjects.

:o You mean you do better in a subject if you like it? Who would've thought lol. I find it hard with math to forget what you learned because it all builds up and it's basically drilled into your head by the time you're tested on it,but maybe that's just me.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Bistnal » Mar 31st, '11, 03:30

^I know lol. I get what you mean, personally for me though, if I quickly skim through the chapter from something I did years ago, I could answer the math question within a few minutes. Then again, I used to love math up until a couple years ago. Pre-calculus made me despise math.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby 2DreamFire » Sep 8th, '11, 02:40

Dang... This part of the forum is dead. lol

Ah, math is my favorite subject. I've always found it very easy. I mean, all you have to is memorize a whole bunch of formulas and plug the numbers into them. I'm taking college-level Pre-Calculus (I'm a sophomore in high school, currently). I'd say my weakest subject is anything to do with geography or history. I just don't see the point in learning it. I absolutely despise writing essays, despite the fact I get good marks on them. That is the reason I don't like English. As for science, well, I'm really good at chemistry and biology. I don't really care much for physics or earth and space science.
2DreamFire
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Sofi » Nov 22nd, '11, 06:56

I like math.. Calculus was kind of hard.. but i do HATE science so much :n: and I loved philosophy and the literature classes.
"A plaque of platinum status is whack if I'm not the baddest." -Eminem
:guitar:
Sofi
Renegade
Renegade

Previous

Return to College Crib