The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rank Eminem's albums

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rank Eminem's albums

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 20th, '14, 00:16

Let's just get real for a second.
Putting Infinite above his previous albums is bullshit. And here's why:
Infinite was out out in '96, and as both Em and Paul has stated, it's a flop.
It sold very few units, and it's not THAT good.
I get that all of you like the old Em a lot more, and because of that you put Infinite in your list.
Because let's face it, that album is whack compared to newer albums when you count in wordplay, lyrics, syllables, etc.
Now Infinite had some really dope beats, but it ain't worth taking place over let's say MMLP2, Relapse etc.
Just my opinion though, feel free to argue without Stan-raging on me.
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 20th, '14, 00:23

Anyways, here's my list. (In order)

1. MMLP (Favorite album of all time)
2. TES (Amazing album, I love the flow)
3. SSLP (Love this one)
4. MMLP2 (You can't say this album ain't dope as fuck)
5. SSEP (I don't know if this counts but man, I love No One's Iller)
6. Relapse (I don't mind the accents)
7. BME: Hell the Sequel (Not a solo album but fuck it)
8. Recovery (It's aight)
9. Encore

Not mentioning Infinite because this was before he found his style.
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Nov 20th, '14, 00:24

Zhadeix wrote:Let's just get real for a second.
Putting Infinite above his previous albums is bullshit. And here's why:
It doesnt sound like Eminem and he didnt find himself yet. Sure its got tight lyrics on some joints, but its not Eminem, he just hasnt found himself yet.
Fixed this for ya :smoking:
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 20th, '14, 00:27

Aone10 wrote:I'm going to create colorful ass list with all his projects and my ratings once Shady XV drops. Shit finna be real

Should be cool
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Jaba » Nov 20th, '14, 04:08

The Eminem Show (my favorite album all time. No flaws. Love every song. Also my first Em album EVER. Classic)
The Marshall Mathers LP (Amazing album. I respect every song as a 10 for creativity. But some songs I just cant find myself getting into. For example, i dont really care for Kim. And Amityville is just ehh for me. I really cant stand Bizarre) Classic album
The Slim Shady LP (Classic, Vintage Slim. I find myself loving every song off this. Its 3rd because even tho i like more songs on this than MMLP, MMLP's good songs are just WAY fucking better. Classic)
Relapse/Refill (Em did what HE wanted to do on this. No radio shit or anything. Tbh sounds like an underground album. Fucking amazing. Em's most recent and 4th Classic IMO.)
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (why is this so low? because as an ALBUM. It is Eminems 5th Best. This shit has some of Eminems best songs EVER. Its just not as good as an ALBUM as his others. I feel he made some bad decisions (Rihanna, STIW, also coulda put Don’t Front, baby, Groundhog day on this) and if he would have arranged things better it could have been better as a whole. but for me. its more of a clash of songs that round out with a good ending for the album. Still amazing tho)
Hell: The Sequel (every song on this i love. Eminem was really finding himself again and helped him back into his second prime he started on relapse and continued on MMLP2. Royce does amazing on this as well and even outshines em on a few songs. Would be higher if they didnt compromise a few single songs (cough cough lighters/chorus's for take from me)
Devil’s Night (D12 is entertaining and some of their shit is fire. Ems verses are all fucking amazing. Even the songs he isnt on i can listen to just cus their funny and sometimes good in general)
8 Mile Soundtrack (some of eminems BEST material is on here. Including his best song. But, he only has 5 tracks on this and the rest of the material besides a few things (EX; Wanksta, R.A.K.I.M) the rest of this album isnt too great. Thats why as an album its lower, but its also above some of his albums because Ems material on this was top-notch 10/10 shit ya know what im saying? :p )
Encore (Gets a LOT of hate. But I enjoy this album. Not as good as his first three. But still enjoyable. And the bad songs, I can find enjoyment in whether its cus of the comedy or the sick beats)
Recovery (had some great songs. but it also had a lot of meant to be radio songs. also had a lot of corny lines. i still enjoy this album tho. em was just rushed and sorta confused on what to do, it was good for what it was for tho)
The Slim Shady EP (the tape that got em discovered. also every track on here is fucking great! the remastered versions on sslp are better tho.)
The Re-Up (Em delivered some good tracks on here. some you can tell he is way drugged up cus of his slurrs and shit. not classic and probs the worst time to release a shady compilation but whatever its fun to listen to and a good album)
D12 World (wasnt as good as first. also em verses were just ehhhh and d12 didnt do too well either)
Curtain Call (The new tracks) (only 3 new tracks, they were funny [fack], ok [when im gone], and ok [shake that])
Infinite (great lyrically. BUT, em hasnt found himself on this one. Sounds a lot like AZ, Nas, and Q-Tip)

Ill make this colorful/add SHADYXV when it comes out. :y:

Also i feel like this is like my final list. cus ive really explored other rap and ive taken some time off eminem music and when i went back to listening to eminem (since i wasnt listening to him constant anymore) it was easier to judge his albums instead of always changing my mind.
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Corpse_Welder » Nov 24th, '14, 07:38

As of this day, after listening to Shady XV a few times, here's my honest opinions

Slim Shady LP: As pure as it can get, this was Eminem before there was money, fame, controversy, heavy drug use etc. This is the vision for it all, what made people believe in the guy, what transformed hip-hop from strictly black urban culture to what it is today.

Marshall Mathers LP: Comes close to beating SSLP, and it some ways it does. More dramatic, dark, grandiose, bigger guests, bigger budget. Eminem was a household name with plenty of controversy and the songs reflect it. But for me, I prefer the purity of SSLP

The Eminem Show: Perhaps Eminem's highest highs are on this album, but the cracks are also starting to show. I have bought every Eminem album on release day, and at the time I remember thinking some stuff like Say What You Say missing a little of that fire. Anger, sure but it did not evoke that fear that say Amityville did. A few other somewhat weaker tracks prevent this from beating the two "LPs".

Relapse: I anticipated this record like the coming of Christ. A bit silly and juvenile at points, but much darker once again.

Marshall Mathers LP 2: I would place this as a near tie with Recovery, which is only one or two percentage points down. I loved it at first but it fell hard and fast in the weeks after release. I skip about half the album these days. It just doesn't click with me

Recovery: There are some songs I despise, like LTWYL, and some I really like that even it out. Any love for this album is strictly based on memories from 2010

Infinite: Poor production value, but the hunger was there. A look into the life of a desperate man struggling to keep his family safe and fed. I WAS that guy at one point, so this hits home. It's a little tame but songs like It's OK are still favorites

Encore: The sheer disappointment of a die-hard fan after 6 years of worship...Just Lose it made me cringe when it hit airwaves and to this day, Mockingbird and the bonus songs are the only ones in constant rotation. I can get a laugh from some songs, however and like Recovery, these songs represent a very important time of my life

Shady XV: Why do I find Shady XV to be Em's worst material yet? Not worst, per se, it just does nothing for my personal amusement. I can't find it in me to enjoy his parts, I don't enjoy the beats, and the lyrics aren't connecting. I feel like I'm drinking light beer. In the end I have a slight buzz but I'm not fulfilled at all. Sorry Em, it's my honest feelings on the album. No disrespect and no hate, though. Make music for yourself even if a few fans aren't on board, and even then I'll buy every CD that you release.
Corpse_Welder
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 24th, '14, 07:43

Jaba wrote:The Eminem Show (my favorite album all time. No flaws. Love every song. Also my first Em album EVER. Classic)
The Marshall Mathers LP (Amazing album. I respect every song as a 10 for creativity. But some songs I just cant find myself getting into. For example, i dont really care for Kim. And Amityville is just ehh for me. I really cant stand Bizarre) Classic album
The Slim Shady LP (Classic, Vintage Slim. I find myself loving every song off this. Its 3rd because even tho i like more songs on this than MMLP, MMLP's good songs are just WAY fucking better. Classic)
Relapse/Refill (Em did what HE wanted to do on this. No radio shit or anything. Tbh sounds like an underground album. Fucking amazing. Em's most recent and 4th Classic IMO.)
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 (why is this so low? because as an ALBUM. It is Eminems 5th Best. This shit has some of Eminems best songs EVER. Its just not as good as an ALBUM as his others. I feel he made some bad decisions (Rihanna, STIW, also coulda put Don’t Front, baby, Groundhog day on this) and if he would have arranged things better it could have been better as a whole. but for me. its more of a clash of songs that round out with a good ending for the album. Still amazing tho)
Hell: The Sequel (every song on this i love. Eminem was really finding himself again and helped him back into his second prime he started on relapse and continued on MMLP2. Royce does amazing on this as well and even outshines em on a few songs. Would be higher if they didnt compromise a few single songs (cough cough lighters/chorus's for take from me)
Devil’s Night (D12 is entertaining and some of their shit is fire. Ems verses are all fucking amazing. Even the songs he isnt on i can listen to just cus their funny and sometimes good in general)
8 Mile Soundtrack (some of eminems BEST material is on here. Including his best song. But, he only has 5 tracks on this and the rest of the material besides a few things (EX; Wanksta, R.A.K.I.M) the rest of this album isnt too great. Thats why as an album its lower, but its also above some of his albums because Ems material on this was top-notch 10/10 shit ya know what im saying? :p )
Encore (Gets a LOT of hate. But I enjoy this album. Not as good as his first three. But still enjoyable. And the bad songs, I can find enjoyment in whether its cus of the comedy or the sick beats)
Recovery (had some great songs. but it also had a lot of meant to be radio songs. also had a lot of corny lines. i still enjoy this album tho. em was just rushed and sorta confused on what to do, it was good for what it was for tho)
The Slim Shady EP (the tape that got em discovered. also every track on here is fucking great! the remastered versions on sslp are better tho.)
The Re-Up (Em delivered some good tracks on here. some you can tell he is way drugged up cus of his slurrs and shit. not classic and probs the worst time to release a shady compilation but whatever its fun to listen to and a good album)
D12 World (wasnt as good as first. also em verses were just ehhhh and d12 didnt do too well either)
Curtain Call (The new tracks) (only 3 new tracks, they were funny [fack], ok [when im gone], and ok [shake that])
Infinite (great lyrically. BUT, em hasnt found himself on this one. Sounds a lot like AZ, Nas, and Q-Tip)

Ill make this colorful/add SHADYXV when it comes out. :y:

Also i feel like this is like my final list. cus ive really explored other rap and ive taken some time off eminem music and when i went back to listening to eminem (since i wasnt listening to him constant anymore) it was easier to judge his albums instead of always changing my mind.

Nice review. Interesting critique on Relapse :y:
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Chazi » Nov 24th, '14, 10:35

GOAT review Jaba
Chazi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 24th, '14, 15:48

Thanks both of you ^^

I'll be posting another one aka the same one with shadyxv added sometime soonish
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slickrickbangschicks » Nov 24th, '14, 21:15

ok here is mine including d12 bme

1.MMLP 1 10/10
2.TES 10/10
3.SSLP 9/10
4.DEVILS NIGHT 9/10
5.RELAPSE 8.5/10
6.HELL THE SEQUEL 8.5/10
7.D12 WORLD 8/10
8.SHADY XV 8/10
9 MMLP2 7.5/10
10 RE-UP 7/10
11ENCORE 7/10
12 8 MILE SOUNDTRACK 7/10
13 RECOVERY 6/10
14 INFINITE 5/10

now here comes the hate for how low i have scored Infinite lol sorry guys i just do not like the album
Last edited by slickrickbangschicks on Nov 24th, '14, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
slickrickbangschicks
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Trimss » Nov 24th, '14, 21:16

slickrickbangschicks wrote:ok here is mine including d12 bme

1.MMLP 1 10/10
2.TES 10/10
3.SSLP 9/10
4.DEVILS NIGHT 9/10
5.RELAPSE 8.5/10
6.HELL THE SEQUEL 8.5/10
7.D12 WORLD 8/10
8.SHADY XV 8/10
9 MMLP2 7.5/10
10 ENCORE 7/10
11 8 MILE SOUNDTRACK 7/10
12 RECOVERY 6/10

13 INFINITE 5/10

now here comes the hate for how low i have scored Infinite lol sorry guys i just do not like the album

The hate is going to come but not for Infinite.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Jaba » Nov 24th, '14, 21:16

1.MMLP 1 10/10
2.TES 10/10
3.SSLP 9/10
4.DEVILS NIGHT 9/10
5.RELAPSE 8.5/10
6.HELL THE SEQUEL 8.5/10
7.D12 WORLD 8/10
8.SHADY XV 8/10
9 MMLP2 7.5/10
10 ENCORE 7/10
12 RECOVERY 6/10
13 INFINITE 5/10

Alright list. I dont agree with D12 Worlds rank... D12 World Material <<<<<<<< ENCORE
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slickrickbangschicks » Nov 24th, '14, 21:20

Jaba wrote:

1.MMLP 1 10/10
2.TES 10/10
3.SSLP 9/10
4.DEVILS NIGHT 9/10
5.RELAPSE 8.5/10
6.HELL THE SEQUEL 8.5/10
7.D12 WORLD 8/10
8.SHADY XV 8/10
9 MMLP2 7.5/10
10 ENCORE 7/10
12 RECOVERY 6/10
13 INFINITE 5/10

Alright list. I dont agree with D12 Worlds rank... D12 World Material <<<<<<<< ENCORE

Yh the terrible tracks on Encore lets it down, Now if we as americans and love you more were on the original cd it would of been better. I really liked d12 world i also forgot the re-up so i have included that now
slickrickbangschicks
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby slickrickbangschicks » Nov 24th, '14, 21:23

Trimss wrote:

1.MMLP 1 10/10
2.TES 10/10
3.SSLP 9/10
4.DEVILS NIGHT 9/10
5.RELAPSE 8.5/10
6.HELL THE SEQUEL 8.5/10
7.D12 WORLD 8/10
8.SHADY XV 8/10
9 MMLP2 7.5/10
10 ENCORE 7/10
12 RECOVERY 6/10

13 INFINITE 5/10

The hate is going to come but not for Infinite.

ok whats you`r list
slickrickbangschicks
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Chazi » Nov 24th, '14, 21:24

Infinite is underrated as fuck
Chazi
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat