The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rank Eminem's albums

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rank Eminem's albums

Postby Snakebeast » Nov 6th, '14, 05:48

DetroitSkills wrote:Jaba pls

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 6th, '14, 05:48

Jaba wrote:ok, so i know ive been known for changing my list a ton (even though lately i havent at all). but i need to change this right now. ive takin a break from em's work for a while, and been exploring others. but i just returned to em and listened 2 all his albums. i believe this is my final list.

THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP (greatest work rap has had, rhymes, flows, concept, cohesive, everything)
THE EMINEM SHOW (just a bit better than SSLP (the eminem show and the slim shady lp's rank can switch, but i think at the end of the day, if i had 2 choose, id choose tes), amazing work as well, one of the best albums all time.)
THE SLIM SHADY LP (i usually have this lower than MMLP2, but i really feel TES and SSLP are better because, i find i connect with it more and i love this album. it is also a lot more cohesive and sounds like a full amazing album you know? its perfect how it is. one of the best albums all time!)
THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2 (amazing album, shows that em is in his second prime. love it. wish it had been more of an "album" but still one of my favorites of all time)
RELAPSE (has a classic sound, brings back tons memories, i dont mind the accent i like it, fits the concept. great work here, modern classic)
ENCORE (this also brings back memories, FOR ME has a classic sound only because its nostalgic and reminds me of when i first heard eminem because this was (with TES) the first em album i heard, i cant remember which was first cus i was reallly young. thank my cousin chris for getting me into slim)
RECOVERY (great album, but not too good for eminem standards. has its moments, i enjoy listening because really this was the first album i waited til midnight to Dl and listen and then go to the store and buy. first album I REMEMBER listening to from front to back without skipping around 2 tracks that sounded amazing (this is when i got older, which is why its one of the first u know?) this also has a somewhat nostalgic feel but i find myself skipping a lot of tracks i loved back then now. i never listen to this front to back anymore)
INFINITE (just not as good as the others, still good, i enjoy infinite, open mic and its ok the best)

Thanks eminem for all these memories. this is probs my last list :P

Without description -

MMLP
TES
SSLP
MMLP2
RELAPSE
ENCORE
RECOVERY
INFINITE

Congrats. Your list is identical to mine. You're good now.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 6th, '14, 05:51

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Jaba wrote:ok, so i know ive been known for changing my list a ton (even though lately i havent at all). but i need to change this right now. ive takin a break from em's work for a while, and been exploring others. but i just returned to em and listened 2 all his albums. i believe this is my final list.

THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP (greatest work rap has had, rhymes, flows, concept, cohesive, everything)
THE EMINEM SHOW (just a bit better than SSLP (the eminem show and the slim shady lp's rank can switch, but i think at the end of the day, if i had 2 choose, id choose tes), amazing work as well, one of the best albums all time.)
THE SLIM SHADY LP (i usually have this lower than MMLP2, but i really feel TES and SSLP are better because, i find i connect with it more and i love this album. it is also a lot more cohesive and sounds like a full amazing album you know? its perfect how it is. one of the best albums all time!)
THE MARSHALL MATHERS LP 2 (amazing album, shows that em is in his second prime. love it. wish it had been more of an "album" but still one of my favorites of all time)
RELAPSE (has a classic sound, brings back tons memories, i dont mind the accent i like it, fits the concept. great work here, modern classic)
ENCORE (this also brings back memories, FOR ME has a classic sound only because its nostalgic and reminds me of when i first heard eminem because this was (with TES) the first em album i heard, i cant remember which was first cus i was reallly young. thank my cousin chris for getting me into slim)
RECOVERY (great album, but not too good for eminem standards. has its moments, i enjoy listening because really this was the first album i waited til midnight to Dl and listen and then go to the store and buy. first album I REMEMBER listening to from front to back without skipping around 2 tracks that sounded amazing (this is when i got older, which is why its one of the first u know?) this also has a somewhat nostalgic feel but i find myself skipping a lot of tracks i loved back then now. i never listen to this front to back anymore)
INFINITE (just not as good as the others, still good, i enjoy infinite, open mic and its ok the best)

Thanks eminem for all these memories. this is probs my last list :P

Without description -

MMLP
TES
SSLP
MMLP2
RELAPSE
ENCORE
RECOVERY
INFINITE

Congrats. Your list is identical to mine. You're good now.

How could yall possibly believe Encore is better than Recovery. Fuck an opinion you're wrong. :shifty:

In all seriousness though, I genuinely don't even feel its debatable, what makes Encore better to you guys?
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 6th, '14, 07:33

There's a few reasons but the main thing is that Encore had an Eminem feel and sound to it whereas Recovery didn't. Recovery didn't really feel like an Eminem album but Encore did. That's just how I feel man.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 6th, '14, 08:28

Blogs McGooch wrote:There's a few reasons but the main thing is that Encore had an Eminem feel and sound to it whereas Recovery didn't. Recovery didn't really feel like an Eminem album but Encore did. That's just how I feel man.

I gotchu, I dont think that Eminem feel makes it a better piece of art though. But I was just curious. :y:
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 6th, '14, 08:29

TheBoss123 wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:There's a few reasons but the main thing is that Encore had an Eminem feel and sound to it whereas Recovery didn't. Recovery didn't really feel like an Eminem album but Encore did. That's just how I feel man.

I gotchu, I dont think that Eminem feel makes it a better piece of art though. But I was just curious. :y:

Personal preference m8 :b:
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Music_box » Nov 6th, '14, 12:27

Encore better than Infinite and Recovery is laughable.
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Nov 6th, '14, 22:06

Music_box wrote:Encore better than Infinite and Recovery is laughable.

Uh no. Infinite mise well been an AZ album. Em wasnt em yet. Recovery is just a bunch of songs with repetitive topics and rhymes (he uses steak punch lines in every song)... Recovery also is a bunch of yelling and he isnt rhyming the way he usually does, he did the corny punch lines like Wayne. And those are terrible! I will say they wouldnt have sounded as bad if he wasnt screaming at the top of his lungs over-confidently.

I will say tho Here We Go is one of his best songs (IMO).

Encore has good fucking beats, funny ass songs and some great songs (Evil Deeds, Never Enough, Yellow Brick Road).
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 7th, '14, 01:30

Lol he doesn't use steak punch lines in every song
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Notalius » Nov 7th, '14, 15:16

I will never understand the praise for never enough .. sounds like a lazy ass song

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Music_box » Nov 7th, '14, 15:19

Notalius wrote:I will never understand the praise for never enough .. sounds like a lazy ass song
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Nov 7th, '14, 21:58

Notalius wrote:I will never understand the praise for never enough .. sounds like a lazy ass song

I love the flow he uses. Image
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 7th, '14, 22:31

Still one of the best from Encore tbh. I like it enough, it's not amazing or anything though.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby slims » Nov 7th, '14, 22:34

I've never liked it. I think I have listened to it twice since 2004.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Nightcrawler » Nov 8th, '14, 06:17

1. MMLP
2. TES
3. SSLP
4. MMLP2
4. Relapse
5. Recovery
6. Encore

1 and 2 are interchangeable for me. Really enjoyed MMLP2, thought it was his best since TES. Didn't mind Relapse initially, and have grown to appreciate it more with time. With Recovery I didn't really care for it when released, and still don't. I do think some people tend to overrate Relapse as the years have gone by. Also I think some people tend to overly hate on Recovery.

SSLP I still really enjoy, but put it number 3, sounds a little dated now (for understandable reasons with Dre "polishing off" some of Em's already recorded work etc.). Also enjoyed his flow on subsequent albums more, especially TES flow. Really impressed with the Bass Bros sound on MMLP, even after all these years. Still sounds pretty crisp. I feel like SSLP is one of, if not the best, for showcasing his storytelling talent.

encore is last for reasons most know and agree with, so I feel it's not necessary to restate. First post here thought I would get it out the way so people know how I feel :wave:
Nightcrawler

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat