The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rank Eminem's albums

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rank Eminem's albums

Postby Kill You » Sep 29th, '13, 07:35

K, you can laugh but it doesn't change shit. If you're going to make a comment like that and not even defend it then don't say it.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Sep 29th, '13, 07:36

What's Eminem's best attributes, apart from rhyming (which is better on SSLP anyway).
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Sep 29th, '13, 07:36

Story telling, which is what every Relapse song is. It's not JUST about rhyming, it's the music. I just prefer it and love it more. I'm not sorry for that.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Sep 29th, '13, 07:40

Kill You wrote:which is what every Relapse song is.

no it's not lol, name which Relapse songs you think are storytelling songs

and Em's best storytelling apart from Stan and Kim is Brain Damage, Bonnie & Clyde, My Fault and As The World Turns

(not implying Stan and Kim are better showcases of storytelling)
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Sep 29th, '13, 07:44

CrashBand wrote:
Kill You wrote:which is what every Relapse song is.

no it's not lol

and Em's best storytelling apart from Stan and Kim is Brain Damage, Bonnie & Clyde, My Fault and As The World Turns

I like those songs, but you cannot change my preferences.

You don't hear all the story telling? Even random-ass songs have a point. The only one that doesn't is Underground, that's more of a random "I'm back" track. I have studied the hell out of Relapse. I said it's not just the rhyming for me, it's the overall music and sound of it.

Now, I said that SSLP is probably better than Relapse in the grand scheme of things. But I just LIKE Relapse more. I wish that I wouldn't be put down for it tbh, there's no need. It doesn't make me any less of a fan than any of you. I understand Eminem, I get where he's coming from and I get why he loves Relapse so much because I love it for the same reasons. It is much more personal than you people give it credit for. I am practically just like him, so I completely get it.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Sep 29th, '13, 07:51

I didn't say you were less of a fan, just that you don't understand why he is a contender for greatest rapper of all time. Which you don't, evidently.

With the whole 'best vs. favourite' conundrum, that was a misunderstanding I guess. I was arguing that SSLP is better than Relapse, then you came full force with the same old "I can like what I want". Although, it was implicit in my statement, lol.

And no, I don't think you "get" him, lol, and doubt you are even slightly like him. Now that is laughable.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Kill You » Sep 29th, '13, 07:54

Okay. You don't know me, though. I understand why he is a contender, I don't care what you say, because I CAN like what I want and I will. You made it out like people who prefer Relapse are like, less than people who don't lol. That is really laughable.

I have nothing else to say to you, you will never change my mind like I will never change yours. So let's just drop it. But don't act like you know me when you don't. I don't know you, you don't see me making assumptions about you. Some of the most ignorant shit you ever said, I respect you a lot but lol.

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby CrashBand » Sep 29th, '13, 08:00

I don't need to know you to know that you are most likely nothing like Eminem, lol.

Of course you can like what you want. Just admit that it's not as good.

I already said that it was implicit in my statement that I was talking about it being laughable that there are people who think Relapse is better than SSLP.

Stop giving the same spiel of bullshit about you having the unique special ability to like....what you like.
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby ShadyxEminem » Sep 29th, '13, 13:45

Encore
Relapse
Recovery
SSLP
MMLP
TES (just god awful, ugh)
#encorefam
ShadyxEminem
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jason M. » Sep 29th, '13, 13:50

ShadyxEminem wrote:Encore
Relapse
Recovery
SSLP
MMLP
TES (just god awful, ugh)

And weirdest shit ever goes to...
Jason M.
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Lost Myself » Sep 29th, '13, 14:45

This is gonna get hate but....

1. TES
2. MMLP
3. Recovery
4. Relapse
5. SSLP
6. Infinite
7. Encore

Recovery gets too much hate. People ignore that it's a very deep album, it's experimental, and as far as pure rapping goes (combining speed, force, and lyrics), it's insane. And yes, Eminem going as hard as he's ever been since MMLP makes the mediocre beats worth it for me. And can we appreciate that, despite the Lil Wayne feature (and Wayne's verse was actually pretty good for him), No Love is probably his best verse since Renegade and, as he stated in the song, could even be considered one of the best rap verses ever recorded? The album is dark and badass. The pop singer collabs are used in good purpose.

Meanwhile, I rank TES over MMLP just because of the more mature lyrics and better production. He slowed down so his lyrics would make an impact, and he does it in a way that no other Eminem album even comes close to. Yes, Relapse is ahead of SSLP, because it is a lyrical masterpiece. SSLP is an amazing album, but I feel like its depth and lyrical sophistication don't match up to Relapse. Infinite is forever underrated, and Encore is pretty much trash.
Lost Myself
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Eedee » Sep 29th, '13, 16:10

This is purely based on preference, right? I'll take it as it is.

In terms of most played:

TES
Recovery
Relapse
MMLP
SSLP
Encore
Infinite

In terms of greatness:

TES
MMLP
SSLP
Recovery*
Relapse*
Encore
Infinite

* Interchangeable
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Jimmy Conway » Sep 29th, '13, 16:23

1.MMLP
2.Eminem Show
3.SSLP
4.Relapse
5.Recovery
6.Infinite
7.Encore

1.Eminem Show
2.MMLP
3.Relapse
4.SSLP
5.Recovery
6.Infinite
7.Encore

Either of those lists could work for me, but I guess the first one is the closest. But it's really close between one and two and three and four.
It's the body bag game bitch I'm supplying coffins
Jimmy Conway
Renegade
Renegade

Postby wellnowwhat » Sep 29th, '13, 20:49

MMLP
SSLP
M show
Lapse
Encore
Recovery
Infinite
:smoking:
wellnowwhat
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Satan » Sep 29th, '13, 21:57

MMLP
SSLP
TES
Relapse
Recovery
Encore
Infinite

Pretty generic, but...y'know, just throwing it out there.
I'm not a faggot, I enjoy vagina.
Satan
Soldier
Soldier

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat