The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rank Eminem's albums

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rank Eminem's albums

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 29th, '14, 06:54

Snakebeast wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:The lows can be somewhat subjective

How does one think Em singing (horribly) about a woman that he gives only vaguest of descriptions not to be a low? Out of nowhere, too. STIW came right after Brainless, which is about as jarring a shift in pace and tone as one can get.

Well, I agree with you on part of that. I think STIW's placement on the album was shitty as well but the song by itself I enjoy. So all in all I'd say: decent song; crappy order placement on the album
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 06:56

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:The lows can be somewhat subjective

How does one think Em singing (horribly) about a woman that he gives only vaguest of descriptions not to be a low? Out of nowhere, too. STIW came right after Brainless, which is about as jarring a shift in pace and tone as one can get.

Well, I agree with you on part of that. I think STIW's placement on the album was shitty as well but the song by itself I enjoy. So all in all I'd say: decent song; crappy order placement on the album

I thought we had something with the whole having the same Kanye albums in our top three mayn

You lil shit

STIW garbage tier 3/10

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby UofLCard » Sep 29th, '14, 06:57

Most of his love songs are vague. Crazy In Love, Stronger Than I Was, Searchin', etc.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 29th, '14, 07:00

Snakebeast wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:How does one think Em singing (horribly) about a woman that he gives only vaguest of descriptions not to be a low? Out of nowhere, too. STIW came right after Brainless, which is about as jarring a shift in pace and tone as one can get.

I thought we had something with the whole having the same Kanye albums in our top three mayn

You lil shit

STIW garbage tier 3/10

Lol. Pretty sure most logical people who listen to Kanye would have those Kanye albums as their top 3.

I still luv u doe
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 07:02

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:Well, I agree with you on part of that. I think STIW's placement on the album was shitty as well but the song by itself I enjoy. So all in all I'd say: decent song; crappy order placement on the album

You lil shit

STIW garbage tier 3/10

Lol. Pretty sure most logical people who listen to Kanye would have those Kanye albums as their top 3.

I still luv u doe

You'd be surprised

Some people put Graduation above Late Registration and College Dropout

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)
Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 29th, '14, 07:03

Hmmm. Graduation is pretty fucking good too imo but it doesn't make the top 3.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 07:07

Blogs McGooch wrote:Hmmm. Graduation is pretty fucking good too imo but it doesn't make the top 3.

For me, it's a long way away in quality from College Dropout and Late Registration.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 07:31

Menzo wrote:As if "Cum On Everybody" > "Rock Bottom" > "Just Don't Give A Fuck" isn't as 'jarring' as "Brainless" > STIW

But unlike those three tracks, STIW is shit. And it's not quite as jarring because Rock Bottom doesn't have Em singing about some random bitch he banged (there is no indication that it's Kim)

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Aftermath Forever » Sep 29th, '14, 12:28

Snakebeast wrote:
Aftermath Forever wrote:The Eminem Show
Marshall Mathers LP
Relapse
Slim Shady L.P.
MMLP2
Encore
Recovery

MMLP2 would be higher if it didn't have Survival and The Monster

The only lows of mmlp2 are Survival and The Monster? What about STIW?

And on Relapse, we have....

Medicine Ball
We Made You
Underground
Insane
Crack a Bottle
Old Time's Sake

STIW is bad but not as bad as Survival and Monster..... Oh and also the song Asshole sucks! LOL
I actually love all those tracks on Relapse :flutter:
Shady, Aftermath
G-G-G-G, G-Unit!
Aftermath Forever
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 13:48

Aftermath Forever wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Aftermath Forever wrote:The Eminem Show
Marshall Mathers LP
Relapse
Slim Shady L.P.
MMLP2
Encore
Recovery

MMLP2 would be higher if it didn't have Survival and The Monster

The only lows of mmlp2 are Survival and The Monster? What about STIW?

And on Relapse, we have....

Medicine Ball
We Made You
Underground
Insane
Crack a Bottle
Old Time's Sake

STIW is bad but not as bad as Survival and Monster..... Oh and also the song Asshole sucks! LOL
I actually love all those tracks on Relapse :flutter:

How is The Monster worse than STIW? All three verses on The Monster range from great to fantastic, while STIW has two very horribly sung verses and a final lackluster rapped verse. So you're telling me Asshole and The Monster suck, but you listen to this and think "yeah man that's pretty good"

Took his eye out, picked it up and played ping-pong
Then he played ping-pong with his own ding-dong
That motherfucker's got nuts like King Kong

I don't think you actually listen to lyrics, Mr. Relapse stan.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Aftermath Forever » Sep 29th, '14, 14:10

Don't get me wrong Snakebeast, by saying those songs suck I hate them only because of the cheesy choruses :facepalm
Otherwise I love the rap verses on all three it's just that the chorus ruins my vibe lol
and I can't be a Relapse stan cause if I was it would be number 1 on my list not number 3 :smoking:
Shady, Aftermath
G-G-G-G, G-Unit!
Aftermath Forever
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Snakebeast » Sep 29th, '14, 16:20

Aftermath Forever wrote:Don't get me wrong Snakebeast, by saying those songs suck I hate them only because of the cheesy choruses :facepalm
Otherwise I love the rap verses on all three it's just that the chorus ruins my vibe lol
and I can't be a Relapse stan cause if I was it would be number 1 on my list not number 3 :smoking:

So you prioritize hooks over verses. And yes, you can be a Relapse stan and have it at number 3. You put it above SSLP for fuck's sake.

Menzo wrote:
Snakebeast wrote:
Menzo wrote:As if "Cum On Everybody" > "Rock Bottom" > "Just Don't Give A Fuck" isn't as 'jarring' as "Brainless" > STIW

But unlike those three tracks, STIW is shit. And it's not quite as jarring because Rock Bottom doesn't have Em singing about some random bitch he banged (there is no indication that it's Kim)

That wasn't the question at hand, so I don't care if you think it's shit.

Like I said before, Rock Bottom doesn't suddenly have Em singing of all things on a totally serious corny love song.

Snakebeast
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Xcoyote » Sep 30th, '14, 03:08

SSLP
TES
MMLP
Relapse
MMLP2
Recovery
Encore
Infinite
Xcoyote
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Jaba » Oct 1st, '14, 01:12

Aftermath Forever wrote:Don't get me wrong Snakebeast, by saying those songs suck I hate them only because of the cheesy choruses :facepalm

Cheesy Choruses? Relapse has tons of great choruses? And imo Insane is one of Em's best choruses all time. :worship:
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 1st, '14, 01:16

Xcoyote wrote:SSLP
TES
MMLP
Relapse
MMLP2