The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rank Eminem's albums

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rank Eminem's albums thread

Postby Eedee » Oct 20th, '13, 07:06

I CARE WHAT YOU THINK LOOKIN' BOI
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby mdemaz » Oct 20th, '13, 07:09

His flow on Infinite is actually pretty impressive.

I'm bumping Never 2 Far.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby VINTAGƎ » Oct 21st, '13, 01:58

1. Eminem Show 10/10
2. Marshall Mathers 10/10
3. Slim Shady 10/10
4. Recovery 9/10
5. Relapse 7/10
6. Infinite 6/10
7. Encore 4/10

I think, like most people, his first three are untouchable and rank in some sort of top 3 order.

Lurking on here for a while before joining, I noticed Recovery getting a lot of hate. I don't think I know anyone in real life who prefers Relapse to Recovery.

Relapse was lyrically, fantastic. His best work in terms of technical skill, but the accents and the themes killed it for me. I've been listening to Em since I was 11. I'm 25 now. The serial killer shock rap stuff was cool and edgy when I was younger, but it felt forced on Relapse.

Recovery had more diverse subject matter. Introspective songs like Talkin 2 Myself and Going Through Changes, motivational songs like Not Afraid and Cinderella Man. Funny songs like WTP. Twisted relationship songs like Spacebound and Love The Way You Lie, and songs where he's just going off like Cold Wind Blows, On Fire, Untitled, Almost Famous.

I know some people would argue the beats made it inconsistent and it didn't flow smoothly, but personally it felt like, a breath of fresh air. Relapse 2 would have buried his career commercially. Only the super hardcore Shady fans would appreciate a Relapse 2. Let's be honest, this man is doing whatever he can to cement his legacy as one of the most respected emcees of all time and a lot of hip hop heads were not into Relapse. Putting out part 2 would have put him deeper in the hole.

Encore was terrible. The only album of his with no redeeming qualities for me. Not his verses, not the production, not the hooks, the subject matter, the humor. It's the only black eye on his resume to me.

Everything else is solid to classic.

Versatility is one of Em's greatest weapons. There's a little something for everyone. I prefer the Eminem Show/8 Mile era and any songs where he's going off sans accent and is just spitting clever rhymes nonstop.
VINTAGƎ
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CiNDeReLLa_MaN » Oct 23rd, '13, 02:06

The Eminem Show
Encore (first album I got, only song I dislike is Big Weenie)
The Marshall Mathers LP
Relapse/Recovery (I like more songs on Relapse, but I need to be in the mood for those accents)
The Slim Shady LP
Infinite
CiNDeReLLa_MaN
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby COLORADO » Oct 23rd, '13, 02:19

MMLP / TES
SSLP
Recovery
Relapse
Encore
Infinite
"So one last time, I’m back
Before it fades into black and it’s all over
Behold the final chapter in the saga,
Trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle twice
The magic that started it all
Tragic portrait of an artist tortured
Trapped in his own drawings
Tapping the thoughts
Blacker and darker than anything imaginable
Here goes a wild stab in the dark
As we pick up the last Mathers’ last art"

Eminem, Bad Guy
COLORADO
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Corpse_Welder » Oct 23rd, '13, 03:13

Slim Shady LP- This album may be a bit too underground compared to modern Eminem, but when My Name Is dropped in '99 we all took notice and said WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?! Then of course it's full of classic Slim Shady goodness like Cum on Everybody. The reason this album can never be topped for me is this is 100% as real as it could ever get. You have a man fighting to get by and the songs show that. By MMLP he was already the subject of controversy and also getting paid handsomely. SSLP is the purest form of Eminem, imo.

Marshall Mathers LP- Maybe more than any other album, this album is full of near perfect songs. The Real Slim Shady is like a historical piece of the '00-'01 era (completely badass years). My one complaint is Under the Influence because of me not being a D12 fan.

The Eminem Show- While this album has some ridiculous highs, the lower end is starting to show by this point. Again with the D12 appearance, and Say What You Say being a bit redundant lyrically. My main complaint with this album is the subject matter becomes a little less authentic...moving away from people being able to relate to being poor or having a horrible family. Still, this is a 95+/100 album

Relapse- Just fucking fun. Haters can go listen to Recovery instead, but this album was all for the fans who missed Slim

Recovery- Steep drop off from Relapse here, and really a 1/2 and 1/2 album for me where I only listen to about half of it regularly. When it first dropped I was ecstatic and loved it all then the newness wore off and I usually skip tracks 2-5, not afraid, cinderella man, etc. I can't say I blame him though because his image was in the toilet pretty much. All I can say is you can tell who this album was pandered towards

Infinite- I first heard Infinite years and years ago when file sharing was really hot and I loved it. I'm a big sucker for underground anyway but this is REAL, just a bit generic. I still listen to it, but I listen to Slim Shady EP a shitload more

Encore- Oh Encore....at least I doubt Em could ever disappoint this badly again. I usually skip all but 2 songs from this, Mockingbird and LbTS. I think by this point, rap was no longer a challenge and the pills and fame really twisted his reality. But no love lost, Em, every great artist has one shitter
Corpse_Welder
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby kpprasa » Oct 25th, '13, 03:28

TES- This in my mind is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, rap album of all time. Jesus Christ, this album edges out MMLP because even though it is slightly less consistent, it has some of his best songs and really touches on several areas from his personal life, to the culture of America and the world, to some random spewing shit.

MMLP- His most consistent album and it has gems like Criminal, Stan, Who Knew, The Way I Am, etc. He gets real personal, but it doesn't have that change the world shit on there like Sing for the Moment (in my mind undoubtedly one of his top 3 songs) or White America.

SSLP- He's definitely Slim on here, but it lacks the personal aspect of his next two. However, he never again has made songs that are quite like his vintage slim shit like As the World Turns or Brain Damage or JDGAF or SDGAF. Damn I miss those songs...

Relapse/ Recovery- Depends on my mood. There's a massive gap between SSLP and these. Those previous three are top ten all time rap albums with the top two being top 5, these aren't in top 25. His wordplay on some songs on Relapse is unreal like SWA or 3 am. Some Recovery songs are pretty good. Solid albums overall.

Infinite- good wordplay. generic and boring.

Encore- IMO Em's only bad album. This album has a total of 3 good songs and some absolute horseshit like my first single, ass like that, puke, etc. He had really gotten heavy into drugs at this point.
I walk around like a space cadet, place your bets
Who's likely to become a serial killer? Case of tourettes
Fuck, fuck, fuck! Can't take the stress
I make a mess as the day progresses
Angry and take it out on the neighbors hedges like this is how I'll cut
Your face up bitches with these hedge trimming scissors with razor edges
Imagination's dangerous, it's the only way to escape this mess
And make the best of this situation, I guess
kpprasa
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Stevencc » Oct 30th, '13, 22:17

Well I have listened to the new album in it's entirety twice now. I've rated all the tracks minus skits and come up with the average score out of 5. The best tracks are just the highest rated tracks on the albums, they don't all share the same ratings. For example SSLP has two 5 star tracks for me whereas TES has none, but it hs 4 4.5 rated tracks.

1. MMLP - 4.3/5 (Best track/s - Stan, The Way I am, I'm Back, Drug Ballad)
2. SSLP - 3.92/5 (Best track/s - If I Had, Rock Bottom)
3. TES - 3.73/5 (Best track/s - White America, Say Goodbye to Hollywood, Sing for the Moment, Til I Collapse)
4. Encore - 3.71/5 (Best track/s - Spend Some Time, Mockingbird)
5. Recovery - 3.70/5 (Best track/s - Love the Way you Lie)
6. Infinite - 3.45/5 (Best track/s - Infinite)
7. MMLP2 - 3.23/5 (Best track/s - Legacy)
8. Relapse - 2.96/5 (Best track/s - Beautiful)

I don't expect many people to agree with me here and I expect to get some shit for this but it's my opinion.

I enjoy them all.
Stevencc
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby UofLCard » Oct 31st, '13, 06:10

Now with MMLP2:

1. MMLP
2. SSLP
3. Eminem Show
4. MMLP 2
5. Recovery
6. Relapse
7. Encore
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Jimmy Conway » Oct 31st, '13, 17:13

1.MMLP
2.Eminem Show
3.SSLP
4.Relapse
5.MMLP2
6.Recovery
7.Infinite
8.Encore
It's the body bag game bitch I'm supplying coffins
Jimmy Conway
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Stevencc » Oct 31st, '13, 17:49

Ignore my previous post, the bit about MMLP2 anyway.

I found a higher quality download, listened to it twice through while reading the lyrics and I realised I was too quick to judge it. It is much better than I thought after my first listening.
Stevencc
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Notalius » Oct 31st, '13, 21:09

MMLP
TES
MMLP2
SSLP
Relapse
Recovery
Encore

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby kpprasa » Nov 3rd, '13, 02:38

TES
MMLP2/MMLP
SSLP
Relapse
Recovery

Encore
I walk around like a space cadet, place your bets
Who's likely to become a serial killer? Case of tourettes
Fuck, fuck, fuck! Can't take the stress
I make a mess as the day progresses
Angry and take it out on the neighbors hedges like this is how I'll cut
Your face up bitches with these hedge trimming scissors with razor edges
Imagination's dangerous, it's the only way to escape this mess
And make the best of this situation, I guess
kpprasa
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jens14 » Nov 3rd, '13, 21:37

#1. TES.
#2. MMLP.
#3. SSLP.
#4. MMLP 2.
#5. Recovery.
#6. Encore.
#7. Relapse.
#8. Infinite.
Jens14
Renegade
Renegade

Postby speckzo » Nov 5th, '13, 04:11

I'm aware that Recovery and Encore are lower as best albums go but these are my personal favorite as how much I personally enjoy.

1. MMLP
2. MMLP2 = TES
3. Recovery
4. Relapse
5. Encore
6. SSLP
7. Infinite

The best albums in factual order

1. MMLP
2. TES =MMLP2
3. SSLP
4. Relapse
5. Infinite
6. Recovery
7. Encore
CALLED IT!

speckzo wrote: "Bad Guy" will have part of the Scarface speech in it or sample the "Criminal" line "I'm the bad guy who makes fun of people..."
speckzo
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat