The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Rate the Shady Records artists.

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Rate the Shady Records artists.

Postby Mr Change » Sep 19th, '14, 14:51

Eminem 8.8
Slaughterhouse 7 (Bland as I'll get out, but all 4 are solid 'rappers')
Yelawolf 7.5 (Creative)
50 Cent 7.5
Bad Meets Evil 8
D 12 7.8

Hard to judge though... Bad Meets Evil has one album and D 12 sort haven't even existed so...
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr Change » Sep 19th, '14, 17:37

Aone10 wrote:
Mr Change wrote:Eminem 8.8

No way that Eminem is only 1.8 better than SH

You got a point. When I started I decided to use a scale in which Em wasn't 10/10 but forgot to judge everyone else accordingly.

In that case;

Eminem 10/10
Slaughterhouse 5/10
Yelawolf 7.5/10
BME 7.8/10
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby TheBoss123 » Sep 19th, '14, 19:35

Mr Change wrote:
Aone10 wrote:
Mr Change wrote:Eminem 8.8

No way that Eminem is only 1.8 better than SH

You got a point. When I started I decided to use a scale in which Em wasn't 10/10 but forgot to judge everyone else accordingly.

In that case;

Eminem 10/10
Slaughterhouse 5/10
Yelawolf 7.5/10
BME 7.8/10

I think this is the problem with a 10 point scale. It makes things appear way closer than they are even if its not intended that way. I dont think numerical systems for judging things are really the best way to go anyway, even though us humans really like to put a number on everything. Once you can quantify something, it has to be compared to everything in that category. I think a better way to do it, would be a description and let the words speak for themsleves.

But..... rating things is fun so.. :p
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Excita » Sep 19th, '14, 20:01

Eminem 10/10 - Motherfucker's best rapper ever, what do you expect.
Yelawolf 8.5/10 - That new shit sounds very interesting.
BME 7.5/10 - Royce sounds very boring on some tracks, Em verses are on the point.
D12 8/10 - From the material what we have right now, but i know the new stuff is going to kick them asses !
Slaughterhouse 1.5/10 - they suck lol
50 Cent 7.5/10 - Guy made some classics but there are too much them mehhh tracks.
Obie Trice 8/10 - He definitely has some skills, and i like the production that he has on his tracks.
Stat Quo 3/10 - Mehh, some verses were enjoyable
Bobby Creekwater 1/10 - What the fuck was Em thinking about.
Cashis 5/10 - boss, has his own forum and shit
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aquamarina » Sep 21st, '14, 20:27

nobody can give a single reason why they dislike slaughterhouse? lol the bandwagoning of hate & praise on TR is incredible.
I was born to brew up storms, stir up shit, kick up dust, cuss till i slur up spit.
Grew up, to quick, went through to much, knew too much shit. Corrupt
And I'ma pour it on like syrup bitch.
[code][/code]
Aquamarina
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Excita » Sep 21st, '14, 21:00

Fucking killed it.
Excita
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Evil » Sep 21st, '14, 21:21

Excita wrote:Fucking killed it.

Amen.
S/O to Bizarre for wearing a WonderBra

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Horse wrote:Evil for 2015 vet
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Aquamarina » Sep 22nd, '14, 08:45

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Aquamarina wrote:nobody can give a single reason why they dislike slaughterhouse? lol the bandwagoning of hate & praise on TR is incredible.

Slaughterhouse.

They're boring. They have no chemistry as a group. Crooked I is good for literally nothing but rambling on about how sick he is while not saying anything in the end because he doesn't know how to not sacrifice meaning for rhymes. Joell hasn't done anything but yell "YAOWA!!!" 5 times in each one of his verses since 2009. Royce always sounds bored with Slaughterhouse, and Budden just doesn't work well with them. He's best solo. Everything they've put out after their EP in 2011 has been the same exact thing: a song either led by Royce or Budden about how good they are or how sad they are. Their newest mixtape is fucking terrible, it's a bunch of beats that sound like they were cut from their album because they weren't good enough and just a bunch of throwaway lyrics that they decided to use because they were too lazy to make anything new. They were an awesome idea in 2008-2009 and they made great music, but they succumbed to the criticism that they didn't sound like they were making actual songs. I think that's a really stupid thing to complain about, because their shit sounded like an album of cyphers between a bunch of good friends. I think that sounded great. That showed that they could work well in the studio. Now, though, they just sound like a bunch of rappers who decided to reach out to each other and emailed each other verses, then said "well that's that, that's a wrap" because that's what they think making "actual songs" is like.

There. Don't call it bandwagoning, because it's not. It's just that nobody gives enough of a fuck about Slaughterhouse to waste their time typing why they dislike them, because they've all done it so many times before.

And I'm the last thing from a bandwagoner. If I actually cared about what the music tastes of other people, I'd go around yelling about how Relapse is near classic and Recovery sucks, which I is something I do not think in the slightest (I think they're both whatever, especially after MMLP2). I just think you don't have the mental capacity to grasp the concept of the majority of other people thinking differently than you do. Hardly anybody on this forum is a bandwagoner. If someone like CP, Pain, Aone10, Mr. Evil, Trimss, or bigray says something, it comes from that person, nobody else.

Clearly a little sensitive about the bandwagon comment, super mature commenting on my mental capacity as well lol relax bro no harm no foul... and I personally don't think the world of Slaughterhouse, but i don't think their work is absolute garbage like most people here, was just looking for an explanation behind the almost identical rating of everyone in this thread. BTW the whole "Crooked I is good for nothing but rambling about how sick he is" thing, as much as it pains me to say, the same can be said for post relapse Em. I LOVE mmlp2, and he was effective in cutting back those filler bars but they still exist.. Anyways.. thanks for the explanation and sticking up for your internet buddies over the so dramatically insulting claim of being "bandwagoners." lol relax dude theres actually life beyond posting literally 10 thousand times on trshady.
I was born to brew up storms, stir up shit, kick up dust, cuss till i slur up spit.
[code][/code]
Aquamarina
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Aquamarina » Sep 22nd, '14, 08:52

everyone rating d12 super high like they've even dropped any music in the last 10 years LMAO
[code][/code]
Aquamarina
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mr Evil » Sep 22nd, '14, 09:44

I listen to the two D12 albums frequently though and like pretty much all of their songs.
The problem with Slaughterhouse is -as previously stated- that the 4 MC's just do not gel well at all, they're verses seem totally disconnected like they each wrote it in a totally separate room without any of the other members around. Their choice of beats on Our House was also Abysmal, there was one or two ones that grew on me after a whole but nothing I would call great. If I stick on Devil's Night or D12 World I can pick out loads of total bangers.
I will admit: no matter how good the other members verses are, Eminem does carry most songs (especially with a beastly hook)

CanadaPure wrote:Mr Evil and I will have to mud wrestle with Hesky to get him under control
Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 22nd, '14, 10:03

Aquamarina wrote:nobody can give a single reason why they dislike slaughterhouse? lol the bandwagoning of hate & praise on TR is incredible.

Mr Evil wrote:they fucked up BIG
Last edited by mdemaz on Sep 22nd, '14, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby DƎRDYPK » Sep 22nd, '14, 10:06

The 5 D12 fans on here catching feels rn
acting like they wasn't hyping up for that SH album

Now they riding on the Korndork/YelaWOAT express, chugga chugga
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Sep 22nd, '14, 15:36

Aquamarina wrote:seems like everyone is bandwagon hating on slaughterhouse... I'm not saying they're my favorite.. CERTAINLY more deserving than the 3/10, and 5/10 I'm seeing.

This.
You can't give BME 8/10 and then 2/10 to SH.
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Evil » Sep 22nd, '14, 17:51

DƎRDYPK wrote:The 5 D12 fans on here catching feels rn

I wasn't here for that album and didn't hear it until late 2013 :shifty:
Yela is very good though

Mr Evil
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Sep 22nd, '14, 18:49

DƎRDYPK wrote:The 5 D12 fans on here catching feels rn

Having been excited for an album doesn't mean it isn't shit when it comes out and is definitely shit tho.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat