The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do you think Em's moves in the rap scene are questionable?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Do you think Em's moves in the rap scene are questionabl

Postby UnoDeuce » Sep 26th, '14, 19:20

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
UnoDeuce wrote:I completely agree. Although he's maintaining respect, he's losing relevancy...remember back in 09-10, with Despicable, all those features...I liked that. I wish he would do more freestyles and remixes over hot beats these days. Just not in him though, i guess.

792k copies sold in the first week. Second biggest opening week sales for last year. That's not losing relevancy by any means.

Obviously not mainstream relevancy. I'm talking about in the rap game. Not many rappers are begging for Em verses anymore because although he's cemented himself as a legend, he's not known for getting on a dope beat and spitting tight one liners, which seems to be the thing now.
"But most importantly, hip hop isn’t dead no more you see
Cause Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for MCs
Unfortunately the little nigga's like 4 ft 3, the guys a fuckin' midget
His high is still really short to me" -Hopsin
(I love Kendrick, but this shit was too funny)
UnoDeuce
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Do you think Em's moves in the rap scene are questionabl

Postby kkaniff » Sep 26th, '14, 19:58

When you're a legend/old timer in the game, you either learn to adapt to the times, which requires endless charisma, the ability to predict trends and follow them without actually seeming to do so. (the Jay Z method)
or
You increase your value by absence, make a feature verse/verse/news from you so valuable that it's rumoured that you don't even accept money, you just do them as personal favors. (The 3k and Eminem method)
Which is better if you want to keep releasing music for a long time see Sade, Prince etc.
I've said this before, but Eminem is practically a master at the latter (along with being an evil genius at marketing himself), which is part of the reason why when Eminem gets featured, there's usually so much hype.
The second reason is that Em has (probably intentionally) made himself a sort of standard for dopeness/lyricism/MCing, which is why Love Game got so much hype; because Em had made it a point to get on a track with each of the kings of the new school since 09, and murk them.
He did it to Weezy.
Did it to BoB.
Did it to Nicki.
Did it to Drake.
Just did it to Kenny.
You can't tell me that shit isn't intentional.
I lost my train of thought somewhere around ^, but meh.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Shady Chit-Chat