The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Paul and Interscope

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Paul and Interscope

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 26th, '14, 08:00

I don't know why, but I feel like post relapse they've prevented him from doing what he REALLY wants to do in terms of collaboration. I feel like by Now, if their influence wasn't so great on Marshall, we would of seen:

More Dre involvement
A Nas feature
Alchemist or Premo production on a record (could change with SHADYXV)
Bass Brothers production, To name a few.

Remember how Paul brought up the idea of working with Rubin? Not to say working with Rubin was a Bad thing, cause it wasn't. But I'm saying I feel like that was mostly Paul's doing, along with the blond hair and MMLP2 concept (maybe)?
I feel like since his comeback, Paul and Interscope make suggestions and for the most part, Em just goes a long with them. Recovery is the best example of this. You really think that if Em had complete or Majority (major majority) control, recovery would come about? Absolutely not. I remember reading that the label wanted him to do Recovery after the criticism of Relapse.
I think that Interscope has more influence and ’Push' than Paul does. Really sad to be honest.
Oh and I really didn't like how hr was in the Recovery era in terms of Interviews. Seems like he was afraid of drawing any more criticism.
And its kind of annoying how he ALWAYS plays it safe in interviews when questions come about Collabs, opinions on other rappers, etc. (Hes dope, we have great chemistry, he's doing his thing etc.)

This is just my opinion btw

Thoughts?
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Paul and Interscope

Postby mdemaz » Sep 26th, '14, 08:06

Eminem never gets to do what he wants anymore thanks to Interscope.
That's why a lot of these rappers don't wanna listen to Em's new music because it's heartbreaking.

Says every Illuminati conspiracy theorist retard.
Last edited by mdemaz on Sep 26th, '14, 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby slims » Sep 26th, '14, 08:57

Those are things you want, not things he would have done.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Notalius » Sep 26th, '14, 09:21

Em and Em alone is the reason why we got Recovery.

Relapse still sold like almost 5mil copies.

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Sep 26th, '14, 13:09

we got Relapse because we were too dumb to appreciate the album when it was released (not all of us, but I would say a big part of the fans trashed it)

Em always says that he doesnt give a fuck but in fact I've never seen an artist that gives more fucks about criticism than Eminem. The news about Relapse criticism and "low" sales got him wanting to be on top again, then he made Recovery, working with popular producers and using an agressive tone

relapse 2 doe :'(

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Sep 26th, '14, 13:38

Notalius wrote:Em and Em alone is the reason why we got Recovery.

Relapse still sold like almost 5mil copies.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Sep 26th, '14, 17:12

I agree with OP however I think Em does have more creative control than some of us more skeptical ppl would like to think but at the same time there's probably a lot of stuff that goes on behind closed doors that we don't know about
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Josh » Sep 26th, '14, 18:02

Raul wrote:
relapse 2:'(

:flutter: :wub:
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby SG. » Sep 26th, '14, 20:09

Let me break down your list for you.

Dre production - Dre doesn't produce anymore, anybody with an IQ over 4 can see that.
Nas feature - Outside of Recovery, Em doesn't go outside his comfort zone with features. It's either people he's extremely linked to or people who are extremely linked to them.
Alchemist / Premo production - StreetRunner, S1, M-Phazes, Sid Roams, Cardiak, Frank Dukes, DVLP and Frequency produced on MMLP2. These aren't poppy producers, so why would Alchemist and Premo be blocked by Paul & Interscope?
Bass Brothers production - Em and the Bass Brothers haven't be very friendly to each other over the past few years. Maybe that's about to change, but don't be an idiot, this is a personal problem.

And then you go on to criticise Paul for making a good decision? Right, that makes sense. And the blond hair / MMLP2 concept being his idea? No shit, it's marketing, he's his manager, it's his job.

Scapegoating Em's management is idiotic when clearly these are his decisions.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby skc_ » Sep 26th, '14, 20:50

The accents killed everything. If hed done relapse without them, errbody would have liked it and he would have had no reason to change his style, everything would be fine.
But im not agreeing he is forced to do stuff he doesnt want to. Think hes big enough to do what he wants. Even if the label would say no do this and that, he could always say you make this album or i leave. No label would let eminem go. Think he always listens too much to the public. If many ppl say they like his stuff, he likes it, if they dont, he doesnt. He seems to be a relatively not selfconfident in that regard.
skc_
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby UofLCard » Sep 27th, '14, 00:23

Raul wrote:relapse 2 doe :'(

:console: You would've been gutted had you posted on here in 2010 and saw the "Relapse 2 bonus card"; it of course turned out to be phoney.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Mr Change » Sep 27th, '14, 00:29

skc_ wrote:The accents killed everything. If hed done relapse without them, errbody would have liked it and he would have had no reason to change his style, everything would be fine.

While the accents did aid in the Relapse hate/criticism, you can't honestly tell me that everyone would've liked it if only he didn't use the accents...

It's still Em's comeback album where he decided to make the majority of the album about serial killing, stalking, and rape.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby JimShady » Sep 27th, '14, 02:33

Mr Change wrote:
skc_ wrote:The accents killed everything. If hed done relapse without them, errbody would have liked it and he would have had no reason to change his style, everything would be fine.

While the accents did aid in the Relapse hate/criticism, you can't honestly tell me that everyone would've liked it if only he didn't use the accents...

It's still Em's comeback album where he decided to make the majority of the album about serial killing, stalking, and rape.

People got put off Relapse early on because of the accents, it put me off too. We ended up overcoming the accents and some people in this forum even enjoy hearing the accents but alot of people would never give it a second chance and disregard it. If he had the 'psycho' voice on Relapse I guarantee it would be praised even with the content, people would love it, to me it would be a contender for top 3 without the accents especially with that Dre production.
Misery loves company please stay a minute
JimShady
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 27th, '14, 07:47

uote="SG."]Let me break down your list for you.

Dre production - Dre doesn't produce anymore, anybody with an IQ over 4 can see that.
Nas feature - Outside of Recovery, Em doesn't go outside his comfort zone with features. It's either people he's extremely linked to or people who are extremely linked to them.
Alchemist / Premo production - StreetRunner, S1, M-Phazes, Sid Roams, Cardiak, Frank Dukes, DVLP and Frequency produced on MMLP2. These aren't poppy producers, so why would Alchemist and Premo be blocked by Paul & Interscope?
Bass Brothers production - Em and the Bass Brothers haven't be very friendly to each other over the past few years. Maybe that's about to change, but don't be an idiot, this is a personal problem.

And then you go on to criticise Paul for making a good decision? Right, that makes sense. And the blond hair / MMLP2 concept being his idea? No shit, it's marketing, he's his manager, it's his job.

Scapegoating Em's management is idiotic when clearly these are his decisions.[/quote]

Wasn't it the lawsuit with the label, and not personal feelings doe?
I never said he made bad decisions; of course the blond hair marketing is a fantastic idea and such. What I meant by that is that its not authentic, like he did it to market and sell, not because he truly wanted to. Remember how he said during the recovery era that he didn't want to dye it back because it reminds him of the person hr once was? And then he dyes it back? Yeah, my point. However maybe during that transitional period he decided he personally wanted to dye it back, I don't know.
Paul's obviously very good at his job, and knows what he's doing,but the point of my post was that sometimes I feel like their influences reside over Em a little more than Ems own influence, hence why the questionable features/production choices, and the way the marketing in this handled feels inauthenic at times. At least to me. However I don't personally know them or work with them I'm just stating my opinion. Don't have to like it don't have to agree with it but just acknowledge that it's just an opinion

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TranSlucEnt » Sep 27th, '14, 07:53

I know Em has a say in all these things, I'm just saying that Paul and Interscope havr a say in it too and sometimes I feel like it dominates over Ems

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat