The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Very, very little thing I don't like about MMLP2

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Very, very little thing I don't like about MMLP2

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Oct 11th, '14, 00:45

The beat is never allowed to just run for a little while at the beginning or at the end. The only time it happens is for 5 seconds at the beginning of Rhyme or Reason. Any other time Em isn't rapping, the beat is watered-down or has no drums so it doesn't actually sound like a beat. I know letting the beat run doesn't add anything substantial to the song, but Em has done it on all his other albums and I just like it for some reason. It makes the song more badass.
Jump around.

TES>MMLP, Encore>Recovery, MMLP2>SSLP, Relapse>All
AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Very, very little thing I don't like about MMLP2

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 11th, '14, 00:46

damn... ur right.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 11th, '14, 00:47

AAAAAAAAAAND wrote:The beat is never allowed to just run for a little while at the beginning or at the end. The only time it happens is for 5 seconds at the beginning of Rhyme or Reason. Any other time Em isn't rapping, the beat is watered-down or has no drums so it doesn't actually sound like a beat. I know letting the beat run doesn't add anything substantial to the song, Em has done it on all his other albums and I just like it for some reason. It makes the song more badass.

It's funny you bring this up because one of the first things I noticed on my first listen was how all the songs are edited sharply like you said. I don't think it's that big of a deal but it would've made some of the better beats shine more.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 11th, '14, 00:48

i dont like that either fml :'(
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 11th, '14, 00:50

DetroitSkills wrote:i dont like that either fml :'(

It would've been nice for some songs but not all of them like Asshole for example
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 11th, '14, 00:52

berzerk with a long into with just sampled drums of billy S>>> my god... a longer rap god dun dun dun to build it up more.. so far is perfect u cant change that one tho
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Oct 11th, '14, 00:53

Blogs McGooch wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAND wrote:The beat is never allowed to just run for a little while at the beginning or at the end. The only time it happens is for 5 seconds at the beginning of Rhyme or Reason. Any other time Em isn't rapping, the beat is watered-down or has no drums so it doesn't actually sound like a beat. I know letting the beat run doesn't add anything substantial to the song, Em has done it on all his other albums and I just like it for some reason. It makes the song more badass.

It's funny you bring this up because one of the first things I noticed on my first listen was how all the songs are edited sharply like you said. I don't think it's that big of a deal but it would've made some of the better beats shine more.

It's definitely not a big deal. I like the album virtually no less than I would otherwise, but like you said, the beats on certain songs should have been showcased a bit.
Jump around.

AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 11th, '14, 00:54

AAAAAAAAAAND wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:

It's definitely not a big deal. I like the album virtually no less than I would otherwise, but like you said, the beats on certain songs should have been showcased a bit.

:y:
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 11th, '14, 00:57

StayWideAwake wrote:What's funny is that one of the first things I noticed about the album was that the songs didn't drag on with long intros or outros. I like it. I see what you mean, but really long intro/outros piss me off. Maybe a little bit of that would have been cool on some songs though.

berzerk drum intro amirite
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 11th, '14, 00:58

StayWideAwake wrote:What's funny is that one of the first things I noticed about the album was that the songs didn't drag on with long intros or outros. I like it. I see what you mean, but really long intro/outros piss me off. Maybe a little bit of that would have been cool on some songs though.

Is that one of the reasons you're not fond of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy?

Genuine question..
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AAAAAAAAAAND » Oct 11th, '14, 01:03

StayWideAwake wrote:I don't know. I can't think of an example, but do you know what I mean? Same goes for choruses that drag on for too long. It really bugs me for some reason.

I agree there's a science to it. It needs to go on just long enough or else it'll be a waste of time. Like Seduction has too long of an intro in my opinion, but something like Superman is great.
Jump around.

AAAAAAAAAAND
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 11th, '14, 01:04

StayWideAwake wrote:I can't think of an example, but do you know what I mean? Same goes for choruses that drag on for too long. It really bugs me for some reason.

Edit: @Blogs...No I don't dislike it, it just never struck me as the 11/10 mindblowing masterpiece people make it out to be. I'm determined to listen again someday in hopes of it "clicking" for me.

:y: It clicked for me by around the 3rd listen I believe
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby csw621 » Oct 11th, '14, 01:26

this reminds me of all the complaining people did when he started editing out his breathing
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Oct 11th, '14, 01:40

Yep, noticed this on first listen. I don't like it. Some of these songs/beats are practically made for a little outro but eh, its whatever
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby sbolli1 » Oct 11th, '14, 03:31

I actually noticed this awhile back.

Might be a result of his Rick collaboration, Rick loves the minimalism.
sbolli1
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat