The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV can flop?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Shady XV can flop?

Probably, yes
49%
Not, never
51%

Total votes : 47

Re: Shady XV can flop?

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 16th, '14, 20:37

Eminem could always borrow some of King Gordy's clothes for that baggy look, since Gordy is in jail.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby killshady » Oct 16th, '14, 20:43

Eminem & Shady label lost all hype from Boys 2.0 commercial company in 2011. Yella & SH flop with their albums.
Now, in 2014 SHADY XV lost hype again. This is not help for SH or Yella. This is just another Em album & make more money for Paul.

Who really cares about Shady Records in 2014? Who? This is label of past super rap stars. Only Em have power at this days. Really, this is next DEATH ROW records.

Even 50 Cent can back with G-Unit Records, but Em not. Em & Paul lost really big rap artists like 50, D12 and even Obie. And signed SH & Yella and not promoted their albums.

Even rapper Tyga from Young Money have more promotions, than Yella + SH on Shady Recrods. You just see Tyga in super rap videos with million views on YouTube. You Never Seen SH or Yella in super rap videos with more than 50 milli views.

After Eminem return in 2009, we are waiting for 5 years, and now, Shady Records officially - Label stillborn artists. Or label of one artist. Maybe Eminem rename label in Eminem Records or Slim Shady Records.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Rafael » Oct 16th, '14, 20:52

killshady wrote:You Never Seen SH or Yella in super rap videos with more than 50 milli views.

SH and Yela are in Berzerk. 117 million views.

Take your L. Close this thread.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 16th, '14, 20:55

killshady wrote:Eminem & Shady label lost all hype from Boys 2.0 commercial company in 2011. Yella & SH flop with their albums.
Now, in 2014 SHADY XV lost hype again. This is not help for SH or Yella. This is just another Em album & make more money for Paul.

The "flop" of Slaughterhouse and Yelawolfs album had to do more with the lack of advertising and the fact that the albums weren't really good. Shady dropped the ball on advertising, the artists dropped the ball on the product they put out, and it lead to "whatever" level sales.

This has nothing to do with the hype of the label itself.

killshady wrote:Who really cares about Shady Records in 2014? Who? This is label of past super rap stars. Only Em have power at this days. Really, this is next DEATH ROW records.

Who really gives a shit about MOST labels? The music industry is shit right now. Labels themselves don't have the kind of carrying power they used to. Some still have it more than others, but Shady Records status isn't really surprising.

killshady wrote:Even 50 Cent can back with G-Unit Records, but Em not. Em & Paul lost really big rap artists like 50, D12 and even Obie. And signed SH & Yella and not promoted their albums.

Obie and 50s fallouts had more to do with Interscope than Shady itself, that's not Em or Paul's fault. D12 is still on Shady, but losing Proof pretty much killed the group. Again, this is of no fault of Shady Records.

killshady wrote:Even rapper Tyga from Young Money have more promotions, than Yella + SH on Shady Recrods. You just see Tyga in super rap videos with million views on YouTube. You Never Seen SH or Yella in super rap videos with more than 50 milli views.

Tyga is a completely differed product than Slaughterhouse or Yela. The Shady Records artists are appealing to a much more niche market with what type of rap is popular now. And they're not going to get views unless they actually make an album on the label worth listening to.

killshady wrote:After Eminem return in 2009, we are waiting for 5 years, and now, Shady Records officially - Label stillborn artists. Or label of one artist. Maybe Eminem rename label in Eminem Records or Slim Shady Records.

It kind of already is named that lol.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Rafael » Oct 16th, '14, 21:03

Killshady taking Ls from everywhere lol
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby FriedSchizoprenic » Oct 16th, '14, 21:03

I feel like Shady XV would be a way more hardcore album than The Re-Up, but the help of some pop artists like Sia or probably Rihanna will help a lot on the sales of the disc.

Now, there is a little problem about the album: His cover. Don't get me wrong, is dope as fuck, but judging by the image maybe it would dont see so atractive to some people.

Again i don't believe it would flop, we live in 2014 and the marketing is bigger than ever, and Shady Records knows how to advertise his products.
ImageImageImage

hi bro i have a question do you got a problem like a problem i can resolve what you mean you are going to punch me bro i just want to see aaaah aaaah stop stop is a prank is a praaaaaaaaank
FriedSchizoprenic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 16th, '14, 21:13

FriedSchizoprenic wrote:I feel like Shady XV would be a way more hardcore album than The Re-Up, but the help of some pop artists like Sia or probably Rihanna will help a lot on the sales of the disc.

Now, there is a little problem about the album: His cover. Don't get me wrong, is dope as fuck, but judging by the image maybe it would dont see so atractive to some people.

Again i don't believe it would flop, we live in 2014 and the marketing is bigger than ever, and Shady Records knows how to advertise his products.

If anything I'd say that this is Shady Records biggest weakness, its advertising. Think back to when D12, Obie, and 50 Cent were all selling well. They were essentially able to ride Eminem's name (50 did establish his own fan base and didn't need this as much though) and sell well. I think that Shady Records still tries to do this too much.

Eminem is still big, but he's not big enough anymore to have artists exclusively riding on his name. Look at all the Eminem features Obie had on Cheers, and it sold well. I don't think there's any way in hell Obie sells like that without that much Em involvement.

And it just doesn't work anymore.
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Mike_88 » Oct 16th, '14, 21:24

killshady wrote:Who really cares about Shady Records in 2014? Who? .

Me.
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Oct 16th, '14, 21:43

Rafael wrote:Killshady taking Ls from everywhere lol

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby FriedSchizoprenic » Oct 16th, '14, 21:47

CanadaPure wrote:
FriedSchizoprenic wrote:I feel like Shady XV would be a way more hardcore album than The Re-Up, but the help of some pop artists like Sia or probably Rihanna will help a lot on the sales of the disc.

If anything I'd say that this is Shady Records biggest weakness, its advertising. Think back to when D12, Obie, and 50 Cent were all selling well. They were essentially able to ride Eminem's name (50 did establish his own fan base and didn't need this as much though) and sell well. I think that Shady Records still tries to do this too much.

Eminem is still big, but he's not big enough anymore to have artists exclusively riding on his name. Look at all the Eminem features Obie had on Cheers, and it sold well. I don't think there's any way in hell Obie sells like that without that much Em involvement.

And it just doesn't work anymore.

Know what are you saying but im talking about Shady Records actually. These guys knows how to advertise really. For example the Survival song which was first showed in the presentation of COD: Ghosts was a pretty good move and it helped a lot on the charts, or (I dont know if the label was involved in this) the fact of putting big popular pop artists such like Rihanna or Sia in Eminem singles is also a correct (And almost obligatory really) move. Correct me if im wrong in the last one anyways...

Also pretty much of the merchandise of Shady XV was sold out and overall they still giving a lot of more name to artists that nobody was really knowing. Damn bro, look to the Fast Lane video, sure this Eminem on this and blablabla but this also Royce in it, and the fact that it got 64 millons views (More than even a single such as "My name is") on Youtube is really impresive.

But i understand what are you saying...
ImageImageImage

hi bro i have a question do you got a problem like a problem i can resolve what you mean you are going to punch me bro i just want to see aaaah aaaah stop stop is a prank is a praaaaaaaaank
FriedSchizoprenic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby alphadelta » Oct 16th, '14, 22:43

Aone10 wrote:Reading the OP was a head ache....

True Wiz wrote:You really expect this to get numbers in the worst year for record sales? nah.

Considering that it's a double album, it'll definitely be the best selling album of the year. I anticipate a rough estimate of 300k, which means it'll go gold first week and will more than likely be platinum by the holidays.

It won't be a flop.

taylor swift will sell more for sure lmao
alphadelta
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 17th, '14, 00:16

tswift will sell more because the world is full of vagina having humans..
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Oct 17th, '14, 00:17

Lol surprised the results are the same
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Oct 17th, '14, 00:18

rip tyga
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Kali » Oct 17th, '14, 00:22

DetroitSkills wrote:tswift will sell more because the world is full of vagina having humans..

and because Taylor is a goddess
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat