The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV can flop?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Shady XV can flop?

Probably, yes
49%
Not, never
51%

Total votes : 47

Re: Shady XV can flop?

Postby Trey » Oct 17th, '14, 01:25

They're going to have to promote. They act like all the Shady artists will sell with Em type promotion. His shit sells on name alone. Stuff like this needs extra promotion. Shady has got to work on that. SH could be elevated and Yela could be a mega-star right now with some real promotion.
www.reddit.com/r/slumerican
http://www.reddit.com/r/slumerican

Trey Cox Graphics • facebook.com/treycox1 • @treycox57 • #EMINEM #MMLP2 #SHADYXV #YELAWOLF #LOVESTORY
Trey
Soldier
Soldier

Postby boonim » Oct 17th, '14, 07:32

Kali wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:tswift will sell more because the world is full of vagina having humans..

and because Taylor is a goddess

Well, Taylor is already a big star. But the promotion for her first single was insane. They did a big reveal, dropped the single, video, radio all on the same day. And her album has been on pre-order since then.

Eminem did not do this kind of promotion for MMLP2. And surely hasn't for ShadyXV.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Josh » Oct 17th, '14, 07:52

DetroitSkills wrote:tswift will sell more because the world is full of vagina having humans..

this is my man :y: :y:
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Oct 17th, '14, 08:35

taylor swift would look hot with my fist up her ass
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 17th, '14, 08:43

mdemaz wrote:taylor swift would look hot with my fist up her ass

Ah, the human sock puppet.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Shpongle » Oct 17th, '14, 11:19

As long as the name "Eminem" is in it, then it will definitely sell :y:
Nothing Lasts...But Nothing Is Lost...
Maynard James Keenan wrote:Life is too short NOT to create something with every breath we draw.

#TRmetal
Shpongle
Soldier
Soldier

Postby killshady » Oct 17th, '14, 18:26

i like SHADY XV cover, really like, this is like old times 2000s. (BRIT Awards, etc)

but NEW Eminem fans don't care about Shady Records and not love this cover.

You can see 1500+ (from 2000) items sale now - https://gumroad.com/l/tGsB more that 1 hour, more than 2 days. I newer seen before, after 1 hour sales, if some merchendise on sale. This is really signal, what SHADY XV can flop.

1) 1st single flop
2) album cover flop
3) Shady Records hype (?) or Eminem hype (?) - this is Eminem albums, or compilation like Re-Up.

and of course, Shady XV not can be on #1 Billboard chart for 1st week.

Sales 1st week about 150k maximum (if 75k x 2 CD)

after 2008, Eminem name on project = not guarantee 100% sales. this is have guarantee, if this is only Eminem project, not label or another artists.

CALM DOWN and Twerk can be #1 Hit Single in Billboard? Eminem on it. Who say about success with Eminem name?

after 2008 most of people don't care about affiliate Eminem projects. This is not 2003-2005 anymore.

Someone say about Young/Cash Money have 4 BIG Artist. And this is 4 artist, not 1 on Shady Records. And this is 1 artist - Eminem, with BIG name and hype since 1999 and BIG Fan Base worldwide. If we not include Eminem at this list, Shady Records at this time not have really relevant artists for music industry. And in 2005 Shady have many BIG Stars and potential new rap stars.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Plank » Oct 17th, '14, 18:27

There were more than 2000 on sale though
They're fucking with the wrong people
Image Image
Plank
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 17th, '14, 18:51

killshady wrote:i like SHADY XV cover, really like, this is like old times 2000s. (BRIT Awards, etc)

You can see 1500+ (from 2000) items sale now - https://gumroad.com/l/tGsB more that 1 hour, more than 2 days. I newer seen before, after 1 hour sales, if some merchendise on sale. This is really signal, what SHADY XV can flop.

1) 1st single flop
2) album cover flop
3) Shady Records hype (?) or Eminem hype (?) - this is Eminem albums, or compilation like Re-Up.

after 2008, Eminem name on project = not guarantee 100% sales. this is have guarantee, if this is only Eminem project, not label or another artists.

CALM DOWN and Twerk can be #1 Hit Single in Billboard? Eminem on it. Who say about success with Eminem name?

after 2008 most of people don't care about affiliate Eminem projects. This is not 2003-2005 anymore.

Someone say about Young/Cash Money have 4 BIG Artist. And this is 4 artist, not 1 on Shady Records. And this is 1 artist - Eminem, with BIG name and hype since 1999 and BIG Fan Base worldwide. If we not include Eminem at this list, Shady Records at this time not have really relevant artists for music industry. And in 2005 Shady have many BIG Stars and potential new rap stars.

How does an album cover flop lol? No one cares about an album cover except for the the more hardcore fans. That reveal was for us.

Guts Over Fear was also hardly promoted at all. Do you want it to flop? You seem pretty intent on proving that it will.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Oct 17th, '14, 18:55

TheBoss123 wrote:
killshady wrote:i like SHADY XV cover, really like, this is like old times 2000s. (BRIT Awards, etc)

1) 1st single flop
2) album cover flop

How does an album cover flop lol? No one cares about an album cover except for the the more hardcore fans. That reveal was for us.

Guts Over Fear was also hardly promoted at all. Do you want it to flop? You seem pretty intent on proving that it will.

Yeezus album cover wins album of the year and 8 other grammy awards

Yeezus album cover 100/100 metacritic rating

Yeezus album cover wikipedia page-
"Upon release, the album cover was met with worldwide critical acclaim, earning nominations for many music awards and placing high on many year-end lists."

"That album cover really changed the game" -Sputnik music

"The greatest piece of art every created" -Pitchfork

"Dope"- Eminem's clone
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Whitefox » Oct 18th, '14, 05:36

I'm sure Shady XV will do around 200k in first week, which isnt that bad nowadays.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Blackquill » Oct 18th, '14, 06:33

Raul wrote:
Rafael wrote:Killshady taking Ls from everywhere lol

enough to play Tetris with
Blackquill
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mdemaz » Oct 18th, '14, 07:49

em cant really flop

hes worth over 170 mil
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 18th, '14, 08:02

1) 1st single flop
2) album cover flop

That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby slimmatters » Oct 18th, '14, 10:16

killshady wrote:after 2008, Eminem name on project = not guarantee 100% sales. this is have guarantee, if this is only Eminem project, not label or another artists.

after 2008 Eminem has released 4 projects and all of them peaked at #1 pos. on the bilboard 200 chart
Recovery was the highest selling album among all genres of 2010
MMLP2 was the 2nd best selling album among all genres in 2013
Relapse was highest selling rap album in 2009
HTS did very well for an EP.
Eminem's name guarantees more sales than most of the new and popular artists.
Probably only Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Justin Timberlake can do better when it comes to album sales on a regular basis
Bitch take 3 biscuits, one for you, one mine
and now bend over to take the 3rd from behind
I'm fucking misogynistic, I ain't giving a f**k to you tonight
slimmatters
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat