The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV can flop?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Shady XV can flop?

Probably, yes
49%
Not, never
51%

Total votes : 47

Re: Shady XV can flop?

Postby runSA » Oct 18th, '14, 11:29

It wont flop because em has too big of a fanbase so it will sell more than other rap albums that came out this year
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby bcooper21 » Oct 18th, '14, 13:11

It wont flop look at bad meets evil it will do near them numbers not near a solo eminem album obvious but it will be successful.
bcooper21
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby killshady » Oct 18th, '14, 22:39

slimmatters wrote:
killshady wrote:after 2008, Eminem name on project = not guarantee 100% sales. this is have guarantee, if this is only Eminem project, not label or another artists.

after 2008 Eminem has released 4 projects and all of them peaked at #1 pos. on the bilboard 200 chart
Recovery was the highest selling album among all genres of 2010
MMLP2 was the 2nd best selling album among all genres in 2013
Relapse was highest selling rap album in 2009
HTS did very well for an EP.
Eminem's name guarantees more sales than most of the new and popular artists.
Probably only Taylor Swift, Beyonce and Justin Timberlake can do better when it comes to album sales on a regular basis

probably we are talked about 2 different things.

you say - this is next solo Eminem album.
i'm say - this is new Shady Records project.

Who right?

How many copies and hype have Shady Records projects like Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse and Bad Meets Evil? You compare this projects with 50 Cent, D12 and Obie???

This is all about Shady Records artists, this is not about next solo Eminem album.

Who say, Shady XV not flop, because this is EMINEM name, really like zombie. Just see results of poll - men lie, woman lie, numbers never lie!

I'm see on SHADY XV, like on hype for Shady Records (not for Eminem, because this is not Eminem album and this is project for label and artists on label). And SHADY XV flop, if you see on it, like on Shady Records project and Shady Records artists. Even RE-UP in 2006 have more successful and hype, than SHADY XV, if we forget about sales and see on hype around this project.

Why The Re-Up flop in 2006?
1) Project not can help for Shady Records artists
2) After this release, all Shady 1.0 artist drop from label
3) In 2014, most of people remember this project only for "You Don't Know"

But You Don't Know not flop in 2006, this is was BIG Hit on tv, radio, etc, i listen this song everywhere even in Russia. 1st single off Shady XV flop, because more people forget about this song after 1 week.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Oct 18th, '14, 22:40

The fact this topic is at 8 pages epitomizes the downfall of this place.

killshady, just shut the fuck up and die.
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby UofLCard » Oct 18th, '14, 22:44

Anything with Eminem's name on it will sell, even after his mini retirement and lyrical downfall.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby boonim » Oct 18th, '14, 22:51

It's pointless to worry about whether this will flop -- we have zero control over this. Let Em and Paul worry about the hype/publicity/sales strategy. Our only concern is the music. And if you really want to worry, then worry about whether the quality of music will be compromised to ensure that it sells well. So far there is no indication (in fact no information) about this.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby killshady » Oct 18th, '14, 23:33

I see such goals in this collection:

1) Good music, better than The Re-Up
2) Increasing popularity of artists of the label
3) the good distribution of the album and its success
4) at least 1 hit, to let people know about this project
5) The release of the album label artists and the success of the album, is much larger than in 2011-2012 projects
6) label becomes a dream for new artists (now very few people would like to have on Death Row Records)

51% agreed with me. why you say, i need kill myself? i'm just talk about this thing. i'm listen eminem since 2002 and see all Up and Down of Shady Records. you are probably fucking new stan, who listen eminem since "love the way you lie" or "the monster", typical idiot, who don't know about this label. i'm remember Eminem.com in 2002, in 2003, i remember promo for ENCORE in 2004 (flash animation Eminem with Gun and release date on Encore), i remember Eminem.com in 2005 and see When I'm Gone animation in 2005-2009 years. I remember ShadyRecords.com since 2002, i remember D12online.com since 2004, i see all this really good promo for albums, i remember all this hype for every album. I really like Eminem albums and Guts Over Fear, but at this thread we talk about new Shady Records project - SHADY XV. We are not talk about next Eminem solo album.

i'm just compare old Shady Records promo for albums (before 2008) with new Shady Records albums (since 2011) and all support of Shady Records artists. This is really BIG DIFFERENT THINGS.

Shady Records + G-Unit Records in 2002-2007 years was more popular and have more BIG HIT, than now Young/Cash Money Records (who have Wayne, Drake, Minaj superstars at this days).

Why Shady Records not have super rap stars at this days? Shady Records not promoted artists, not promoted their albums and Eminem not promoted Shady Records music at this days on his concerts around the WORLD.

2002 & 2003 Eminem perform on his concerts around the world with 50 Cent, Obie and D12 for promoted their music and albums. after 2003 50 Cent create his own BIG fan base and promote G-Unit Records artists. Eminem in 2004-2006 still promote Shady Records artist on concerts - D12, Obie, Stat Quo. This is fact - Shady Records don't care about artists at this days. <-- and this is reason, why Shady XV flop, if you see on it, like on Records Label compilation.

We even not see "Home and Home" DVD, but it recorded in 2010, this is was only 1 concert with D12, 50/Unit, Trick and more guests. This is can help for Shady Records 1.0 promo.

Shady 2.0 - this is like The Re-Up era. This is officially flop era for label artists. Only Shady 1.0 era (99-2005) was really great, this is was era with BIG promo for artists, albums, live concerts around the world.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 18th, '14, 23:34

tru
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Oct 18th, '14, 23:43

killshady wrote:you are probably fucking new stan, who listen eminem since "love the way you lie" or "the monster", typical idiot, who don't know about this label.

ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby UofLCard » Oct 18th, '14, 23:50

killshady wrote:Image

This was a pointless poll. Any album has the potential to flop.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 18th, '14, 23:52

killshady wrote:Shady 2.0 - this is like The Re-Up era. This is officially flop era for label artists. Only Shady 1.0 era (99-2005) was really great, this is was era with BIG promo for artists, albums, live concerts around the world.

It's not a flop era though. The sales are consistent with the majority of music sales right now. The music industry itself is in a bad place, so of course these artists aren't going to do as well.

1999-2005 was a completely different time really, as far as music. It was easier to sell, sales were higher. Adding to that, Eminem could carry artists on his label then. He was a worldwide icon. He still sells well now, but he won't carry the label on his own (by means of his other artists selling millions due to association).

This really is a stupid thread though. I'm moving it to Shady Chit-Chat.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 19th, '14, 00:24

CanadaPure wrote:
This really is a stupid thread though.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 19th, '14, 00:44

StayWideAwake wrote:
killshady wrote:I see such goals in this collection:

1) Good music, better than The Re-Up

This is all I care about at this point. SH and Yela are never going to be "popular" in the mainstream. I hope Yelawolf continues to be in a position where he can succeed as an artist and put out music, but I'm not going to wait for the day he becomes the next 50 Cent. At the end of the day I just want great songs. I hope we can get some collaborations we've been waiting for, over some good beats and end up with some impressive verses. If it only sells 100k first week, I really won't be disappointed.

SWA spittin' the truth.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby runSA » Oct 19th, '14, 13:27

I care more about the quality of the music then the sales
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mathers » Oct 19th, '14, 13:47

runSA wrote:I care more about the quality of the music then the sales
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat