The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Shady XV can flop?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Shady XV can flop?

Probably, yes
49%
Not, never
51%

Total votes : 47

Shady XV can flop?

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:06

Probably in 2006, The Re-Up flop with #2 and selling only 390k first week (1.1 mill for all time).

This is really flop in 2006, i remember this days, when even Tony Yayo (from G-Unit) in 2005 sell 214k for 1st week on #2 Billboard and sold over 1 mill for all time.

In 2006 we have Eminem (#1 rap artist on planet), 50 Cent (probably #1 artist in USA in 2005), D12 (multy-platinum rap group), Obie Trice and some new talents like Stat Quo, Cashis, Bobby Creec. This is was with Buzz Hit "You Don't Know", and Shady Records was a dream label in 2006. Big hype, Big Artists, Big Buzz.

What we have in 2014: Eminem (still #1 artist on planet) and some noname rap projects, who previously flop (like SH and Yella), and also rap group D12 (new fans not was fans D12. Last D12 album was released in 2004). And of course single "Guts Over Fear", but this is SHADY XV like album Eminem ft. NoNames, this is not Eminem & Shady Records BIG Rapppers.

Eminem still sell 800k at first week. SH, Yella sell 50k at first week. And people forget about D12. Oh, of course "Bad Meets Evil" project - but this is like 1 more album Eminem ft. "who is this rapper" project. Ask a question - who is Royce Da 5'9" in Europe (not rap fans) and people don't know who it is, but people still remember who is 50 Cent.

In 2006 - Eminem sell 1 milli, 50 Cent sell 1 mille, D12 sell 500k, even Obie Trice can sell around 216-100k for 1st week. And this is reason, why The Re-Up was flop.

SHADY XV can help only hype from Eminem (not from Yella of SH), and people forgot about D12. If 2nd single be featuring D12, this is can more buzz (like 50 & G-Unit reunion on Summer Jam 2014) for album. And old fans go buy this album. (old fans still remebmer CD albums :y: :happy: )

I'm listen rap, since i see "Without Me" music video on MTV Russia (summer 2002) and i remeber how Shady Records was BIG label in 2002-2007 years. This is was really dream label. I'm was fan of Shady Records, i'm want Hoodie with Shady Records logo in 2006, not i'm not care about this logo in 2014, because this is logo without really BIG rappers (only Eminem BIG on Shady now), and i can buy hodie only with Eminem logo, not with Shady :(

Probably at this days, after Wayne sell 1 milli in 2008, place of Shady/G-Unit -> now this is Young/Cash Money with new multi-platinum rappers.

I remember how Eminem promote label Shady Records and artits. I remember when i see MTV EMA in 2002, whem Em come to stage with 50 and Obie. I remember whem i see Anger Magement Tour 2002 and 2005 concerts - i'm see all Shady Records artits on 1 stage with Eminem.

I never seen SH or Yella on 1 stage with Em at this days. Eminem not promote label, not promote artists. Probably this is really time for last release from this label and after this is -> Death Row records status (without new releases, only with great old music catalog.)

Who knows, maybe this is really last album on SHADY? and Yellawolf release album only on Intesrcope (like first EP) and SH goes independent. And D12 independet since 2011 (drop from Interscope and have contract only with Shady).
Last edited by killshady on Oct 15th, '14, 23:13, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Re: Shady XV can flop?

Postby Raul » Oct 15th, '14, 23:07

If promoted the right way, and if it's consistently great, it'll go at least platinum.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Plank » Oct 15th, '14, 23:08

It's a double album, so even if it's number were poor they'd be padded by the double sales stat.

Saying that, Eminem's name is enough to make this almost guaranteed not to flop
They're fucking with the wrong people
Image Image
Plank
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:09

Raul wrote:If promoted the right way, and if it's consistently great, it'll go at least platinum.

this is goes platinum, if people see this release like new EMINEM album. I'm not see really Shady Records fans at this days. This is 2014, not 2006, and read what i'm write.

probably this is last album with Shady/Interscope logo.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 15th, '14, 23:12

Eminems name alone will sell copies
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:14

DetroitSkills wrote:Eminems name alone will sell copies

you forget about "Eminem Presents: The Re-Up" sell 300k, after ENCORE can sell 1.5 milli for 1st week
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Oct 15th, '14, 23:17

300k isnt too bad tho
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:20

DetroitSkills wrote:300k isnt too bad tho

This is not bad for Tony Yayo from G-Unit in 2005/2006

someone here say "This is EMINEM" and this is sell so much, because "This is EMINEM".

After 1.5 mill ENCOVER, Re-Up with title "Eminem Presents" was floop. 300k was bad in 2006, you really forget this time, when every week someone sell around 500k-1 milli.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:22

"Shady XV" certified flop with 100k for 1st week (200k double album = 2CD)

after MMLP2 sell 800k for 1st week.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Raul » Oct 15th, '14, 23:24

since it's not a studio album, I'd be glad if Em goes at least platinum

and killshady, remember that Hell the Sequel sold only 750k after Recovery going multiplat

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TheBoss123 » Oct 15th, '14, 23:28

StayWideAwake wrote:I don't think they're going to push it like MMLP2, and I think it's telling that they didn't put Eminem or his name on the cover. I think it's a fan album. The core fans will buy it, and I think it will do okay. I don't think it needs to be anything bigger than that. For all of the people that hate when Em caters to his LTWYL fans, I don't think they put a jason mask and chainsaws on the cover to push it to 13 year old girls.

killshady wrote:
Raul wrote:If promoted the right way, and if it's consistently great, it'll go at least platinum.

this is goes platinum, if people see this release like new EMINEM album. I'm not see really Shady Records fans at this days. This is 2014, not 2006, and read what i'm write.

probably this is last album with Shady/Interscope logo.

Nope.

Paul wrote:"We don't plan on stopping anytime soon," he said. 'Marshall's always said that if [he] ever does decide that [he] doesn't wanna be in the front, then [he's] going to definitely always sort of focus on producing and releasing music. And don't make that sound like he's doing that now, because he's not. But it's something that we're planning to continue; there's no end date for us, it's an indefinite thing as far as we're concerned.

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/9570 ... z3GFpxldZt

Yeah I agree with you, it's coming across that way for sure. :y: Which I do think could be a very good thing. Not that I think he really sacrificed anything before, but I doubt we'll be getting songs like The Monster that have a certain sound to them for a specific reason. That wouldn't even necessarily be a bad thing but this seems like it has a tighter/smaller demographic they want to appeal to.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jagsphan » Oct 15th, '14, 23:31

If it sold 300k first week it wouldn't be considered a flop imo. How many artist are selling over 300k first week these days?
Jagsphan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby killshady » Oct 15th, '14, 23:32

Raul wrote:since it's not a studio album, I'd be glad if Em goes at least platinum

and killshady, remember that Hell the Sequel sold only 750k after Recovery going multiplat

this is more flop, than even RE-UP, becuase this is album not can doing BUZZ for Shady Records artists and sell 200k (2CD, really 100k). At this days, this is like another EMINEM album with some rappers.

When people buy RE-UP, people really know who is 50 Cent, who is D12 worldwide. Even Obie Trice have more buzz, than Yella or SH at this days (if we talk not about album sells, if we say about music videos/single distribution)

I think, even StAt Quo - Like Dat was more popular single, than any single from Yella and SH, because i'm listen Like Dat on Russian popular radio station in 2005/2006 along with You Don't Know.

Eminem really don't care about label at this days and probably forget, what he have label. This is more Paul initiative.
Image Image Image Image
killshady
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jagsphan » Oct 15th, '14, 23:34

I think it will sell around 250k first week since it isn't a real Eminem album.
Jagsphan
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Plank » Oct 15th, '14, 23:37

killshady wrote:
Raul wrote:since it's not a studio album, I'd be glad if Em goes at least platinum

this is more flop, than even RE-UP, becuase this is album not can doing BUZZ for Shady Records artists and sell 200k (2CD, really 100k). At this days, this is like another EMINEM album with some rappers.

When people buy RE-UP, people really know who is 50 Cent, who is D12 worldwide. Even Obie Trice have more buzz, than Yella or SH at this days (if we talk not about album sells, if we say about music videos/single distribution)

I think, even StAt Quo - Like Dat was more popular single, than any single from Yella and SH, because i'm listen Like Dat on Russian popular radio station in 2005/2006 along with You Don't Know.

Eminem really don't care about label at this days and probably forget, what he have label. This is more Paul initiative.

One reason for this is Eminem was the biggest thing going on at the time from 1999-2006. His hiatus really wrecked that and as such you can't compare these 2 albums; one is back in a different industry with a rapper who was coming off of the most hype any rapper in history has had. This one is coming off of a rapper who's nowhere near as big, with less popular acts and a record label that values t shirts over artists
They're fucking with the wrong people
Image Image
Plank
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat