The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

This should be the official cover of the MMLP2

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: This should be the official cover of the MMLP2

Postby Josh » Nov 9th, '14, 03:29

EminemBase wrote:Yeah that's pretty dope tbh. Thought I was gonna be like 'nahhhhhh' and 'ewww', but this shit works nice.

The actual concept of having the same shot but seeing the house grown over and old - parallel to Em himself, if that was/is the concept is... poignant. Simple and it works. And the timing for MMLP2 is actually perfect on that basis and doesn't even feel contrived... shit could have been a pure masterpiece.

Just a shame that the music doesn't match the feel or even itself (mixtape vibe) throughout.

Other than that route, he could have gone with totally new music aka Rap God and Rhyme or Reason and re-inventing old sounds like Berzerk and aimed a little bit higher to keep that consistent and have a kind of fully consistent nod to the old but totally fresh take and a new cover and make MMLP mean something new in a new era but still have that attitude like those tracks do.

- With that ambition, that initial show of the modern MMLP2 abbreviation all in red with a black boombox background... had a totally new vibe to it. Felt old due to the boombox vibe yet new due to being a social-type abbreviation... that should would have worked wonders with that new Em - double flip the bird - picture, which I'm sure would have become an iconic photo in a new light if the album worked right with it.

Unfortunately he had to rely heavily on past formulas... So Much Better, Survival, Monster etc. and ruin the shit. All good songs but all out of fucking place like a mother fucker.

i love your posts m8
:y:
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Nov 9th, '14, 06:22

6PRDMD9 wrote:Yipee, EminemBase is back, now he can post the same thing in 10 different threads!

returning to pollute the minds of another TR generation and brainwash them into believing he is god

EmBase is sorta like Bray Wyatt only less talented at playing his character
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby CanadaPure » Nov 9th, '14, 06:32

6PRDMD9 wrote:Yipee, EminemBase is back, now he can post the same thing in 10 different threads!

RT
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 9th, '14, 06:40

CanadaPure wrote:

RT

MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » Nov 9th, '14, 07:33

Mr Change wrote:

returning to pollute the minds of another TR generation and brainwash them into believing he is god

EmBase is sorta like Bray Wyatt only less talented at playing his character

The capitalization is appreciated homie. :y:
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby kkaniff » Nov 9th, '14, 07:52

Lol.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Nov 9th, '14, 07:55

op is faggot

i mean awesome i read jaba
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Previous

Return to Shady Chit-Chat